3 of 3
Magnetic Therapy
Posted: 02 February 2008 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4809
Joined  2007-10-05

I have personally used a large magnet to eliminate infections in my throat on three occasions. On each occasion, the infection was gone within a week.

I had a cold in December. Really bad one. Had me in bed for two days feeling sorry for myself. On the third day I bought a bottle of tequila. Three days later the tequila was gone and so was my cold, therefore tequila cures the common cold. Or maybe the cold had run its course and my body fought off the germs. In any case, I enjoyed the tequila.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 02 February 2008 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14
fotobits - 02 February 2008 02:40 PM

I had a cold in December. Really bad one. Had me in bed for two days feeling sorry for myself. On the third day I bought a bottle of tequila. Three days later the tequila was gone and so was my cold, therefore tequila cures the common cold. Or maybe the cold had run its course and my body fought off the germs. In any case, I enjoyed the tequila.

LOL

Tequila’s better than magnets any day!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 19 June 2008 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-06-18

Since I just got out of Drug Addiction Treatment I’ve been leery of taken any type of pain meds.  Does magnetic therapy work on back pain too?

Posted: 19 June 2008 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  4080
Joined  2006-11-28

It doesn’t work on anything, as far as the Evidence is concerned. You’re better off with massage, physical therapy, a good stretching program for symptomatic relief.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 19 June 2008 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
mckenzievmd - 17 September 2007 08:06 PM

As for supplements effects try- L-tryophan (hundreds of people permanantly disabled with eosinophilic myalgia syndrome, ephedra killing people with strokes and heart attacks, aristolochic acid in Chinese herbs killing people with kdiney failure, etc. The scale is smaller because the industry is, and because many AM therapies don’t actually have any ingredients at all (e.g. homeopathic remedies), but they are by no means harmless

Please don’t neglect to mention adulterations which are known to be toxic such as Lead, Mercury, and Arsenic which have been found as additives (not just contaminants) in alternative medicines.

It is also frustrating to see patients who have entrusted their lives to purveyors of these ‘alternative medicines’ to attempt to cure something that can be healed more easily when treated at an earlier stage, that come to see us AFTER exhausting the alternative medication options, and then tell us that they have no faith in mainstream medication because (for instance) their treatable stage 2 cancer has now become an incurable stage 4 cancer and we can’t turn back the clock and perform miracles.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 June 2008 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  2188
Joined  2007-04-26

It seems as though magnets not only attract metal objects, but also gullible people grin

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 20 June 2008 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
macgyver - 20 June 2008 06:08 AM

It seems as though magnets not only attract metal objects, but also gullible people grin

hmmm. does anyone (of these gullible peoples) ask them selves why they are not healed by the natural magnetic forces of the earth’s poles, or why magnets you wear are good, and the ‘magnetic energy’ from power lines are ‘bad’? As far as I am aware, magnetic energy is magnetic energy is magnetic energy, differing only in strength (e.g. MRI vs dime store magnet).

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 21 June 2008 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03
asanta - 20 June 2008 11:10 AM
macgyver - 20 June 2008 06:08 AM

hmmm. does anyone (of these gullible peoples) ask them selves why they are not healed by the natural magnetic forces of the earth’s poles, or why magnets you wear are good, and the ‘magnetic energy’ from power lines are ‘bad’? As far as I am aware, magnetic energy is magnetic energy is magnetic energy, differing only in strength (e.g. MRI vs dime store magnet).

Interesting idea. Perhaps the sick should stand under high-voltage power lines? Or just drive a Prius! Nice strong electromagnetic field inside a Prius. You could heal during your daily commute.

Or, if electromagnetic fields are bad, we could all wear tin-foil hats.

Hmmm, do magnets kill or cure? I just can’t make up my mind.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 21 June 2008 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 21 June 2008 10:14 AM

Interesting idea. Perhaps the sick should stand under high-voltage power lines? Or just drive a Prius! Nice strong electromagnetic field inside a Prius. You could heal during your daily commute.

Or, if electromagnetic fields are bad, we could all wear tin-foil hats.

Hmmm, do magnets kill or cure? I just can’t make up my mind.

LOL  LOL  LOL  tongue rolleye yes! we have to stop those ‘killer rays’ from outer space too! ......and get out the word about all of the electric and hybrid cars! Stop using your cell phones and microwaves…...wait….unplug all of your electric appliances…..they are all killers! tongue laugh

Signature 

Posted: 21 June 2008 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03
fotobits - 02 February 2008 02:40 PM

I have personally used a large magnet to eliminate infections in my throat on three occasions. On each occasion, the infection was gone within a week.

I just love the tequila theory. Next time I’m under the weather, I’ll try some smooth, tasty liquor to knock out those blues.

In fact, I think I will put a magnet inside a tequila bottle, instead of a worm, and sell it as a miracle magnetized tonic. I will then throw some rumors online that the government has been trying to suppress my ancient underground miracle cure for ages, which will send idiots flocking to purchase it at exorbitant prices.

And of course, everyone who drinks the magnetic tequila will feel better and declare the product a success. Unless they drink too much and get a hangover, at which time I will announce that they had toxins in their body, and my product is simply expelling them. They will nod in agreement, purchase more, and continue recommending my miracle magnetic booze to their friends.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 21 June 2008 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 21 June 2008 12:21 PM

[I just love the tequila theory. Next time I’m under the weather, I’ll try some smooth, tasty liquor to knock out those blues.

a bowl of Double Rainbow Chocolate Ice Cream does the same for me——AND it has the added effect of REDUCING FEVER! I could sell it as an off label anti-pyretic!!!!

In fact, I think I will put a magnet inside a tequila bottle, instead of a worm, and sell it as a miracle magnetized tonic. I will then throw some rumors online that the government has been trying to suppress my ancient underground miracle cure for ages, which will send idiots flocking to purchase it at exorbitant prices.

And of course, everyone who drinks the magnetic tequila will feel better and declare the product a success. Unless they drink too much and get a hangover, at which time I will announce that they had toxins in their body, and my product is simply expelling them. They will nod in agreement, purchase more, and continue recommending my miracle magnetic booze to their friends.

And if I don’t have a fever, the tequila will obviously be the correct medication! wink

Signature 

3 of 3

‹‹ Chiropractors?      Anecdotal evidence ››