3 of 4
Risperdal-induced Non-stop Persistent Eyelid-twitching - My Experience of Eventually Get It Totally Cured By Acupuncture
Posted: 03 April 2008 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

I wouldn’t rely on that knowledgeofhealth website, NC. It’s filled with quack statements on nutrition and drugs. E.g., vitamin C deficiency “Affects 100% of non-supplementing adults”. Vitamin D deficiency “Affects people living in northern latitudes or sun-phobic individuals (cease using sunscreens)”. Cease using sunscreens? I have no idea who this guy Bill Sardi is, but he’s not a doctor and clearly has no knowledge about the topics of his website.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 April 2008 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-01-20

Doug

Please try to understand that the one very key and single point that I am trying to make is that such Tardive Dyskinesia syndrome would tend to inflict a far greater harm upon the young children compared to the grown adults in a far obvious way and it is definitely an accomplished medical fact that is almost beyond any reasonable doubt.

By adding the related website to the previous message, I merely want to point out to the intended readers some examples of such related medications that are quite often prescribed to the young children for the treatment of related sicknesses, especially in a negligent way in my home country which is not so modern and developed.

Please try to be more considerate and thoughtful for the medical welfare of these pitiful children on humanitarian ground.

Posted: 04 April 2008 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
NC - 03 April 2008 07:13 PM

Please try to be more considerate and thoughtful for the medical welfare of these pitiful children on humanitarian ground.

The most thoughtful and considerate we can be to children is to direct them to credible medical professionals and away from quackery.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 04 April 2008 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

3 pages of this non-sense?  Children and Risperdal?  In all honesty, both my sons have taken it with no ill affects.  I’m really not sure why this has gone on for 3 pages.  Such side affects are very low in BOTH children and adults.  I hardly think it’s necessary to scare people unnecessarily.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 04 April 2008 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

That is indeed a very good and ideal suggestion that applies most appropriately especially to the U.S and other modern and developed European nations. Unfortunately, if you were to do some research on your own, the so-called ‘credible medical professionals’  with the right informed medical knowledge especially about Tardive Dyskinesia syndrome, are actually available only very scarcely in certain expensive private medical centres in most of the nations that are not so modern and developed.

And that was the reason why I ended up paying a prohibitive cost of 5000 dollars, rather than a far lower price as told by most Americans, for each Botox injection treatment.  And please be informed that insurance coverage hardly works effectively in these medical institutions.

I am in fact really lucky to be financially resourceful enough to access the necessary channels to at least know what has happened to me medically. Unfortunately, the other less well-to-do people, especially the small and innocent children coming from the poor and needy families in my home country as well as other nations that are not as modern and developed, can only keep on suffering helplessly and ignorantly as well as silently in deep sorrows together with their parents for these so-called ‘undiagnosed conditions’ as diagnosed by those normal licensed medical personnel.

And Mriana, I would really appreciate if you could just be more conscionable in making your comments as it would be rather discrediting to make such irresponsible and sarcastic remarks that concern the welfare of the innocent children. And please just have a heart to spare a thought for the next younger generation.

[ Edited: 04 April 2008 05:43 AM by NC ]

Posted: 04 April 2008 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I wasn’t being sarcastic. I was giving my honest opinion.  Tardive Dyskinesia is a rare side affect and affects very few people who take the drug.  IMHO, what you are saying is an over-exaggeration and just scaring people unnecessarily.  What is irresponsible is making remarks to scare people and THAT needs to be discredited.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 04 April 2008 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

Then I would suggest you to make a more conclusive research for further verifications of what I have said before making such refutations.

Posted: 04 April 2008 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I have worked in the field and not seen one case of Tardive Dyskinesia- not even associated with Resperdal and as I said my sons took it too.  I keep an updated Rx book on hand as well as went with the info I had at work to rely on also.  I can honestly say, what you are doing is an attempt to scare people unnecessarily.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 04 April 2008 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

Have you really made the necessary research that I have suggested before making such an opinion that is based purely on your limited personal experience ?

Ignorance may be a bliss, but is definitely not a reason to bluntly deny the pains and sufferings of other less-fortunate people just because you have never seen or heard the cries from them.

Posted: 04 April 2008 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

NC, I did my thesis paper on ETC (Electric Shock therapy). Now that DOES do damage to the brain and in many case irrepairable damage.  This is not to say I have no studied what medications do to the brain.  I have because it was part of my neuro-psych studies.  So, yes.  I have done the research and I do keep up on it too.  Like I said, it is a rare side effect.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 04 April 2008 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-10-21

OK. First. Risperdone is an atypical antipsychotic. It really doesn’t cause Tardive-Dyskensia. Out of all the atypicals, there is a 0.5 percent chance of getting TD in the first year of use (2.5% with the elderly). Of those who do develop TD, only a very small handful suffer irreversible damage (the VAST majority of those on older APs on or AAPs go back to normal when they stop using the medication).

Second, Risperdone can cause a parkinson’s like condition, and can cause Tardive-Dystonia

Third, many drugs can cause either TD pathology, and separating the various dystonia’s is difficult.

Fourth, The elderly, not the young, are most prone to TD.

And finally, it’s the long-term use of APs and AAPs that can cause or increases the chance or severity of the problem. APs and AAPs shouldn’t be used in the long-term, although, they are often prescribed that way. These classes of drugs work well with acute onset, solve the problem and can be discontinued with PROPER monitoring.

Posted: 04 April 2008 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Yes.  Goodthink, you have it accurate.  Like I said, the risk of TD is rare.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 12 April 2008 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

The Placebo effect hard at work.
(Ibeleive…..I believe…....I believe!)

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 15 April 2008 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-20

‘Like I said, it is a rare side effect.’

‘These classes of drugs work well with acute onset, solve the problem and can be discontinued with PROPER monitoring. ‘

First of all, why I keep on making these pleas for more kind attentions and concerns to be paid to the saddening conditions of the Tardive Dyskinesia victims, especially the young children in my home country and other nations which are not just as modern and developed as U.S and other European nations ?

The underlying reason is simply that those drugs that potentially cause Tardive Dyskinesia syndrome (including the other related ones such as cough medications like Phenergan etc) tend to be fed in a very much unprofessionally haphazard and arbitrary way to the less medical-conscious patients by the medical personnel in these less modern countries due to sheer ignorance, gross negligence and sometimes, deliberate lack of medical ethics for the sake of pure profit-motive.

In the context of U.S and other more developed nations, I would fully agree with the conclusion of the thesis paper as well as the claims made by you all above. Unfortunately, since the so-called ‘proper monitoring’ rarely happens in the case of Tardive Dyskinesia phenomena in these less modern countries, the related drugs thus in fact, tend to be fed continually and in a totally uninterrupted way to the victims mentioned above even when the relevant symptoms have explicitly manifested themselves. As a result, these people would tend to be the ones who continue to suffer innocently and ignorantly from the side effects of these medications. And this is indeed actually a very saddening fact of life.

Though given the fact that by being merely the manufacturers and suppliers of these Tardive Dyskinesia related drugs which have been approved by the relevant regulatory body under the compliance of the certain strict terms of conditions (such as proper monitoring etc) which may be at best fulfilled by the developed countries given their resourcefulness, and by no way these entities would need to bear any legal responsibilities and obligations for any ‘unexpected occurrences’ taking place abroad, the introduction of these drugs nevertheless has opened the way for the eventual sorry plight of these Tardive Dyskinesia victims in these less modern nations.

Thus, I am in the opinion that a humanitarian role and principle needs to be effectively exercised in this case to create a higher-level of self-awareness and self-consciousness among the related persons so that they can in turn safeguard their own medical welfares in a more informed and effective way to avoid any undesired disasters.

‘If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God? ‘

Well, my viewpoint is that God will help those who at least have the will to help themselves.

[ Edited: 15 April 2008 08:04 PM by NC ]

Posted: 15 April 2008 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I think you are blowing the numbers out of proportion though.  It is a low amount of, if it happens, and when it does, they get the best treatment we have for it.

Signature 

Mriana

3 of 4

‹‹ Special Needs      bad medicine ››