2 of 2
Jesus is coming back!
Posted: 22 October 2007 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-10-11
godblessgeorgecarlin - 11 October 2007 04:28 AM

Oh my gosh somebody actually made a movie about it…

http://andrew_larrison.home.comcast.net/

I tried this link just now and was unsuccessful, do you have another link available for this?
:grin:

Posted: 22 October 2007 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2007-08-21
Holely Goat - 31 August 2007 08:54 PM

Every time there is something the Fundies do not agree upon with atheist or anyone else they say “It does not matter anyway because Jesus is coming back.”

How could he come back if he has never been here in the first place? Has anyone ever had physical evidence that Jesus ever existed?
Has anyone at any time ever seen proof he ever lived? How can anyone take anyone’s word from a book written over seventeen hundred years ago when there is no physical evidence of anything they wrote? Why this particular book over any other book?

And how would they know if Jesus was really Jesus if it were possible he came back? There have been dozens of persons claiming to be Jesus and skeptical Christians never believed it so how would they know if the “real Jesus” were to come back?

Even if it is possible that he did exist or his character was based off of a real individual, it would still be an unrealistic supernatural event for him to return from the dead. Such an idea could only come from an exaggerated book of fiction. Fictional stories are often influenced by reality, however the truth and reality are stretched and distorted thus making the book fictional. With our current understanding of life and death, the idea of somebody coming back from the dead is obviously fictional.

Signature 

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Posted: 22 October 2007 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21
morgantj - 22 October 2007 09:11 AM

With our current understanding of life and death, the idea of somebody coming back from the dead is obviously fictional.

Aw, c’mon TJ.  Didn’t you see The Living Dead series?  What about Shawn of The Dead?  And what about vodoo and santaria?  LOL

[ Edited: 22 October 2007 10:44 PM by erasmusinfinity ]

Posted: 23 October 2007 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

Jesus is back!  in fact I speak to many different Jesuses at work. <G>  BTW I work in a phone bank & Jesus is a common Sapish name much like John in English. So when a Fundie states Jesus is coming back just ask whicj of the many thousand of him are they refering to?

Gary

Reinstate the draft or get out of Iraq,

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 24 October 2007 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-10-09
erasmusinfinity - 12 October 2007 09:04 AM

godblessgeorgecarlin,  the link that you sent is hilarious.  Jesus would be a zombie if rose from the dead, wouldn’t he!  LOL

Now, we’ve all heard that Jesus is supposed to be coming.  The real question is, “when will Jesus be going?”  It’s about time isn’t it.  wink

I tried clicking the link again and it’s dead.  Rats :(

I’ve found some really hilarious zombie Jesus parodies.  My favorite part about zombie Jesus is always the eye lasers.  Zombie Jesus with eye lasers has to be the ultimate deity.  I know I complained about rational people going on a fools parade with their mockeries of religion, but how cool would it be to have the Church of Zombie Jesus Christ with Eye Lasers??  That spells staying power in my book.

Posted: 24 October 2007 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-10-09
julieartist - 22 October 2007 08:17 AM
godblessgeorgecarlin - 11 October 2007 04:28 AM

Oh my gosh somebody actually made a movie about it…

http://andrew_larrison.home.comcast.net/

I tried this link just now and was unsuccessful, do you have another link available for this?
:grin:

Sadly, no :(  But, I’m sure googling “zombie jesus” will lead to entertainment in one form or another :grin: :grin:

2 of 2