3 of 23
Inside Job—9/11 Truth and other 9/11 Discussion (Merged)
Posted: 14 December 2007 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2007-05-20

It doesn’t matter what my politics are, but I’m a liberal democrat voting for Obama.  I can find all sorts of reasons to hate Dick Cheney, including the present war in Iraq that is costing us millions of dollars and innocent lives, without subscribing to a conspiracy theory that is ill-conceived and illogical.  It’s an extremely false dichotomy to say that you either believe that the Bush administration orchestrated 9/11 or you support Dick Cheney.

Cheney and his pals haven’t been able to hide the smallest scandal.  It’s amazing that they’ve been able to avoid impeachment for this long.  I am all in favor of keeping this administration in check, but there is one thing that is clear- they are too patriotic and idealistic to plan an attack on their own defense HQ and two skyscrapers filled with people.  Such an accusation requires strong evidence (any evidence), and it actually detracts from the real problems they’ve caused. 

Now Kucinich looks like a fruitloop pushing for impeachment because he’s being lumped in with extreme left liberals who believe the government was in on 9/11.  I’m surprised Fox News isn’t giddily blasting away at the “liberal” conspiracy jokers interrupting Bill Maher and Bill Clinton; actually, they probably are doing just that, but I don’t get cable any more.  But, that’s my point.  Now, when Cheney and friends actually do something corrupt, people can’t protest without looking like they are a mouth-foaming truther.

Posted: 14 December 2007 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08
ticktock - 14 December 2007 09:57 AM

Cheney and his pals haven’t been able to hide the smallest scandal.

True, but they haven’t been held responsible for them either—as you indicate.  It seems like war profiteering—especially when you’re the one who orchestrated the war—ought to be one of the gravest offenses there can be.  But, like I said before, it is not in my nature to belabor this conspiritorial junk.  So this seems like as good a place as any to call a truce.

Posted: 16 December 2007 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-16

I just stumbled across this website from a google search.  All I can say is just in the short time I scanned through some of the posts it’s that it’s the most condescending, childish, ignorant, one-sided, biased forum I’ve ever come across.  Just in this thread alone we have all kinds of crap.  Let’s point it out ignorance, hypocrisy and offensive stuff.

* Mentioning the Chupacabra, Bigfoot, and the Lockness monster as if they’re silly made up fantasies.  (Chupacabra) If that’s not real then Puerto Ricans are liars, including those who themselves didn’t believe in it until they saw it such as the chief of police there that gave a very good description of it.  That means that people are killing their own animals and blaming it on a fake unknown animal for no reason at all.  Yeah, that’s believable.

* Bigfoot.  This falls into unknown wildmen catagory.  There are many in the scientific community that actually study the evidence and believe in these living ape-like wildmen.  They include anthropologists, police forensics, museum curators, and so on.  Some are first hand eye witnesses.  One of the latest I saw was a woman zoologist who saw an Orang Pendek walk out into an opening a few dozen feet away from her and she stood there in near disbelief.  They leave footprints and hair, have been seen by military helicopters, and were known about by the Indians long before the white men got here, and we may even have a real film of one.  But apparently all these people are liars and so are those the world over who see similar things.  Chinese scientists are wasting their time looking for the Yeren and Almus too, because they’re deluded idiots who probably also believe in unicorns.

* Lockness monster.  You’d think that after those idiots at Skeptical Inquirer finally gave in and admitted to the validity of the lake Champlain monster, that finally it would give more credibility to the fact that all people aren’t lying about seeing lake monsters.  After all, according to the ignorant and irrational sceptics the lake Champlain monster was a fictitious made up creature that couldn’t possibly exist for all kinds of childish reasons.  That was until a woman snapped a photo of it, so it became kind of hard to deny.  But I guess the photo is just swamp gas, the planet Venus or a whether balloon, the typical atheist explanations for anything they don’t understand.  I guess those SI guys believe in mythological monsters that liars make up too, so at least now we have proof they’ve lost all credibility in the denial community.

* Childish demeaning comments about God and Ghosts.  Unless you’ve been living with your head up your ass your entire life there is no reason to be clueless as to all the phenomena that prove the existence of God including people (and also ex-atheists) who have encountered God after clinically dying.  There’s nothing more satisfying that seeing an atheist talk about God and dropping his atheistic denial of everything.  Past life memories contain information that can be verified and checked so there is no way all of them can be liars.  Even atheist Carl Sagan said they deserved further study.  Alfred Wallace, Darwin’s coauthor described his first hand account of seeing a man produce a ghost-like female figure out of his own body only feet away in broad daylight.  He even started a movement to get the supernatural to be studied seriously.  But I guess all these people are liars, including one of the inventors of Natural Selection.  Even Darwin himself mentioned God as being the initial spark, so I guess he’s a total moronic religious idiot.  And with Wallace saying that a higher intelligence has guided the develop of man, we can now write off Darwinian evolution as religious nutcase theology.  Hypocrites.

* JFK conspiracy.  It has nothing to do with people wanting to believe that JFK is so great how could a lone gunman alone kill him.  Jeez.  Idiotic.  This just shows that the facts surrounding it are of little concern to some.  Their were eye witnesses (something skeptics call liars) who heard shots come from elsewhere and saw another person.  The govt didn’t want to hear their accounts which tells you right there that’s something isn’t right.  There’s an unaccounted for bullet, the wounds to Kennedy’s head didn’t match the lone gunman theory, our own govt even has two official reports concerning the incident, one of those indicating that there was probably a second gunman.  One in depth documentary traced it all the back to a hired French assassination team to one of the guys involved.  Ignorance of the details is the problem.  But I guess it’s easier to call all people involved liars and make up fake motives for why people come up with conspiracy theories.

* 9/11.  I thought the 911 conspiracy theories were BS too, mostly because I kept hearing totally idiotic things and other things that were easily explained away.  Also many of them came from sloppy sources and punks who just hate our govt.  But I decided to learn about it and there are a number of things that point to there being forehand knowledge of the event and some involvement by out govt on some level.  There are building engineers and others of high knowledge that also agree that those buildings didn’t come down just by themselves.  But over here we get childish comments about our inept govt couldn’t pull it off because Bush is an idiot.  Nobody ever said Bush planned it.  The Popular Science guys didn’t address any of the hard evidence.  There’s still a bunch of unanswered questions.  But it’s typical of those here to think if you can explain away some of them, that you’ve explained away all of them.  But I guess we should just come to a conclusion without putting in the time and learning about the facts and evidence.

* SI.  I can’t believe people actually are mentioning this rag as a source of info.  Maybe you should go to Answers In Genesis for info about evolution.  There’s a long history of these SI guys coming onto TV shows a lying and fabricating fake stories.  Anybody who has to lie to support his view does so because his view is wrong.  But it goes to show you, you people only read what reinforces your preconceived views, and so you never learn.

So it appears that the biased view that this board runs on is that all Puerto Ricans are liars, all scientists who have seen any unknown creatures are liars, the inventors of natural selection are liars, all eye witnesses to JFK’s murder are liars, all who have seen - recorded and filmed ghosts are liars, all the millions including atheists who have had NDE’s are liars, Carl Sagan is a liar, and all the millions who have experienced supernatural phenomenon including skeptical scientists who have, are liars.

I’d have to say that if you think your made up denial system is true and that the rest of the world are liars, then you’ve got it wrong.  I just can’t understand the purpose of a board like this, which seems rotten from the top down.  You can tell by people’s tone that they aren’t here to learn, but to rip down anything they know nothing about.

[ Edited: 16 December 2007 01:56 AM by Smoking Mirror ]

Posted: 16 December 2007 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  895
Joined  2007-05-09

<>

[ Edited: 31 January 2008 06:37 AM by zarcus ]

Posted: 16 December 2007 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Yep, that’s a post for the ages.

LOL

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 16 December 2007 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Yes, Puerto Ricans are all horrible liars. This, and only this, is the sole reason I’ve joined this website.

Posted: 17 December 2007 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2006-04-03

Oh, George, you limit yourself!

I came for the Skep. Inq. liars.  How they fabricate everything.  Curse that Joe Nickell!!  What a master manipulator!  And who knew that the Champy monster was confirmed?  I didn’t.  Boy am I out of touch.  Got to get my head out of my ass.

Thank goodness for Smoking Mirror’s intrepid googling.  He is truly saving us from ourselves.

Posted: 17 December 2007 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

Holy @#$%^&*(!!!

That means that Jesus really is god incarnate.  I’ve been so wrong to doubt over the years.  Hell is sure gonna suck.  It’s supposed to be really hot there.

LOL  LOL  LOL

Posted: 17 December 2007 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-12-14
zarcus - 13 December 2007 06:20 AM

Michael Shermer likes to point out that many who believe that the administration could pull off this conspiracy with such precision and stealth also think this administration is completely inept.

That was my observation and I agree with Michael Shermer.

erasmusinfinity - 17 December 2007 11:08 AM

Hell is sure gonna suck.  It’s supposed to be really hot there.

I know you are being sarcastic, but I find it funny that you condition Jesus being God incarnate with Hell being real.

[ Edited: 17 December 2007 11:58 AM by Craig_SOtW ]

Posted: 18 December 2007 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2006-11-29
lil - 12 December 2007 09:50 AM

I have a new project I alluded to in an earlier post…I know many of you here do not believe 911 was an inside job or that the US Gov was responsible.

What I ask is this. IF any of you at the very least believe we have not been told the truth about what really happened on 911 that you please register here http://www.unitedfor911truth

I do not expect anyone to participate in the forums as we all have our home forums and groups…all I ask is that if you are in any way a 911 Truther that you register and post a brief 3 or 4 sentence bio in the forum for your state or country…

If there is a forum here that I haven’t seen that expressly deals with the events of 911 I would be happy to link it.

This project is new. There is very little activity so don’t let that turn ya off…when all is said and done we will have more than a million Truthers registered.

Thank you in advance to those that take the time.

The entire skeptical and scientific community rejects the claims of the 9/11 Truth movement, and they’ve long been debunked.  Go to my site below and read the refutation sources:

http://guelphskeptics.org/?p=18

Signature 

Skeptics’ Guide Podcast

Posted: 18 December 2007 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21
Craig_SOtW - 17 December 2007 11:55 AM

I know you are being sarcastic, but I find it funny that you condition Jesus being God incarnate with Hell being real.

Fair enough.  I find it absurd that you find either of those two points to be distinguishable as any less ridiculous than the other.

Posted: 18 December 2007 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05

The entire skeptical and scientific community rejects the claims of the 9/11 Truth movement, and they’ve long been debunked.

Actually to me there seems to be a lot of silence from the scientific community.  There are the “official scientific” supporters who don’t mention something as simple as the tons of steel on the impact floors but I see nothing like wide scientific support.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 18 December 2007 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2006-04-03

Actually to me there seems to be a lot of silence from the scientific community. 

No, the experts refuted the delusions of the Truthers and then didn’t have to say anything else.  The refutation is made.  But like those who continue to belief in Bigfoot and Homeopathy (like our new friend, above grin ) they won’t take the answer for the answer.

The debate is over.  Sorry.  Not steel, aluminum.  WTC7 fell b/c it was damaged from debris of the towers.  And all the other allegedly “unexplained” things have the same prosaic answers.

Posted: 18 December 2007 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-03-11

Correlation does not always equal causation.
The bulidings fell similar to those domestically fell by demolition crews therefore they were fell by demolition as well. That’s a non seq. How else would science expect buildings to fall from being hit by a jet airplane full of fuel? Everybody’s a civil engineer all of a sudden.

Not to metnion the risk of a leak and the damning of the Republican Party. There’s too much antecedent evidence for al qaeda attacks as well.

Posted: 18 December 2007 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05

Here is an expert for you:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/cons-flash.html

The World Trade Center was 70% air.

ROFLMAO

He admits the steel was thicher at the bottom but says 1 1/2 inches.

Do some research, it was FOUR INCHES.

Science means UNDERSTANDING THINGS YOURSELF not trusting experts.

Don’t you think they had to figure out how much steel and concrete to put on every level of a 110 story skyscraper before they stared digging the hole for the foundation?  How many times have you heard the tons of steel mentioned on the impact floors in the last SIX YEARS.  A Center for Inquiry that doesn’t inquire for themselves is pretty funny.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

3 of 23

‹‹ Eveyone a humanist?      Your Work and You ››