1 of 2
Huckabee and “God’s Standards”
Posted: 15 January 2008 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Mike Huckabee:

[W]hat we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards rather than try to change God’s standards.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 15 January 2008 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2007-07-19

The fact that Iowa picked Huckabee as their #1 Republican should be motivation enough for me to move.

Signature 

“It is the tension between creativity and skepticism that has produced the stunning and unexpected findings of science.” ~ Carl Sagan

Posted: 15 January 2008 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I’m always amazed that these people first say that god is omniscient, and supremely intelligent, that we are mere bugs compared to him, that we can never understand his motivations when a catastrophe happens, however, they all suddenly claim to know “god’s standards” and what god wants.

Occam

Posted: 15 January 2008 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4865
Joined  2007-10-05

I sincerely hope this is a sign of the Republican Party’s implosion that I predicted when Shrub won the 2004 election. If Huckabee is the Republican presidential candidate the Democratic Party will have a field day with his religious extremism, assuming John Kerry doesn’t somehow win the Dem’s nomination.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 15 January 2008 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

The man scares me.  I do hope he doesn’t get into office so he can in act his theocracy.  IMHO, he’d be a religious dictator who will start a modern day Darkage and Inquisition.  That may sound a bit strong and paranoid, but he does scare me that much, esp if he were to get into office.  :(

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 16 January 2008 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

After the past seven years I doubt any Republican can win the presidency this year, but you can never tell. If Huckabee does manage to get in the White House it may have a galvanizing effect on secular society fighting his proposals. We cannot afford that. We need a president who will build coalitions of people across all spectra to dig our way out of the mess the GW Bush administration created, as well as finding solutions to the double-whammy threats of Global Warming and Peak Oil. We’ve squandered six precious years on a fool’s errand in Iraq, and cannot afford another Republican in power.

Mitt Romney won in Michigan, so that gives us three Republican winners in three states so far. If this keeps up the Repubs will have no clear front runner heading into their convention. I might watch that one on television just to see a major national political party civil war.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 16 January 2008 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I got them confused.  It’s Mitt Romney who actually scares me and unfortunately, he got Michigan.  Either one is just as bad though.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 16 January 2008 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 16 January 2008 06:41 AM

I got them confused.  It’s Mitt Romney who actually scares me and unfortunately, he got Michigan.  Either one is just as bad though.

How about having one for a president and the other as a vice-president? wink

Posted: 16 January 2008 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Now that would be a nightmere!  :shock:

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 16 January 2008 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-01-07
George - 16 January 2008 06:48 AM

How about having one for a president and the other as a vice-president? wink

If Huckabee is Vice-President and something happens to the President, we’d better be ready for Armageddon.

Posted: 16 January 2008 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Don’t remind me of his frightening insanity.  rolleyes

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 16 January 2008 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21
retrospy - 15 January 2008 03:01 PM

The fact that Iowa picked Huckabee as their #1 Republican should be motivation enough for me to move.

Don’t move retrospy.  That’s what they want you to do.  The fact that Iowa has people with views like yours about the matter gives people like me, on the east coast, a breath of hope.  wink

Posted: 17 January 2008 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2007-06-19
Occam - 15 January 2008 07:53 PM

I’m always amazed that these people first say that god is omniscient, and supremely intelligent, that we are mere bugs compared to him, that we can never understand his motivations when a catastrophe happens, however, they all suddenly claim to know “god’s standards” and what god wants.

Very good point. Suddenly they all start to understand god’s will perfectly when they have to write the laws and they can take benefits from that, but they are almost agnostics when they have to explain the evil in world that god could had avoid. Broges once said that the notion of a entity omnipotent, omniscient and infinitely loving goes to hell when you have a toothache pain.

What are the chances of this crank to become the US’s president? (nedless to say that the views and ideas of the US’s president have a strong impact on the rest of the world)

Posted: 17 January 2008 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Barto - 17 January 2008 07:24 AM

What are the chances of this crank to become the US’s president? (nedless to say that the views and ideas of the US’s president have a strong impact on the rest of the world)

Well, he’s basically one of the five or six finalists. I think the Republicans are starting off underdogs in this race because Bush is quite unpopular now, but certainly he has a shot at it.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 17 January 2008 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

From The Onion Network News, “Mitt Romney Defends Himself Against Allegations of Tolerance.”

Video

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2008 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

So what is the problem with him having a tolerance for homosexual?  I don’t get why that is a problem. Why is this a big news thing?

Signature 

Mriana

1 of 2