I challenge you to back up your claims that democrats or any party have put forward or suggested any laws that will raise your taxes and deny you freedoms.
Granted, the challenge wasn’t presented to me, but here goes anyway:
* Los Angeles Democrat Lloyd Levine wants to ban the incandescent bulb and force people to use compact fluorescent bulbs.
* San Rafael Democrat Jared Huffman also wants to prevent people to be free to chose their type of bulbs.
* San Francisco (not a republican stronghold) banned the use of plastic grocery bags to fight global warming. Now they want to ban plastic water bottles.
* The chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Representative John D. Dingell MI (D.) announced a plan to fight global warming by by raising gasoline taxes 50 cents per gallon and ending mortgage tax deductions on large houses, which he snidely called “McMansions.” Weasel Word Alert!
* A bigger name democrat, Al Gore has proposed a “carbon tax.”
* While not a democrat, but clearly a left-leaning individual, one Australian columnist suggested making it a crime to deny global warming climate change.
Meanwhile, back in the land of the “free”…
* “A U.S. based environmental magazine that both former Vice President Al Gore and PBS newsman Bill Moyers, have deemed respectable enough to grant one-on-one interviews to promote their projects, is now advocating Nuremberg-style war crimes trials for skeptics of human caused catastrophic global warming.”
Nice. Real nice. When they have to resort to using the Hitler/Nazi analogy, they have officially lost the debate in my book.
Politicians talk about issues that are important to the people of this country…
No they don’t. They talk about issues that they think will help them win votes in order to get elected.
You don’t want to argue the point of leaving a cleaner Earth for our children because you don’t want to think about it.
Do you honestly think that people who may disagree with anthropogenic catastrophic global warming are pro-pollution?” Do you really think they want to damage this planet and leave their children in harm’s way? Because if you do, I’m afraid you are not only wrong, but prejudiced against those with whom you may have disagreements with. Have you ever sat down and talked with a conservative or a libertarian? Or - GASP! - even be friends with one? Would you let your daughter marry one? :grin: You might be surprised to find that they don’t have fangs, they don’t really want to starve little children or throw the elderly out in the streets.
You don’t want to admit that the U.S. is responsible for most of the pollutants…
That is factually incorrect. If you are talking about CO2, China is the worst polluter on the planet. And keep in mind, China was exempt from the Kyoto Protocol back when they were number 2.
...because you are too selfish to think about every other innocent country on this planet that is trying hard to balance out our bad habits.
It is not a zero sum game. The single largest factor that keeps other nations from achieving prosperity for themselves and their citizenry is not the existence of the United States, but a lack of freedom for their people.
How can we possibly reduce greenhouse gasses without it being a burden to you. Here are a few possible ideas- you get a very nice tax credit for buying a hybrid, alternative fuels become cheaper alternatives to gas, the electric company pays you for the energy saved by putting in solar panels.
Fine ideas. I’m all for them. I’d also like to add we, as a nation, need to get over our irrational fear of nuclear power and start building more nuclear power plants.