1 of 2
Jesus is coming back!
Posted: 31 August 2007 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

Every time there is something the Fundies do not agree upon with atheist or anyone else they say “It does not matter anyway because Jesus is coming back.”

How could he come back if he has never been here in the first place? Has anyone ever had physical evidence that Jesus ever existed?
Has anyone at any time ever seen proof he ever lived? How can anyone take anyone’s word from a book written over seventeen hundred years ago when there is no physical evidence of anything they wrote? Why this particular book over any other book?

And how would they know if Jesus was really Jesus if it were possible he came back? There have been dozens of persons claiming to be Jesus and skeptical Christians never believed it so how would they know if the “real Jesus” were to come back?

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 31 August 2007 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2283
Joined  2007-07-05

The only question is:

Does He have the stamina to kick the asses of all the Christians He’s going to want to kick when He gets here?

LOL  LOL  LOL 

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 31 August 2007 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

You asking me?  I have no clue, but IF Jesus saw what some Christians say and do today, he’d be a Humanist.  LOL

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 01 September 2007 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-06-08

I’ve always thought the same thing about the “second coming.” The adage of “if he comes back we’ll kill him again” comes to mind.

Even believers have a hard time believing that their religious leaders are spoken to directly by God, what’s more being the Christ. I still remember being a senior in high school when Oral Roberts claimed God was going to call him home (meaning take his life) if he didn’t raise $8 million for God in early 1987. He did raise a million more than that, so some people must have believed it to a point. He had also claimed in 1983 that Jesus himself told him to find a cure for cancer. Why Jesus didn’t just give him the cure for cancer, we’ll never know… but then didn’t God make cancer too? Couldn’t God have just made it go away? And aren’t God and Jesus and the Holy Goats, ahem, Ghost all one in the same? Talk about confusing! Yet Roberts is still around and nearly 90 years old, not to mention the university bearing his name. Which reminds me of another adage - only the good die young!

Posted: 07 September 2007 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-07

This is just like the fundies predicting the end of the world and setting a date, and then low and behold when the day comes they have to come up with an excuse for why were all here still alive and well…

Signature 

A proud reader of http://philosophy-forums.com

Posted: 20 September 2007 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2007-07-12
Holely Goat - 31 August 2007 08:54 PM

Every time there is something the Fundies do not agree upon with atheist or anyone else they say “It does not matter anyway because Jesus is coming back.”

How could he come back if he has never been here in the first place? Has anyone ever had physical evidence that Jesus ever existed?
Has anyone at any time ever seen proof he ever lived? How can anyone take anyone’s word from a book written over seventeen hundred years ago when there is no physical evidence of anything they wrote? Why this particular book over any other book?

And how would they know if Jesus was really Jesus if it were possible he came back? There have been dozens of persons claiming to be Jesus and skeptical Christians never believed it so how would they know if the “real Jesus” were to come back?

Uhh.. I guess that their “proof” of someone that would be jesus is his ability to do miracles. But unfortunately, any scam artist can do something thast fundies will consider as miracles. So we have to hope they scammers are not reading this post, they will remain with spoon-bending and no one will actually claim he is The Second Coming…

Posted: 20 September 2007 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

Jesus was a pervert and a let down for the ladies:

Revelations 22: 20:

“Surely I come quickly.”

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 22 September 2007 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-21

i’m coo coo for coco puffs. i really am. corn flakes are a lot older than coco puffs, so lets say corn flakes had put on their box since the beginning “the only cereal that tastes good is corn flakes”, im not going to believe it. i have tried cornflakes and found them wanting.
in much the same way, being raised catholic and dabbling in fundyism in my earlier twenties, i have found christianity wanting.
fundies can’t understand this.they can’t understand and get so frustrated when they point out that something, like jesus is coming back, is in the bible and people don’t believe it. they can’t understand that some people don’t like cornflakes when they(cornflakes) say they’re the only good tasting cereal there is right on the box.

ps- cornflakes doesn’t actually proclaim that it s the only good tasting cereal there is smile

[ Edited: 22 September 2007 12:30 AM by captainblasphamy ]

Posted: 22 September 2007 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
truthaddict - 20 September 2007 10:07 AM

Jesus was a pervert and a let down for the ladies:

Revelations 22: 20:

“Surely I come quickly.”

ROFLMBO!  Truth, you are so funny!

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 22 September 2007 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17

Well if he’s coming back he’s late.  Doesn’t it state somewhere in the bible that Jesus told his followers that he would return in their life time?

Oh well just don’t hold your breath.

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 22 September 2007 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Yes it does, but I don’t know what the verse is off hand.  I’d have to hunt it down and I really don’t want to.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 11 October 2007 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-10-09

Oh my gosh somebody actually made a movie about it…

http://andrew_larrison.home.comcast.net/

Posted: 11 October 2007 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  4618
Joined  2007-10-05

Matthew 16:28

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

About 20 years ago my father’s older brother preached at a small fundamentalist church. He said he has figured out the date of Jesus’ return. I pointed out to him the Bible stated no one would know the hour of the return of Jesus, but he insisted he knew and kept preaching. Some of his followers even sold their belongings anticipating the return. When the date passed with no word from Jesus my uncle admitted he had miscalculated, and started saying the Bible states no one can predict the return of Jesus.

What are you gonna do when people are so certain they’re right even when proven wrong?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 11 October 2007 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2007-07-19
fotobits - 11 October 2007 10:06 AM

About 20 years ago my father’s older brother preached at a small fundamentalist church. He said he has figured out the date of Jesus’ return.

Homer Simpson made a similar prediction for the rapture.  Faith is one of the oddest phenomena.  I like your signature, by the way.

Signature 

“It is the tension between creativity and skepticism that has produced the stunning and unexpected findings of science.” ~ Carl Sagan

Posted: 12 October 2007 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

godblessgeorgecarlin,  the link that you sent is hilarious.  Jesus would be a zombie if rose from the dead, wouldn’t he!  LOL

Now, we’ve all heard that Jesus is supposed to be coming.  The real question is, “when will Jesus be going?”  It’s about time isn’t it.  wink

Posted: 22 October 2007 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-10-11
erasmusinfinity - 12 October 2007 09:04 AM

godblessgeorgecarlin,  the link that you sent is hilarious.  Jesus would be a zombie if rose from the dead, wouldn’t he!  LOL

Now, we’ve all heard that Jesus is supposed to be coming.  The real question is, “when will Jesus be going?”  It’s about time isn’t it.  wink

Yes, when will there be an end to all this nonsense and tyranny, when will the human race put them where they belong, along with all the other myths and legends and be treated exactly the same!! rolleyes
Julie

1 of 2