No comment. So what else is new?

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 22 August 2007 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7593
Joined  2007-03-02
Occam - 22 August 2007 06:16 PM

I’ve stayed out of this because Mriana and Doug were doing a very good job of trying to get both of you to back off of the confrontational attitudes and snide comments.  I have a much shorter fuse than either of them.  There are two solutions left as I see it.  Both of you should go to your control panels, click on Manage Ignore List and enter the name of the other.  That way, neither of you even see the posts of the other.  The second solution entails banning, and I assure you that if either of you says, “Ha, good. He needs to be banned,” you may be surprised that you are the one who is kicked off of the board. 

Occam

Note that blue text incicates official moderator posts.

Whoops!  I’ve been using green.  LOL  I wonder where I got that idea?  Oh no matter, but I do think the ignore feature is a good solution.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 22 August 2007 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-08-11

(message was supposed to be PM, please ignore)

Signature 

“Our world was brutal, immoral, smug and conventional. We had unbounded contempt for all those who did not sin as we sinned.” Jim Tully Circus Parade

“Books are not absolutely dead things, but do contain a potency of life in them to be as active as that soul whose progeny they are; nay they do preserve as in a vial the purest efficacy and extraction of that living intellect that bred them.” - John Milton Aeropagitca

Posted: 22 August 2007 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

And I used it and just want to move on and for now on when ever it seems some one is getting upset over some innocent remark that is suppose to be humorous anyway I will just move to another area and stay away from that person as even amongst non-believers (?) or believers there are loose cannons and as my oldest daughter told me once “Dad you have to watch yourself on forums because there are all sorts of strange people that post on them and it isn’t worth going face to face with them because that is the way it is on the net.”

Anyway she is right and since I inquired into membership in the CFI costs I have decided to join it in 2008, so would not want to ruffle any feathers. I once was a ten year member of American Atheist and their forums are pretty much like yours with the same set of rules.

And I had my own forums with the rules set in place by a board I elected which we did not allow any heated discussions, but we had a time of it to decide which were considered heated and which were just debates. It was not easy, but calling the kettle black we never consider an argument unless both parties were doing the same, but it was rare when we banned anyone as we just tried to keep a civil discussion going. Then I started the Church of Dog without any rules to see what would happen and as it was nothing did as people won’t quarrel if there is no rules. Like if there is no law there will be no lawlessness since there is no law.

[ Edited: 22 August 2007 08:20 PM by Holely Goat ]
 Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 22 August 2007 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  7593
Joined  2007-03-02

OK I saw what it said before he deleted it, but he deleted it.  Let it go, HG.  I assuming you did not place him on ignore or you would not have seen it OR you chose to peak at it even though you were trying to ignore him.  IMHO, since he deleted it, the subject should have been dropped.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 22 August 2007 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Holely Goat.  I’ll try to make it very plain for you.  STOP POSTING ON THIS THREAD.  If you want to say anymore on this subject, send one of the moderators or the administrator a private mail.

Occam

4 of 4