Any Verse for Verse Bible Believers ???
Posted: 01 August 2007 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-01

No wit test.
No perfection test.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 encourages Christian to be equally yoke with Christian believers.

It’s unfair to assume somebody a Christian because they are nice and liked by people.

It’s unfair to assume so because they say they have a personal relationship with Christ.

It’s unfair to assume so because they have an exciting biography and testimony on their life being turned around.

Let’s be honest unbelievers give up drinking and smoking and lose weight too. 

They take advantage of support groups for personal development on their character also.

Unbelievers even have mentors.

Unbelievers are some of the biggest charity volunteers and donaters.

Unbelievers risk their life for a life to save.

Unbelievers show love to people undeserving of love too.

So what do the bible have to say about who a Christian believer really is ?

Let’s deal with :

John 13:20
Luke 10:16
1 Thessalonians 4:8
2 Timothy 3:16
1 or 2 Peter 1:20-21
Matthew 5:19-20

First of all a Christian believer is the only person that doesn’t
despise any of God’s people and doesn’t despise any of God’s
Word or Holy Spirit.

Make no difference if we’re talking about verses like:

Romans 7:2-3 for today
1 Timothy 2:9-14 for today

Second of all a Christian believer only agrees that the Holy Spirit or
bible is the only legal intrepreter of any bible verse in the book. This
means opinions and speculations of man is left out.

Third of all a Christian believer only agrees that the bible is
completely the Word or Holy Spirit of God.

Am I saying Christian believers are 100% bible believers only?
Yes I am.

Am I saying Christian believers have a right and wrong intrepretation
of every bible verse by the Holy Spirit or Word of God only?
Yes I am.

Am I saying Christian believers have to be with 100% bible believers
only?
Yes I am .

Posted: 01 August 2007 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

question So what’s the question to be answered?

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 01 August 2007 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-07-14
tonytony - 01 August 2007 07:18 PM

This means opinions and speculations of man is left out..

And, of course, your post wasn’t your opinion or speculation.

Posted: 02 August 2007 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

paul - the author of corinithians - was a mighty fucked up guy. what he wrote in 1 corinthians about women being made for men and not men made for women so therefore women should wear a sign of authority over their heads still makes me go, “how can christian women tolerate this?”

but then theres the book of leviticus where we are told that a woman who gives birth to a female is “unclean” for twice as long (14 days) as she would be if she gave birth to a boy (7 days). then there are the comical parts about what to eat and what not to eat; this is “unclean” and thou shall “detest” it.

i also like the parts in genesis that claims light was created (1st day) before the sun (4th day) and that the moon emits light.

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 02 August 2007 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-07-27

“2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness.”

Which means the theist ought not be on the same forum as an atheist. But then this is a forum to discuss theist verses atheist which brings another point as to why anyone would obviously try to provoke an argument when in fact according to the bible believers and unbelievers should not be together either physically or in cyberspace.

So put that under your hat tonytony.

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2007 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

You know there is always the shred and toss (trash and burn) approach- ie the birth story- 1. the census was 6 AD not 6 BC.  It would be plain silly for both the woman and the man to travel (even IF they did have to go to their place of birth for the census, which they did NOT) to the birth city because only the man registared for the census.  He would not take his wife on such a trip, esp being pregnant due to the heat, rough terrain, and violent robbers at that time.  The list of issues go on and on without even touching the virgin birth.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 04 August 2007 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-07-27

Which brings us to the obvious point that the bible was written by mentally unbalanced schizophrenic men whose minds were burned out on wine and most likely marijuana which grows wild in parts of the Middle East and whom believed that “God” was talking to them. I have a friend that tells me the “holy ghost” talks to him through the air and as everyone who comes in contact with him attests he is severely mentally unbalanced. In order to draw people to believe in such fantasy a person either has to be a con artist or mentally unbalanced themselves and draw such persons to them whom are either insecure, immature or both. If it sounds too good to be true is must not be true. The jokesters whom originally put the bible together never imagined at the time that anyone would ever see through their scam as they wrote it at a time when few people were educated and most people were ignorant and superstitious.

But here we are two thousand years later still believing in this swell. Which just goes to show that men’s minds have barely evolved in all of that time. Will it take ten thousand years or twenty five thousand years for mankind to give up the silly notion that there is a god or will mankind be forever condemned to wear that yoke of insecurity about his neck?

[ Edited: 04 August 2007 06:09 PM by Holely Goat ]
 Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2007 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

That’s what I want to know-  Why after 2000 years people are still believing what is obviously fiction and no real truth to it.  Not that things like “Love thy neighbour” are not good things, but the rest of it is not worthy of believing in it as history.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report