Ubuntu 7.10
Posted: 18 October 2007 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2007-10-08

Just wondering if anyone else was running it yet?  I’m upgrading now.

Signature 

“We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.” Bill hicks

Posted: 18 October 2007 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-10-09

Not yet.  Sounds like a plan, though.

Posted: 19 October 2007 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2007-10-08

Just wanted to expand to scope of this a little bit. Linux ?‘s have better forums to geek over, but was curious if its something many of you use or think about? Do you think 7.10 could be the one to really start and turn the average PC user on to the world of open source?  There are many benefits to it but it requires learning and is that a deterrent in itself to the average person surfing the web?

Signature 

“We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.” Bill hicks

Posted: 20 October 2007 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-10-09

My only complaint about it is its lack of a mickey-mouse wireless internet utility.  (Did they fix this in 7.1?? )

I used to run knoppix on my old laptop, and I’d have to fiddle with the wireless for about 4 minutes every time I booted the thing up in order for it to work.  And, if it lost signal for any amount of time the whole system would lock up.  I haven’t gotten an Ubuntu distro to work with my Dell card yet.

I need to change my linux distro on here eventually, whether or not Ubuntu 7.10 can work with my wireless is just one of the concerns I have.  But, I am looking forward to trying it.