15 of 15
Grothe Smears Vocal Atheists Again (Peter Irons episode)
Posted: 28 August 2007 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

I am inclined to agree as well that the thread should be locked, as we’ve basically discussed this to death. Any additional thoughts?

Going once ...

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Total Posts:  895
Joined  2007-05-09

dougsmith - 28 August 2007 09:43 AM

Zarcus, this is the relevant quote from Justin’s account:

He said to me “what did you say to my friend before”, to which I replied “you could have recycled the poster.” He claimed not to believe that and then said, “I think you said – I believe what I want, you believe what you want.” I denied this, so he said sarcastically, “Well I believe you said it, and I believe what I want, and you believe what you want, so you owe my friend an apology.”

Zarcus, Doug has answered this question… please read the words… the assailants raised the issue of belief.

That is your post David. Show me where in that quote that the assailants have identified a belief system? Better yet, show me anywhere in Justin’s account.

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Joined  2007-05-09

The popular idea of closing this thread, David, is further disgrace. When all you have to do is make your case.

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

There’s also this part of the story:

While my colleague Peter and I were postering around midnight on Tuesday, March 27 for or an event entitled “God:  The Failed Hypothesis” at Ryerson University, we noticed two men very interested in our postering, stopping to read the posters we had placed on the walls.  They followed us for several minutes.

Peter and I were shortly thereafter postering by the stairs on the second floor of the Podium (near Gould St.), just past the main cafeteria, in a relatively public area with a few witnesses present, when an individual came up to ask us what we were doing, seemingly wanting to initiate a confrontation. Peter handed him a poster and invited him to our event.  He looked at the poster, mumbled under his breath and through it to the ground, ...

Going twice ...

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

lock this mutha up!

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Joined  2007-05-09

Doug, thank you for making my case. That quote is vital, as I have posted it a couple times.

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Total Posts:  7572
Joined  2007-03-02

I agree, it’s time to close this thread even if it means to lock it.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Joined  2007-05-09
drkoepsell - 28 August 2007 04:36 PM
zarcus - 28 August 2007 04:32 PM

dougsmith - 28 August 2007 09:43 AM

Zarcus, this is the relevant quote from Justin’s account:

He said to me “what did you say to my friend before”, to which I replied “you could have recycled the poster.” He claimed not to believe that and then said, “I think you said – I believe what I want, you believe what you want.” I denied this, so he said sarcastically, “Well I believe you said it, and I believe what I want, and you believe what you want, so you owe my friend an apology.”

Zarcus, Doug has answered this question… please read the words… the assailants raised the issue of belief.

That is your post David. Show me where in that quote that the assailants have identified a belief system? Better yet, show me anywhere in Justin’s account.

I made the case, see post #242… it would have been nice had the assailants said “we are attacking you for your belief system” because then we wouldn’t have to infer from all of the other circumstances that this was the case, but as I said before, reasonable people would infer it.

That is not an argument. Though you have used this tactic prior, as in when any criticism, or concern is seen as “there is no harassment”.  No, I am not asking you for the quote you now offer, only to account for your reading of the quote you offered into evidence as you claim, pertaining to an attack on a “belief” or belief system, thus requiring a belief that this a “Atheist bashing”.

Posted: 28 August 2007 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Total Posts:  7572
Joined  2007-03-02

Lock it, Doug.  I’m tired and I know David and DJ are too if not more so.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

15 of 15