The unicorn museum
Posted: 12 August 2007 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-08-06

http://www.unicornmuseum.org/

I had to read a couple of times this article to believe that is not an internet hoax but unfortunately it is not. It would just give me a good laugh but there are some very sad facts involved in this.

1. The Donate button on the menu on top- I would like to contribute to this world that some children in Africa would live to their first birthday, that the rain forest wouldn’t disappear or the ice caps wouldn’t melt. (If it is even possible). I should give my hard earned money to this facility ? That brings us to the second sad point closely related to the first one.

2. The Creation Museum is a $27 million facility. I’m sure most unfortunate people would be happy with $27.

3. The Unicorn Museum is created by a noted fantasy author. I would like to know who ? Who is so fed up with our beautiful planet that only feel comfortable living on it if he stays in the realm of his fantasy? I enjoy reading fantasy and science-fiction but I’m not delusional about it. I can proudly say I can walk thru a dark forest without being scared of dark elves.

4. KidzCrafts: DIY Chimera Workshop- Oh no poisoning the next generation !!!

5. User Submitted Billboards- There is more people believe in this besides the Brotherhood Of Fantasy Creatures. All hope is lost !

Any comments?

P.S: I just hope some real horses didn’t get injured…

Posted: 12 August 2007 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Is it a joke? At the bottom it says “powered by this week in science”.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 August 2007 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-08-06

Hm…. I didn’t see that before… I’m confused….Well if it is a joke, it is well crafted…

Posted: 13 August 2007 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

when i was younger i took some acid and rode a unicorn to the store to pick up some OJ.

maybe they can make an exhibit about that!

“In this exhibit we see a drug-induced youth hallucinating that he is riding an Unus cornu.”

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 13 August 2007 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2007-06-17

A fully ... for intellectually undiscerning guests.

I think we can say with the first two paragraphs that they are having a laugh at our less evolved southern US cousins.

Signature 

http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/833F918B-485B-42F4-B18C-4AB1436D9B87.html

Posted: 13 August 2007 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

bummer, I was hoping to be in an exhibit

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 17 September 2007 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-09-16

I think that you’ll find Peter S. Beagle to be the fantasy writer who is the founder of this museum (it’s his animated movie, produced by RankinBass that is featured in the video-clip—sad!  Tolkein, among other things seemed to respect reason, despite his sense of fantasy).

Posted: 15 October 2007 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-10-09

Oh geez… it’s a joke in the tradition of Landover Baptist.  They want to erect a billboard to make fun of the creationist museum. The Creationists seemed to have left the Unicorns out of their revision of history.  They’re just trying to help them get their own facts straight!

And Peter S. Beagle is a saint!!

Posted: 17 October 2007 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

I LOVE LANDOVER BAPTIST.

It’s a joke, indeed… A good one.

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED