RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2007-06-19

From here
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/3468/P15/#30839

inthegobi - 04 January 2008 07:03 AM
Barto - 03 January 2008 11:11 AM
inthegobi - 03 January 2008 07:52 AM

Eccentric-orb theory is a very interesting stage in the history of science, because they’re unobservable entites like quarks or gravitic force, and because eccentrics violate the accepted physics of its day.

Kirk, a little off topic (maybe we could start a thread in this subject if you have a position) but you’d bet that the delayed publications of Gravity Probe B result is due to the lack of positive results?.

I haven’t been following that twist. I doubt the data is being delayed because it conflicts with quantum mechanics. I’m rather an anti-conspiracy theorist! “Three can keep a secret, if two are dead.” (Benjamin Franklin). Got a link that’s interesting you? Let’s see it in the science forum.

kirk

I was being (trying to be) sarcastic… sorry if you feel that I attribute a conspiranoic position to you.

GP-B

Gravity Probe B is a probe aimed to proof the einstein theory about the gravity, not about the quantum gravity. Basically, it is a satellite equiped with a set of very precise gyroscopes which should be affected in his spin by the gravity field of the earth in two ways: the deformation of the space-time surrounding the earth caused by its own mass, and the effect of dragging caused by the rotating earth in the spacetime.

Originally, they announced the final result for april 2007 and in december 2007 they publish a brief saying that they were able to meassure the dragging effect with a error level of 30% and they said that they will need another size month to publish the final results.

Posted: 04 January 2008 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  542
Joined  2007-09-29
[quote author=“Barto” date=“1199487831”

Here’s the link to the Gravity Probe B:
http://einstein.stanford.edu/

It will take some reading.

Ah Barto, as an anti-conspiracy theorist, i’m scared of conspiracy-theories like some naturalists are afraid of (beliefs about) ghosts! So no fault with you.

Kirk

Posted: 04 January 2008 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4052
Joined  2006-11-28

i’m scared of conspiracy-theories like some naturalists are afraid of (beliefs about) ghosts!

Not afraid, just not convinced.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 04 January 2008 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

What Brennen said.

Agree with you about the anti-conspiracy theories though. Too prolific.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 06 January 2008 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2007-06-19
inthegobi - 04 January 2008 09:05 PM

Ah Barto, as an anti-conspiracy theorist, i’m scared of conspiracy-theories like some naturalists are afraid of (beliefs about) ghosts! So no fault with you.

I’d say that there were some well documented conspiracies in our world but never a well documented ghost. grin