3 of 3
Darwin Fish
Posted: 17 July 2007 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-01-15

Just replace your evolvefish with a flying spaghetti monster and they will have no idea what that is.
Seriously,if you left everything alone on your car you would be okay.  I went to high school there and as long as you don’t , make any sudden moves you will be okay. If a drunk redneck challenges you just say that you like to fish and change the subject.
Have fun, George A.  in Minnesota

Posted: 17 July 2007 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29
Georgeac - 17 July 2007 02:47 PM

as long as you don’t make any sudden moves you will be okay.

LOL  LOL

Posted: 19 July 2007 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-19

Hey I’m new as of today and I will try and post more Bio info sometime soon. I just happen to have a couple of things that pertain to this topic.

First, years ago i worked in a screen print shop and I had decided at that point I was about 90% agnostic/athiest. I saw the Darwin fish on a car and loved it so I made up about 5 or 6 shirts with the symbol in the middle of the chest about 4x6”. They lasted about 2 seconds after a few people, they wanted them bad so I gave them away. Too bad I don’t work there anymore or I’d be pumping them out now.

Second, about 3 or 4 months ago I was at a gas station in mid-western Indiana (Cambridge City) and i was getting gas as usual. I noticed to Mexican or at least latino guys standing behind their car and sort of looking confused and giggling. After a few minutes one of them came to me and politely asked if I could help them a second. They had just bought the car near Fort Wayne and it had a sticker on it that they didn’t understand. As I glanced down I immediately thought 2 things, one they are joking with me and 2 I’m not going to explain this to someone who’s culture tends to be mostly catholic.

It read” Have you nailed your messiah today?”

I could tell they were amused at the look on my face as I stammered and laughed a little to myself. I said, “it just has something to do with Jesus and it might make some people mad. Be careful”

On my way home I laughed so hard I could barely stand it. To this day I haven’t decided whether it was a real question or a joke supposed to be played on a religious person that just missed the mark.

Posted: 21 July 2007 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  7540
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome David.  Glad to see you here.  Jump in and join the conversations.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 July 2007 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  934
Joined  2005-01-14

I had a physics teacher in high school named David Smith.  He had a sign on his desk that said, “Ignorance can be fixed—Stupid is forever.”

Posted: 07 August 2007 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29

I’d like to proudly announce I survived a trip in my car with the Darwin Fish symbol on its back (and Canadian license plates) across the United States of America.

Posted: 07 August 2007 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

times they are a changin’ - bob dylan

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 07 August 2007 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-19

I just got my “No Gods, No Masters” and my “Doing my part to piss off the religious right” bumper stickers in the mail yesterday. I think I’ll leave the doing my part one off and put the No Gods one in my truck window. I live in a small Indiana town which is fairly religious but mostly “fake’ religious (they say they believe in god but don’t go to church or really care about religion in general). I also live right between a 30 year religious missionary and a minister and I park outside. So it may be interesting.

Posted: 07 August 2007 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2007-07-16
David M Smith - 07 August 2007 10:08 AM

I think I’ll leave the doing my part one off…

well, youre not really doing your part then, are you?

wink

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-19

That one will stay up in my garage. . . for now.

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2007-07-16

i want a flying spaghetti monster belt buckle. the sight of a Texan with a FSM belt buckle…. nice!

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-19

Those vehicle stickers usually have some mad stickem. You could probably find a flat generic buckle and stick it to it. I used to work at a place that could make those symbol things for vehicles. Wish I still did.

3 of 3