Walking With Dinosaurs live show!
Posted: 09 December 2007 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-12-03

http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

I took my kids to see this show at the Alltell Center in Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A. last month. It is absolutely THE coolest thing I have ever seen. I have been fascinated with dinosaurs since I was a very young, and this show brought back some of that magic from my early childhood.

It is a live show production based on the BBC series Walking With Dinosaurs. It was difficult to judge, but most of the animatronic (I think that’s the correct word) dinosaurs appeared to be close to scale size.

I had two very pleasing observations during and after the show. First, my son and daughter were absolutely amazed, and I love seeing them become interested in anything scientific. Second, I was expecting to hear someone in the audience telling their children that the host of the show was incorrect, and that dinosaurs really only lived 6000 years ago; surprisingly (and refreshingly), I didn’t hear that at all.

The audience seemed to be fairly educated about the dinosaurs. I think it’s a good sign when 6 and 7 year old children in the audience can tell the difference between a Torosaur and a Triceratops, or a Brachiosaur and a Diplodocus.

If you have the opportunity, do check out this show. The merchandise is pricey, but the show is worth every penny.

Signature 

“How does a scientist know what’s true? Well, all facts begin as dreams, dreamt by a wizard. If the wizard crosses the path of a scorned widow, then he shares it at the town council. Now it is a hypothesis, and it is time to drown the wizard. If he floats, he is an evil wizard, and must be burned alive. If he drowns, then the hypothesis is true! The king is told, and he consults with his menagerie of birds. If the king is satisfied, then it becomes an old-wives tale and science is advanced.”

Posted: 10 December 2007 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

Yeah, I saw this show awhile back ... a bit cheesy for my taste, but I think should be fun for kids.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 December 2007 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-12-23

This show is good for a weekend with the kids. They will surely be happy when they will come and see the show about dinosaurs plus it is educational.

Posted: 24 December 2007 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

Like that opening they have on their site. T-Rex’s eyes follows your cursor.  LOL  Sadly though it doesn’t look as though they will be coming anywhere near here anytime soon.  :(

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

‹‹ Solstice carols      Pascal’s Wager ››