3 of 3
We can CLONE HUMAN BABIES now. Opinions?
Posted: 10 March 2008 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2008-03-04

Umm, seems to be an exercise in futility cloning people in an overpopulated World.

But supposing one could get the DNA, of various celebrities, what would be the point, as they would only be simulcra at best.
Getting the Jesus character would be good as the myth is so established, able to fly float and feed, not to mention the resurrecting of various characters.
Oh and just a quick exit no ground burial here, copied for Mohammad.

Right through Middle Eastern and Ancient Legend the Idea the of the Great Heroes of mankind Couldn’t possibly have been mere mortals, they had to be offspring of Gods is commonplace throughout which means the Christian story is another version of that old Legend.
AC Grayling

Posted: 10 March 2008 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-03-10

Cloning IMO is really just a trick.  It is neat and impressive but in the end the same result (human life) can be created just by having sex, which I am sure is MUCH more enjoyable than hanging around some cold lab with petri dishes and the like.

Ethical?  Probably not.  Since this in the humanism forum I would ask this question.  Would people really want the best for the human created?  Or would their greed, pride, and ego get in the way.  I am 100% sure a cloned human would live it’s entire life under the watchful (and raping) eye of the scientific team in charge.  And when the inquiring mind of the child asks why he is different than the other kids at school it would be a heartbreaking answer to give him/her.  It’s not needed, so why waste resources that could better be used trying to clone plants that will grow in harsh environments where people starve?

3 of 3