Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-07-20

drugs = medication drugs

Posted: 24 September 2007 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18
someone1 - 20 September 2007 09:03 AM

If you are dating someone, at what point would you say you are on drugs?

There is some obligation for the person being dated, to know to know WHO are they dating, and me on drugs is a different me, than the me without on drugs.

The you just dating someone is different too. You are on drugs all the time, that’s a lot of what the brain does. So when you first date your brain is going to be flooded with chemicals not under “normal” stress. ON a first date your fight or flight mechanisms are on high alert, precursor amounts of chemicals are already leaking into your blood, your heart rate is elevated and your muscles are ready for action. If you get positive feedback from your date you’ll get a shot of adrenalin and feel exalted and if the reaction is less than expected you’ll get a shot or cortisol instead and have a feeling of anxiety.

In a person on any medication there are just some different amounts or different molecules of specific chemicals than would be without the medicine. I have some arthritis from working 28 years on my feet. 5 out of 7 days I am on some form of pain medicine. Should I alert my employer or colleagues, or my date? Am I fundamentally altered by this medical assistance? Of course not.

But this is my last post on the topic. You don’t strike me as someone who wants to be comforted by reason, you seem only to want pity for that fact that you need medicine to live a healthy life. In my world everyone has a hard luck story, but that is just a diversion from actually living. Either live, live better with the best that your wealth (compared to much of the world) and modern medicine can provide, or don’t.

Posted: 13 April 2008 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

I would also add that it is not out of line to ask for a second (or 3rd) opinion. Also, in cases where you have a chronic long term problem, make sure that you have a good relationship with your doctor. Trust is as important as competence with a doctor you will be trusting with your health (or life).
geo

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

3 of 3

‹‹ How Much of a Risk Would it Be...      A Rant ››