Guess Where It’s Legal for Your Taxes To Go To
Posted: 25 June 2007 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19414473/

And now, you need not give money to the christians on TV, or your local churches. Your tax money pays them anyway.

unconstitutional

adjective
not consistent with or according to a constitution; contrary to the U.S. Constitution

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unconstitutional

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED

Posted: 25 June 2007 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Did you miss the notice, logicisrefreshing.  The present administration filed a presidential signing statement recinding the Constitution.  Oh, that’s right.  They classified it top secret in the interests of government privacy so no one can read it.  (unfortunately there’s no smiley here for complete nausea.)

Occam

Posted: 25 June 2007 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2007-06-17
Occam - 25 June 2007 06:33 PM

Did you miss the notice, logicisrefreshing.  The present administration filed a presidential signing statement recinding the Constitution.  Oh, that’s right.  They classified it top secret in the interests of government privacy so no one can read it.  (unfortunately there’s no smiley here for complete nausea.)

Occam

Ordinarily, I would expect this statement to be some sort of dry humour, but given the present US administration, I’m going to ask can you post a link to the notice about the signing of the statement.  I wouldn’t put anything past them (other than the usual things like decency, common sense, anything that would suggest that any of them had learned the lessons of history, etc.).  I can well understand why they don’t believe in evolution - it just hasn’t happened to them yet.

Signature 

http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/833F918B-485B-42F4-B18C-4AB1436D9B87.html

Posted: 26 June 2007 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

Looks like the Religious Reich wins this one.  mad

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 26 June 2007 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Very sad day, but given the present makeup of the court, I have to say this was a foregone conclusion. The only question, really, is whether they’ll strike down Roe v. Wade. I would very much expect so.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 26 June 2007 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-24

I know when I saw this the first time on TV about the government giving billions to christian organizations I almost popped a blood vessel.
It really makes me sick to see how they twist the constitution to further their Theocratic agendas.  Who am I kidding? Most times they just ignore the constitution.

I know a lot of people say it’ll change when (if) a Democrat gets into the White House but I don’t see how quite frankly. It’ll be the same dance with a slightly different tune.  Perhaps Ron Paul or Edwards could try and make changes but is there any chance of them getting the nomination?  I doubt it.

Signature 

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)

Posted: 26 June 2007 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

It seems like the constitution isn’t worth much now that the Shrub and the Religious Reich are in office.  rolleyes

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 26 June 2007 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4108
Joined  2006-11-28

Sadly, it won’t matter who the next president is because the damage is done. The Supreme Court can, at best, stay the same until Thomas or Scalie die/retire. The damage BUsh has done in terms of the judiciary will be with us for decades (even longer than that done to our relationship with the rest of the world, hard to believe as that is). Arrgggg!!!

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 26 June 2007 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2007-06-11

Oh, man. Reading that made me nauseous.  sick

I hope Pat Robertson enjoys his new summer home. We’re payin’ for it.

Signature 

“The language and concepts contained herein are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.”—Frank Zappa

Posted: 27 June 2007 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07
Occam - 25 June 2007 06:33 PM

Occam

Well of course there’s evidence that they did that! But we can’t prove it because the government covered it up! :-p

As for Pat Robertson’s summer home… hopefully he will follow Jerry Falwell’s lead…

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED