Henry Rollins
Posted: 12 October 2007 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2007-10-08

Not sure if anyone else here is a fan but saw his spoken word recently and was really impressed.  I’ve been a fan for awhile but it was the first time I saw him speak and he is just on. Uber On.  Its complete stream of consciousness- rage, humor- delivered well.  I’m sure has theme’s he hits on a regular basis but just the amount of words that come out of him per minute, I don’t think there is any way he could practice that.  If you get a chance see him speak.

Signature 

“We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.” Bill hicks

Posted: 01 November 2007 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-10-30

I like some of Henry Rollin’s “stuff”.  A friend who is a huge fan, exposed me to his music and spoken work material over a long period of time.  It took me a while but I like some of what he does.  As for the music “Come in and Burn” is a fantastic album!  I’ve also really enjoyed many of the shows broadcast on the Internet on IFC “The Henry Rollins Show”

Signature 

“Colorless green ideas sleep furiously” Noam Chomsky

Posted: 22 January 2008 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-01-22

I just saw his show Monday last week. He spoke, rapid-fire, for just over three hours. As you said, misfit of joy, total stream of consciousness. He apologized multiple times for running off on tangents, but I doubt anyone in the audience really cared as it was all entertaining.