2 of 2
Love is Here
Posted: 31 October 2007 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7570
Joined  2007-03-02

Well, sometimes the two are extremes of the other and end up existing together.  ie- I love my sons, but I really hate what they do- sometimes.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 02 November 2007 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  4805
Joined  2007-10-05
morgantj - 31 October 2007 11:52 AM

Can one love, and then not possess hatred? Can they exist without each other? Is it possible to love everything? (which would have to even include loving to hate)

Why does one have to possess hatred to love? This isn’t physics, it is emotion. I love many people. Can’t think of anyone I hate. I do dislike some people (GW Shrub being one). If someone did something to deserve my hatred I am capable of the emotion, but fortunately for me I haven’t had that problem. So yes, I believe love and hatred can exist without each other. The world is not black and white, only shades of gray.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 02 November 2007 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

I have to agree with fotobits here.  And I think that a person can love everything, if they only feel such love.

Posted: 05 November 2007 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2007-08-21
fotobits - 02 November 2007 06:52 PM
morgantj - 31 October 2007 11:52 AM

Can one love, and then not possess hatred? Can they exist without each other? Is it possible to love everything? (which would have to even include loving to hate)

Why does one have to possess hatred to love? This isn’t physics, it is emotion. I love many people. Can’t think of anyone I hate. I do dislike some people (GW Shrub being one). If someone did something to deserve my hatred I am capable of the emotion, but fortunately for me I haven’t had that problem. So yes, I believe love and hatred can exist without each other. The world is not black and white, only shades of gray.

Gray indeed. Now, how can one possess light if there is no darkness to reveal light’s illumination?

[ Edited: 05 November 2007 11:47 AM by morgantj ]
 Signature 

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

2 of 2

‹‹ Dealing With Dying      The Venus Project ››