Bill Richardson 1
Total Votes: 11
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Who do you want for President in ‘08?
Posted: 11 September 2007 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

question Who is Dennis Kucinich I never heard of him? My money is still on Bill Richardson or maybe Clinton.

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 12 September 2007 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

bill richardson said homosexuality is a choice

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 12 September 2007 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2007-07-16

obama is making it clear that he supports Israel. translated: To the Israeli lobby, if elected I will continue to arm and fund their aggression.

Signature 

Posted: 12 September 2007 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2007-07-27

Are you sure Richardson said homosexuality is a choice? He is the governor of my home state and my correspondence with him in the past he was supportive of all gay issues and even has many gays on his staff. I find that rather hard to believe that Richardson would make such a rash statement but I’ll write and ask him as he usually answers my inquiries as I work for the state part time as a judicial officer.

And I never said I would vote for Obama but Clinton.

Signature 

Posted: 12 September 2007 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2007-07-16

affirmative.

He was asked point blank if he thought it was a choice and his words were: “It’s a choice.”

then the reporter said: “I don’t know if you understand the question.” And he confirmed that he feels it’s a choice

Signature 

Posted: 12 September 2007 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2007-07-27

I sent him an email asking him the same question and if he says it is a choice then I am going for Clinton as I think she does not believe that but if she does I won’t vote for any of them.

Signature 

Posted: 12 September 2007 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2007-07-24
Holely Goat - 12 September 2007 06:10 PM

I sent him an email asking him the same question and if he says it is a choice then I am going for Clinton as I think she does not believe that but if she does I won’t vote for any of them.

What he said is that he doesn’t know if it’s a choice, but gays deserve rights no matter what.

Posted: 13 September 2007 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2007-07-27

What he said is that he doesn’t know if it’s a choice, but gays deserve rights no matter what.

Of course they do as I am bisexual myself and have been in the gay liberation moment for a while back in the seventies.

I have not heard back from him but sometimes it takes awhile since he is out campaigning but I let him know if he thinks homosexuality is a choice he will not get my vote and I will give it to Hillery Clinton.

I think gender should not be mixed up in politics neither should there be discrimination against some one’s gender as that makes no sense to discriminate against a person who is born one way or the other as no one gets to choose how you are born because if they were I would have chosen to be born totally straight and a full blood Indian or a full blood Jew instead of being a mixed race.

Anyone that thinks you choose how you are going to be born must be totally nuts because how does an unborn baby have enough intelligence to be able to do that? If that were the case one would not have to teach it to talk and walk as it would be born talking and walking. Some people are just plain nuts anyway and if some one is running for president thinks that way our country is in one nasty mess and I suspect it will eventually fall like Rome did.

[ Edited: 13 September 2007 02:34 AM by Holely Goat ]
 Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2007 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2007-07-19

I have always thought that about 20-55% of homosexuals became so by nurture and not nature.  I doubt there was ever a moment an individual just decided “I’m going to be gay”.  It is much more likely that the social forces involved were so broken up by non influencial experiences that the end result was unconsciously derived.  I know that this understanding has no negative impact on my respect for all individuals.  I am more concerned with how people arrive at their decisions, not so much if they agree with the majority of people or not.

Signature 

“It is the tension between creativity and skepticism that has produced the stunning and unexpected findings of science.” ~ Carl Sagan

Posted: 13 September 2007 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2007-07-16

Holely Goat,

ive read the transcript and apparently you can see the video. I would do that if I were you. Cuz, from what I read of the transcript, Melissa Etheridge asked him a direct question and he quickly answered and then when she gave him a second chance he started to back pedal and do the “im not a scientist. I dont like talking about this” and quickly moved on. Afterwards, when im sure one of his campaign advisers pointed out his mistake he gave an interview to try and repair the damage done.

from what it seems, he quickly gave his opinion and is now trying to say whatever will get him some votes. if he responds expect him to dodge the question or make excuses for why he said it was a choice. I smell a rat.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2007 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2007-07-16

its all but final, im voting for Nader even if he doesnt run! or maybe i will write in Eugene Debs

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2007 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2007-06-01

The truth is I could not whole heartedly support any of them.  But any of them would be better than what we have now or what the republicans have offered up. 

In the primaries I tend to vote for those who

1) have a likely chance of winning the general election.
2) will do less harm than other choices.

The problem I have is that what politicians say to get elected, and what they do once elected, are not usually in sync.  I wish more philosophers considered political office.  At least I would understand better where they were really coming from.

Signature 

“Life is a Blur of Republicans and Meat” - Zippy

Posted: 13 September 2007 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Joined  2007-07-16

charles,

thats what i would do if I lived in a swing state. but i live in Texas. This state is voting Republican. So since I absolutely will not vote for them and they will win anyway, it doesnt matter who i vote for or if I vote at all.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2007 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2007-06-01

I think the biggest problem, for a thoughtful person, is that right wing voters tend not to be thoughtful.

It is easier for the republican party to corral votes than it is for the democrats.  As is demonstrated in this thread, we tend to consider our vote carefully.  If we had a win at all costs mentality, we would simply do what it takes to get a democrat elected rather than concern ourselves with the merits of the individual.

Signature 

“Life is a Blur of Republicans and Meat” - Zippy

Posted: 13 September 2007 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2007-07-19
Charles - 13 September 2007 01:00 PM

It is easier for the republican party to corral votes than it is for the democrats.

Lets put out an ad: cat hurders & jello nailers wanted.  cheese

Democrates are convinced bottom up.  Republicans are convinced top down.  Brainwashing a few is easier and more moral than brainwashing many, right?

Signature 

“It is the tension between creativity and skepticism that has produced the stunning and unexpected findings of science.” ~ Carl Sagan

3 of 6