1 of 2
Looking for Unflattering “Bible Code” Phrases
Posted: 22 June 2007 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

I understand how the so-called “Bible Code” works.  The sheer massive volume of letters which can be arranged in any of several numerical matrix grids, combined with the freedom to look for words forwards, backwards, diagonally, and even via skipping one or more letters within a “word” can allow for several statements which can then be retrofitted into any one of a million historical events.  So here’ my question:  Has anyone used the same methods the “Bible Code” “Researchers” use to come up with unflattering phrases in the Bible such as, “Evolution is a fact,” or “There is no such thing as the ‘Bible Code’”?  Surely someone has done this.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 25 June 2007 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22
Rocinante - 22 June 2007 11:24 PM

I understand how the so-called “Bible Code” works.  The sheer massive volume of letters which can be arranged in any of several numerical matrix grids, combined with the freedom to look for words forwards, backwards, diagonally, and even via skipping one or more letters within a “word” can allow for several statements which can then be retrofitted into any one of a million historical events.  So here’ my question:  Has anyone used the same methods the “Bible Code” “Researchers” use to come up with unflattering phrases in the Bible such as, “Evolution is a fact,” or “There is no such thing as the ‘Bible Code’”?  Surely someone has done this.

There was a documentary on the History Channel that dealt with “The Bibile Code”, the only real sceptic they interviewed discussed the stastical probability of finding whatever you want given the reasons you mentioned.  He also used the book Moby Dick to demonstrate his point, and found something like (I can’t remeber) Kenndey’s assaination.  You can probably find this on Youtube.

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

Posted: 25 June 2007 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2007-06-17

Go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4mG7MdAzOw#

Signature 

http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/833F918B-485B-42F4-B18C-4AB1436D9B87.html

Posted: 25 June 2007 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2007-06-17

Incidentally, if someone can get a pdf of the bible and can write a bible code algorhythm, we can search for predictions of scurrilous celebrity scandals that haven’t yet hit the headlines (probably because they never happened) and call it the libel code in a rather awful pun.  I think that using their logic to predict events in history that never actually happened after the non-fact might lay this one to rest once and for all.

Signature 

http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/833F918B-485B-42F4-B18C-4AB1436D9B87.html

Posted: 25 June 2007 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

Awesome video narwhol!  I used to think that Vanilla Ice was quite shallow too.  Boy was I wrong.

Here’s where you can get a .pdf Bible:  http://www.tniv.info/pdf/TNIV_Bible.pdf

Here’s where you can get an algorithm:  http://bible-code-oracle.xentao.alienpicks.com/

Here’s the tag line for that software:

Bible Code Oracle is the first and only easy-to-use bible code and torah code software. ANYONE can use it. Search for anything from whether or not your name is in the bible to who is going to win the election.

I tried it out.  As it turns out, my name is indeed in the bible.  The appearance of my name in the code occurs just before it says: “…sucks eggs.” 

I also found out that the song “Ice, Ice, Baby” was performed at the last supper.

I guess that means that we are now witnessing the second coming of Vanilla Ice.

God is truly great!

[ Edited: 25 June 2007 05:27 PM by Pragmatic Naturalist ]

Posted: 26 June 2007 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-06-17

When I get round to it I will give it a go.  I think if I can find that someone in the bible prophesised the Richard Gere hamster rumour or the assaniation of JFK by emperor Trajan in 1822, I will feel satisfied that it’s complete nonsense.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2007 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-06-17

Well, it’s inconclusive.  Whilst genesis contains the many references to the words goats, falwell and blows, and many references to the words gere, hamster and ass, when I typed in true, there were quite a few of those in genesis too, but also three or four falses.  So perhaps richard gere is innocent.  However I’d say the number of trues was roughly the same as the number of blows, falwell’s and goats (which were all roughly equal), whereas the number of falses weren’t enough to constitute a complete retraction.  Bible scholars interpret Genesis as largely allegorical though, so it might just be a reference to preforming a kindness to animals.

At this point my demo version ran out and asked me if I’d like to purchase the full version.  I wasn’t able to turn to the prophets for guidance at this point so I hope I made the right choice.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2007 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-06-19

It’d be instructive to run the software analysis on one of the original sources of scripture like Gilgamesh. The earliest version we have was written in Mitanni, which was not a Semetic language, but an Aryan one. So- there’s a much higher probabilty of deriving names based on the same set of PIE words that were handed down in all the other Aryan languages, like English, that not only sound familiar, but have similar meanings.

Posted: 27 June 2007 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-06-17

I hereby delegate and wish you luck.

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2007 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2007-06-20

Pragmatic Naturalist,

Thanks for the Bible Code Oracle Program link.  But I quickly went through the trial period and due to the limited hits I was able to get with it, I am wondering if it works the same way as the “Bible Code” used by believers in such nonsense. 

Does the Oracle Program simply search the Bible for existing words, or does it place the letters in grids of various sizes and then search for words forward, backwards, up, down, diagonally, and by skipping 1, 2, 3 or more letters?  By doing it that way, ANYTHING can be found and then retrofitted into historical events.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 01 July 2007 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08
Rocinante - 01 July 2007 01:28 PM

Pragmatic Naturalist,

Thanks for the Bible Code Oracle Program link.  But I quickly went through the trial period and due to the limited hits I was able to get with it, I am wondering if it works the same way as the “Bible Code” used by believers in such nonsense. 

Does the Oracle Program simply search the Bible for existing words, or does it place the letters in grids of various sizes and then search for words forward, backwards, up, down, diagonally, and by skipping 1, 2, 3 or more letters?  By doing it that way, ANYTHING can be found and then retrofitted into historical events.

Hi,

It’s an “oracle”, it works in mysterious ways. 

actually, for that question I’ll have to defer to Narwhol.

he’s speaking for me right now.

Thanks

PN

Posted: 01 July 2007 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2007-06-17
Pragmatic Naturalist - 01 July 2007 03:34 PM
Rocinante - 01 July 2007 01:28 PM

Pragmatic Naturalist,

Hi,

It’s an “oracle”, it works in mysterious ways. 

actually, for that question I’ll have to defer to Narwhol.

he’s speaking for me right now.

Thanks

PN

Rocinante, I was amazed at how many hits I got (especially for a word with a w and an f in it, such as Falwell, I got only four in the whole bible for hamster).  I tried searching manually for prophecies in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti monster and didn’t get one, so I would guess that it tries hell of a lot of combinations at a time.

Btw, what did you search for and what did you find?

PN, cryptic, my friend, very cryptic.

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2007 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
narwhol - 01 July 2007 04:12 PM

Rocinante…what did you search for and what did you find?

I searched for “evolution” and a few sexual acts illegal in some states smile  I didn’t get any hits on any of them.

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 01 July 2007 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2007-06-17

I can see how your mind was working.

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2007 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2007-07-12

Hi,

In a google search I found

http://dmitrybrant.com/fun-with-the-bible-code/

Enjoy!

Image Attachments
borg.JPG

Posted: 14 July 2007 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-06-20

Thanks Wandering!  That is exactly what I was looking for!

Signature 

—James Madison

1 of 2