Pastor Calls Shootings ‘Test’ for His Church
Posted: 17 December 2007 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

COLORADO SPRINGS (AP) — The leader of a megachurch where a gunman opened fire a week ago, killing two teenage sisters and wounding three other people, said Sunday that the congregation’s trials the past couple of years were tests.

via The New York Times HERE

Posted: 17 December 2007 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Gee, I’m glad that when I was in school, none of my instructors gave that kind of test.  Good ol’ god, when he wants to test some people (I’m not sure what he/she/it is testing) just kill a couple of teen-age girls.  What’s this about a “merciful god”?

Occam

Posted: 17 December 2007 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4840
Joined  2007-10-05

The most interesting test was Hurricane Katrina, which destroyed many churches in New Orleans and spared the French Quarter. Maybe God likes to party. Gives a whole new new meaning to those Catholic beads.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 18 December 2007 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

The same thing happened in a midwest town a few months ago.  A tornado went through the town, destroyed nine churches, but left the bar standing.  You’d think those people would get the hint and build more bars rather than rebulding the churches.  LOL

Occam