2 of 2
On “Ad Hominem” and argument quality
Posted: 07 August 2007 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2007-06-19

Yes, you are right.

I mixed a word with similar sound to spanish word (morosidad) with a english word which has nothing to do with that. The expression ‘loan delinquency’ that I find hard to remember (maybe because on spanish ‘delinquency’ has more to do with criminal acts. Sorry.

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  4052
Joined  2006-11-28

No worries, Barto. Cognates are tricky since they are often, but not always, reliable. I’m just disappointed I can’t quantify my morosity. Would I be a 7 or a 2 on the Eyore scale, I wonder? wink

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Barto - 07 August 2007 03:23 PM

Yes, you are right.

I mixed a word with similar sound to spanish word (morosidad) with a english word which has nothing to do with that. The expression ‘loan delinquency’ that I find hard to remember (maybe because on spanish ‘delinquency’ has more to do with criminal acts. Sorry.

Yes, no worries at all, Barto. Just thought I’d clear it up.

FWIW, “delinquency” has basically the same meaning in english that it does in spanish. (Committing criminal acts). This use of the term is technical.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2007-06-19
mckenzievmd - 07 August 2007 03:25 PM

No worries, Barto. Cognates are tricky since they are often, but not always, reliable. I’m just disappointed I can’t quantify my morosity. Would I be a 7 or a 2 on the Eyore scale, I wonder? wink

Well, my morosity (I guess is more correct moroseness, could be?) varies in a wide range. I guess sometimes I run out of serotonin and my mososity raises… mainly in winter grin (well, I don’t have religious experience, but I note my mood tends to change with seasons).

Eyore because of the winnie the pooh character?. grin

2 of 2