2 of 2
Chinese Traditional Medicine
Posted: 22 September 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

[quote author=“TomJgoing to the bathroom several times during the night, and often during the daytime.
treatment:
After taking my pulse,chinese-style, doctor wrote out a prescription. I took the prescription to the dispensery and was told to return the next day with a large bag.

Asking as a registered nurse; WHAT THE HECK DOES YOUR PULSE HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR FREQUENT URINATION?? That right there is a HUGE red flag the size of the great wall of China, as to the implausibility of the treatment. I DOCTOR would do a full physical, and pay extra attention the affected system which is NOT the ‘pulse’ and it doesn’t matter HOW in the heck he ‘took’ it!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-08-27

You cant really trust chinese meds you have to really know what are its ingredients before taking them.

Posted: 23 September 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

And you have to have the medical and pharaceutical expertise to know what the immediate and long term effects of each of those ingredients separately and together may have.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 23 September 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2220
Joined  2007-04-26
asanta - 22 September 2012 12:38 AM

[quote author=“TomJgoing to the bathroom several times during the night, and often during the daytime.
treatment:
After taking my pulse,chinese-style, doctor wrote out a prescription. I took the prescription to the dispensery and was told to return the next day with a large bag.

Asking as a registered nurse; WHAT THE HECK DOES YOUR PULSE HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR FREQUENT URINATION?? That right there is a HUGE red flag the size of the great wall of China, as to the implausibility of the treatment. I DOCTOR would do a full physical, and pay extra attention the affected system which is NOT the ‘pulse’ and it doesn’t matter HOW in the heck he ‘took’ it!

I found that a bit amusing myself asanta. I just assumed the doctor was taking the pulse of his Life Force rather than the mundane pulse that you and i often use which is created by the beating heart and should be more or less the same no matter where or how you take it on the body.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 23 September 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Is that “Life Force” what we normally refer to as 98.6 degrees F.?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 September 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-08-27

Theres always an explanation in the reals of the chinese, even pulse and urination..

Posted: 29 September 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Jennifer Stallone - 24 September 2012 09:47 AM

Theres always an explanation in the reals of the chinese, even pulse and urination..

....and that explanation is???????

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 30 September 2012 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  4097
Joined  2006-11-28

....and that explanation is???????

mythological.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

2 of 2