The Beekman
Posted: 12 November 2007 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

I had dinner with Richard Dawkins in an Irish pub Saturday night.

Anyway, yeah… All the group leaders who came to the Secular Society and Its Enemies conference in New York, New York got to have dinner with Richard Dawkins and tell him about how our groups were going and all that jazz. He said he’d start a thread on his Forums named after the pub we ate at (the food was not all that great, considering that he used a fifth of a shaker of pepper… I know… I’m weird… I noticed that… but my food honestly was not that good and I’m going off on a tangent so I better pull myself back on topic…) so that secular students could come and discuss, and he created it so…

http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=53

Thought y’all might like to know.

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED

Posted: 12 November 2007 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15358
Joined  2006-02-14

Sounds great—I had another engagement that night at the conference or I’d have loved to be there. Anyway I’m a bit beyond the “student” stage, but I’m sure I’d have enjoyed.

Any feedback on what Dawkins had to say?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 17 November 2007 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

He actually wanted to listen to what we had to say and asked questions about us and what we were doing. We took turns standing and telling him about what we were doing on our campuses and jazz. I’m pretty sure he admires me because I’m fourteen. :D

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED