2 of 2
Why is Occam a moderator?
Posted: 02 May 2008 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2008-02-27

I’ve never seen an unreasonable post from Occam.  I’ve never seen him go personal on someone or be unduly harsh when someone made an intelligent and/or well reasoned point.

With your educational background, you should have no problem defending your positions and if someone is attacking you personally, it’s an opportunity to point out that your opposition is ducking the issue.

[ Edited: 02 May 2008 11:13 AM by JRM5001 ]

Posted: 02 May 2008 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  9280
Joined  2006-08-29

I miss Occam. downer

Posted: 02 May 2008 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

Me too.  :-(

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 May 2008 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25

Mriana, I was hoping you’d know anything about the reason for his absence.

Posted: 03 May 2008 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

I know, but I don’t feel I’m at liberty to discuss it.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 May 2008 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2008-05-03

I don’t mean to be bumping into a conversation about a topic I know nothing about, but if you look at Occam’s profile, you’ll see he’s been lurking around the edges as recently as today.

It would seem a shame for one short-fused neophyte participant to chase away a seasoned and informed moderator.

Signature 

People often argue over the term “god” without defining it. It is almost as if they are using the same term to refer both to a penguin and to a quiche. While both may contain eggs, that’s hardly their most salient characteristic.

Posted: 04 May 2008 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25
NH Baritone - 03 May 2008 08:46 PM

I don’t mean to be bumping into a conversation about a topic I know nothing about, but if you look at Occam’s profile, you’ll see he’s been lurking around the edges as recently as today.

It would seem a shame for one short-fused neophyte participant to chase away a seasoned and informed moderator.

You’re right, I didn’t think about that wink . Thank you and I don’t think it’s this person that got him off. I think he maybe is really busy moderating different (s) forum(s) as things get hectic here and there. I really hope he’ll come back soon though .

@ Mriana, I understand and thanks for answering.

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  323
Joined  2009-02-18

The thread lives!

OK, Occam has given me an intellectual spanking a time or two, but I guess I deserved it. Maybe I even liked it.

I’m kinda disturbed by that last remark…

Anyway, nothing wrong with Occam…someone has to ride herd around here. I really hate those un-moderated or under-moderated forums where personal flames and profanity abound.

I gotta go now because my butt hurts.

2 of 2