More events?
Posted: 02 August 2007 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-06-20

I don’t know if this would be too difficult, but would it be possible for the CFI site to include some kind of database of more relevant events?  For instance, author/speaker tours, conferences, local CFI group meetings or local Freethought/Humanist group meetings, etc. that aren’t necessarily sponsored by CFI?  It’d be great to be able to make this searchable by date and zipcode.  Again, this might be a totally crazy idea, but I always like hearing about what’s going on near me that I can get involved with, and there seems to be no central way to access all of these events.  This would also be a good way to bring in more people.  It’s one thing to sit at your computer and another to be able to find a realistic way to get out there and do something.

Posted: 03 August 2007 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2002-09-09

Hey Kristine,

Great idea!  But…it would take a lot of time to collect that information and keep it current.  I swear I saw a calendar once that any group could post events to, maybe on Internet Infidels?  But all I found when I just checked was this.  A calendar for the campus section of the CFI website is in the works, though, to supplement the traditional Events listing we’ve posted.

Debbie