Pseudo Psychokinesis Demonstration
Posted: 01 September 2007 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

I’m a magician plain and simple.  No claims of psychic powers, but here is a video of me doing a (pseudo) psychokinesis demonstration of the type made (in)famous by Uri Geller.  I thought others on this forum might be interested in this.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 02 September 2007 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

I won’t ask how you did it but it appears the metal was soft to begin with. Perhaps a soft pewter or lead coated with silver plate.
In fact I bent a spoon and a fork into weird shapes and placing a hidden magnet in my drapes had them hanging on to the drapes as if by magic and no one has ever figured it out. I also once had several lead balls painted with silver mixed in with some steel balls and would prove to people all of the balls were made of lead by taking a hammer and smashing all of the lead balls flat and using a magnet to pick up the remain “lead” balls which of course were actually steel balls. No one ever figured out how I did it.
I am quite sure your trick is much like that.

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 02 September 2007 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Nope. 

So I gave it some thought.  How could I prove it was not “soft metal”?  Then it hit me.  A simple, but elegant solution.  What if I bent the fork back?!  I don’t even think Uri Geller has done this one!  :grin:  So I did just that.  I bent it back, always making sure I bent it so that no one could ever accuse me of allowing gravity to do any of the bending.  Then, just to make sure, I went ahead and hung my thickest coffee mug off the fork.  Any lead or pewter would have given way under its weight. 

I’ll put your theory right there next to those who have said “hidden lasers” and “acid on my fingers”!  :grin:

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

‹‹ Miracle in Minersville, PA      deleted ››