Polygamist Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
Posted: 21 November 2007 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

ST. GEORGE, Utah, Nov. 20 — The polygamous leader of a fundamentalist Mormon sect was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years to life in prison for forcing a 14-year-old girl to “spiritually” marry her 19-year-old cousin and commanding the naïve bride to submit to sexual relations against her will.

Found HERE

Posted: 21 November 2007 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Since, in his news photo, he seemed rather frail, I think he may be in for ten years of experiencing what she did, also against his will.

Occam

Posted: 26 November 2007 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-11-25

I was so glad to hear about this. Some of the followers of this group are unfortunately located up here in BC, Canada, in a small town called Bountiful. There are occasionally articles about them in the paper, but the government/police never seem to do anything about it. It infuriates me that people like that are hiding up here.

Posted: 27 November 2007 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

Just 10 years?  Even though he had sex with a minor and against her will at that.  Seems to me there was some statutory rape that happened too.  In which case the man should be locked and up and the key thrown away.  Of course, he won’t survive even 10 years, traveller, those guys don’t like child molesters and don’t care what the State laws are concerning the death sentence.  If a molester is locked up for life, it’s a death sentence.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 27 November 2007 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I’m not going to bother looking this up, but as I recall, although he almost certainly had engaged in that, the offense for which hew was convicted was mainly because he forced a young girl to marry and have sex with another of his followers.  I guess they don’t consider that as heinous as performing the act itself.

Occam

Posted: 27 November 2007 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

Sounds just as bad to me.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report