Do we need a new UFO probe?
Posted: 14 November 2007 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Or should we just leave the probing to the aliens?

Anyway check HERE:

Former pilots, officials call for UFO probe
Tue Nov 13, 9:57 AM ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich may have been ridiculed for saying he had seen a UFO, but for some former military pilots and other observers, unidentified flying objects are no laughing matter. ...

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 14 November 2007 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

The link didn’t work for me.  I think this one will do it HERE

I agree about leaving the probing to aliens.  Especially if they are the hot Latina type.  Strictly on consensual terms of course.  cheese

Unless, of course, there is some darned good motivation behind the inquiry.  How much money do they want to spend on this?  Should we probe the heavens for signs of a deity as well?

Posted: 18 November 2007 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

I do not think the American government would ever tell us the truth about UFOs and/or aliens.  They are so tuned to Christian history that locating life on another planet would screw up their Intelligent Design.  My husband was a Physics Professor at Caltech and became interested in why the government was so determined to keep us in the dark about the subject.  We had a friend who worked at Palomar who had written up some information on what he observed and was sent running for a new job.  We joined a group called APRO and we were given instructions on how to take the data from sightings and send this off to Dr. Hayek in New Mexico or someplace like that.  This was in the 1960s and my husband began to fade out of interest in UFOs and me.  He too wandered off. 

I maintained an interest in the subject but had to be careful not to influence my kids who were in a small Christian school and the subject would have gotten them in trouble.  As it was, my youngest was writing a report on Ecuador and could not even mention evolution or Darwin.  We did not stay there long.  Every once in a while the History channel interviews some old timers who seem to be credible but then Michael Shermer pops in to set us straight.  I love Shermer and respect his point of view but I would love to see some more research done on this subject. 

Last night on the Science Channel they had a comet night with many discussing the possibility that the comets who have run into our solar system might have added the stuff needed for our human development.  I love this stuff!

Posted: 18 November 2007 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Sandy, probably the best researcher into the UFO phenomenon was the late Philip Klass, who chaired the UFO subcommittee of CSICOP for many years. Many of his essays are available online, for example at The Klass Files website, or on the list of online articles from SI.

There is also a new book review online from the Sept/Oct 07 issue of SI, HERE.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 18 November 2007 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

Thank you Doug.  I will take a look around when I get home this afternoon.

Posted: 18 November 2007 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Actually, after a quick look at the list of online SI articles, I can only find one by Klass ... I’m sure there are more (he wrote a BUNCH for SI), but either I’m overlooking them or they’re not online. Anyway there’s a lot over on The Klass Files ...

Signature 

Doug