2 of 2
The teaching that Protestants go to hell?
Posted: 24 September 2007 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

There are Protestants who believe that if you have not been “saved” and turned your life over to the Lord, you will go to hell.  Now this process generally means going up to their alter, but they will accept another church’s alter if it is of their denomination OR a member of their church witnessed it another acceptable church.  rolleyes  Trust me, I know this one because of my relatives.  Now of course this maybe part of my relatives Evengelical Fundamentalist weirdness too, but even so, I seen this one before.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 September 2007 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2282
Joined  2007-07-05

This isn’t quite on topic.

The Vatican Rag

Another big news story of the year concerned the ecumenical council in Rome, known as Vatican II. Among the things they did, in an attempt to make the church more… commercial, was to introduce the vernacular into portions of the Mass to replace Latin, and to widen somewhat the range of music permissible in the liturgy. But I feel that if they really want to sell the product in this secular age, what they ought to do is to redo some of the liturgical music in popular song forms. I have a modest example here; it’s called The Vatican Rag!

LOL  LOL  LOL

psik

Edited for copyright. Click on the link or do a Google search to get Lehrer’s great song. dougsmith—Admin

[ Edited: 25 September 2007 07:48 AM by dougsmith ]
 Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

2 of 2