11 of 15
“The Truth About Islam” blog
Posted: 13 May 2008 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25
Mriana - 12 May 2008 03:41 PM

Oh I did try and push it, that’s why they started threatening me with, “If you persue this, you will not win” crap.

Can’t the Freedom Information Act be extended to things such as these? I mean these individuals are engaging in a deliberate & pre-meditated act of misleading the american public about A religion and they are getting away with it, when one makes an effort to clear something they resort to intimidation and threats. Also, your first amendement right allows you to xpress yourself. Sam Harris is right, islam is uncompatible with the US Constitution.

I fully understand. Thing is, I’m not sure if lowering ourselves to their level will help any.

You are right, it won’t.

Oh yes, I’ve read it and tried to quote some of it. I wasn’t even allowed to finish the quote, even though I was accurate with what I began with.

And I bet this kind of treatment is very liberating to their female “chevres”  LOL  ?!?!  grin I like using this word, in french it sounds really cool and powerful as the equivalent for “goats”.

The prof shut me down in class by interrupting me.  rolleyes  I emailed him sometime after class that same day and asked why when I was accurate and even went to the source, copying it word for about women.  Then I added others.  He said it was because they wanted to show the good of Islam and not the bad- including the bit about the burkha and hijab, which he said was not mentioned or supported in the Quran (in class he said this last and where my headaches with speaking up started).  Um… Actually…

Then why are their women ordered to wear a veil?  I know from the inside that women are told if they don’t for example cover their hair, allah will hang them from it in hell LOL  grin  Ohh jesus, this is just too much, I mean anything goes to get their flock submit to them, they know if they tell them directly, some at least are not going to hear it, so they accredit the command to this invisible dude (notice dude not “dudette”) who is up there and who is very mean   grrr .

Now, even though it is said that it troubled Mohammad’s brother that their women went out in the dead of night to do their business and the potential of their wives being harmed during their travels- thus they completely covered their women from head to toe in all black- it was not suppose to be forever.  At least that is what I heard while listening to some podcast with some Islamic religious guru.  However, it stuck, probably to control women, esp those who have no self-esteem and easily controlled.  I’m still looking for where Mohammad’s bro was excitable by the women who went out to do their business at night.  Be that as it may, I am as certain as I can be, that the idea for women wearing hijabs and burkhas, comes from at least those verses, if not even more.

Of course that is not mentioning all the verses that say women are worth 1/2 a man, scourging women who will not obey, and if her husband divorces her, Allah will give him wives better than her.  rolleyes  I think it is pure ignorance to say that there is no support for the burkha and hijab in the Quran. 

As I said, the prof, dean, and the religious dept were/are wrong not to at least recommend getting a copy of the Quran and telling the students what it says or rather what they want them to believe it says.

I was arguing with a brought up catholic kid turned atheist couple of years ago on another site about the fact that the koran orders women to be flogged or scourged (same sourate:women). He claimed that there was no such thing, I read it in arabic, of course along with other many absolutely dehumanizing commands, of which what you stated, I don’t know if he was arguing based on what he really read, or that being moderator of that site he was playing some sort of ambiguous politic. In case he really read that, and based on what this toad told you that they don’t want to disclose the real nature of islam, I am thinking that the translations aren’t what they are supposed to be. I honestly believe it is possible that they completely keep the ugly out of english translations or at least some of them or it.

You know what Mriana? I think if you are still taking that class you should suggest to the toad, that if they are ashamed of that rot to a point they must embarrassingly lie about its existence, the solution is reformation because it is there whether they try to con people about it or not.

[ Edited: 13 May 2008 11:33 AM by Daisy ]

Posted: 13 May 2008 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02
Daisy - 13 May 2008 11:11 AM

You know what Mriana? I think if you are still taking that class you should suggest to the toad, that if they are ashamed of that rot to a point they must embarrassingly lie about its existence, the solution is reformation because it is there whether they try to con people about it or not.

I’m taking a final in it tomorrow, but we had to fill out an evaluation about it and trust me, I let them have it. They’ll probably throw it out, but there are many other avenues I can take.  I never thought about the freedom of information act, though.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 May 2008 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-12-27

I’ve just now caught up on the discussion between you two - Mriana and Daisy. Very interesting. Mriana, regarding your issue at school, you could contact the au.org and the ffrf.org and discuss it with them just to see what they’d say. I’m sure they’d respond, “We know.”

So these are the 5 Pillars of Islam:

1. Witness that Allah(God) is the only Allah(God) there is

2. Do Ramadan

3. Pray 5 times a day

4. Tithe

5. Do the pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, meaning visit the prophet’s tomb.

It sounds a lot like Christianity to me outside of visiting the tomb.

Christianity has Commandment #1 as “thou shall have no other Gods before me”.

2. I would compare it to Easter and Christmas (Christ-Mass)

3. Pray

4. Tithe

5. I’d suggest the “Great Commission”

Posted: 13 May 2008 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

In what I’ve been researching about Islam lately, the Saudis are being brought into the fold regarding globalization via schools, banking EVERYTHING.

So Mriana, your school probably has a strict policy against sharing factoids that would make Islam look bad.  And this policy is probably universal across America and even western countries in general. So, I get the sense that any individual who chooses to challenge them is, in a sense, taking on Saudi Arabia as well as its “Corporate America” partners who support them and are in on it.

Posted: 13 May 2008 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Freethinkaluva - 13 May 2008 07:29 PM

In what I’ve been researching about Islam lately, the Saudis are being brought into the fold regarding globalization via schools, banking EVERYTHING.

So Mriana, your school probably has a strict policy against sharing factoids that would make Islam look bad.  And this policy is probably universal across America and even western countries in general. So, I get the sense that any individual who chooses to challenge them is, in a sense, taking on Saudi Arabia as well as its “Corporate America” partners who support them and are in on it.

Oy!  rolleyes  I hope you are wrong about that last.  If you are not, I may need the help of the reformers, FFRF, AU,  our mutual friend, etc.  I would like to be skeptical about that though until I see it. Of course, more often than not, no matter how bad I think it is, it is often worse.  I know that sounds pessimistic.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 May 2008 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

“To address these issues the Library of Congress has organized a series of five symposia on Globalization and Muslim Societies, three of which were supported by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation. More than three dozen intellectuals, policymakers, organizational leaders, journalists, bankers, lawyers and others, representing some of the best minds in the United States and the Muslim world, have been invited to share their thoughts on the issues and shed light on the debates.”

http://www.loc.gov/locvideo/mslm/globalmuslim.html

Posted: 13 May 2008 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

“Global Banks Embrace Islam”
http://www.augustreview.com/issues/global_banking/global_banks_embrace_islam_2007121282/

Shariah Finance Watch: Exposing the Risks of Shariah Finance
http://shariahfinancewatch.wordpress.com

Islamic Banking Links section
http://www.islamic-banking.com/links/index.php

http://muslim-investor.com (pro Shariah Investment site, this should be watched and studied to be able to fight shariah finance)

“Jihad comes to Wall Street”
http://www.news.faithfreedom.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1862

“Harvard Goes Halal”

“With $800 billion already in Shariah assets — and $1 trillion to $2 trillion in Arab petrodollars annually looking for an investment home — the potential for billions being siphoned off for terrorism is real.”

“...It appears Islamists are trying to use such Shariah-compliant financial products as tools to get Islamic law through the back door into Western countries, including the U.S. They’re enlisting our finest colleges in the project.

If Arab sheiks think they can buy American colleges and use our campuses to spread Wahhabism, Harvard only has encouraged them.”
http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=293411200915489

[ Edited: 13 May 2008 09:43 PM by Freethinkaluva ]

Posted: 14 May 2008 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Joined  2008-02-25
Mriana - 13 May 2008 04:56 PM

I’m taking a final in it tomorrow, but we had to fill out an evaluation about it and trust me, I let them have it. They’ll probably throw it out, but there are many other avenues I can take.  I never thought about the freedom of information act, though.

Did you ever see this? it’s made by an under cover british reporter. If they throw your evaluation away (and you are right, they probably will), then it will be nice to start a petition and have it passed around to give them a FULL EXPOSURE. The above vid is commonly known as “undercover mosque”, and it’s probably the most disgusting thing I have ever came across on the internet.  I know very little about the Freedom of Information Act, but I think these individuals are buying the local authorities’ silence so they can spread ignorance and bring barberism into the US. The feminist movement in the US worked just too hard and made a great sacrifices to get women the rights they have today for those criminals to be easily allowed to buy those rights back, this absolutely needs to be addressed.

[ Edited: 14 May 2008 11:53 AM by Daisy ]

Posted: 14 May 2008 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Joined  2008-02-25
Freethinkaluva - 13 May 2008 07:19 PM

I’ve just now caught up on the discussion between you two - Mriana and Daisy. Very interesting. Mriana, regarding your issue at school, you could contact the au.org and the ffrf.org and discuss it with them just to see what they’d say. I’m sure they’d respond, “We know.”

thank you for those links, though I think this goes beyond the separation of state and “church”, I personally believe they are boldly engaging in the act of forgery and that is a criminal offense. It really pisses me off when US officials literally bend over and look the other way when the offender happens to have some cash or whatever it is they are bribing them with, and then they turn around and claim they are fighting terrorism.

So these are the 5 Pillars of Islam:

1. Witness that Allah(God) is the only Allah(God) there is

I am sorry, as I said, I haven’t thought of this in a while, the other half is “and that mohamad is his prophet”, meaning his ONLY, so, in other words better not mention Jesus or any other though they are spoken about in the koran, so freedom of thought here is not an option, at least Christianity leaves some room for free will, from what I understand, I don’t think that option is provided in islam.

2. Do Ramadan

3. Pray 5 times a day

4. Tithe

correct.

5. Do the pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, meaning visit the prophet’s tomb.

this, only if one can afford it, it is not mandatory.

It sounds a lot like Christianity to me outside of visiting the tomb.

it will be more justified for Christians to require that one visit the Holy Lands, at least Jesus done some amazing things in comparaison to mohamad raping 6 years olds while claiming that allah told him to.

2. I would compare it to Easter and Christmas (Christ-Mass)

I think Christmas will be more comparable to the muslim celebrating of mohamad’s birthday where they also buy toys to their kids, eat a lot and basically splurge.

5. I’d suggest the “Great Commission”

the great commission? can you elaborate please? thanks.

Posted: 14 May 2008 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Joined  2008-02-25
Freethinkaluva - 13 May 2008 09:35 PM

“Harvard Goes Halal”

“With $800 billion already in Shariah assets — and $1 trillion to $2 trillion in Arab petrodollars annually looking for an investment home — the potential for billions being siphoned off for terrorism is real.”

“...It appears Islamists are trying to use such Shariah-compliant financial products as tools to get Islamic law through the back door into Western countries, including the U.S. They’re enlisting our finest colleges in the project.

If Arab sheiks think they can buy American colleges and use our campuses to spread Wahhabism, Harvard only has encouraged them.”
http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=293411200915489

thank you so much for the links, this is exactly what I pointed out earlier, the muslims will exploite America’s fuzzy feelings toward cash to get it do what they want. This is a nighmare:

Over the past few years, Harvard University has received millions in endowments from rich Saudi and Emirate sheiks. Now it’s returning the favor by Islamizing its campus and promoting the Shariah agenda of its new Arab masters.

Posted: 14 May 2008 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Daisy - 14 May 2008 10:55 AM
Mriana - 13 May 2008 04:56 PM

Did you ever see this? it’s made by an under cover british reporter. If they throw your evaluation away (and you are right, they probably will), then it will be nice to start a petition and have it passed around to give them a FULL EXPOSURE. The above vid is commonly known as “undercover mosque”, and it’s probably the most disgusting thing I have ever came across on the internet.  I know very little about the Freedom of Information Act, but I think these individuals are buying the local authorities’ silence so they can spread ignorance and bring barberism into the US. The feminist movement in the US worked just too hard and made a great sacrifices to get women the rights they have today for those criminals to be easily allowed to buy those rights back, this absolutely needs to be addressed.

No, I’ve not seen this video.  It’s possible.  I would not put anything past the radicals.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 15 May 2008 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

You’ve been right all along Daisy…

The 5 Pillars of Islam:
http://www.islam101.com/dawah/pillars.html

Daisy “the great commission? can you elaborate please?”

- This will give a clear basic explanation of it and the bible verses its based on.

“In Christian tradition, the Great Commission is the instruction of the resurrected Jesus Christ to his disciples, that they spread his teachings to all the nations of the world. It has become a tenet in Christian theology emphasizing mission work, evangelism, and baptism. It has been a primary basis for Christian missionary activity.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Commission

“Undercover Mosque” video?

- It’s here, almost half way down the page,  http://islamwatchers.blogspot.com

Daisy, I appreciate you sharing your experience as a Muslim here with us.

Folks *MUST* be allowed to be critical of Islam without being accused of hate speech. So, I provide this link from secular humanism .org as a reminder that there are a great MANY Humanists critically discussing Islam including some leaders within CFI. Which many members here seem to be unaware.

“Why Critical Scrutiny of Islam Is an Utmost Necessity” by Syed Kamran Mirza
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?section=library&page=mirza_22_2

[ Edited: 15 May 2008 09:26 AM by Freethinkaluva ]

Posted: 15 May 2008 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

After watching the video, I do agree people should see it.  At the very least, they will learn about extremists, if not the Islamic religious ideas also.  Some of the ideas that are in the Quran are mentioned, but this of course could be construde to be the equivalent of Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian ideology too.  Even so, it’s worth watching regardless of the POV one takes.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 15 May 2008 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Joined  2008-02-25
Freethinkaluva - 15 May 2008 09:03 AM

You’ve been right all along Daisy…

The 5 Pillars of Islam:
http://www.islam101.com/dawah/pillars.html

The way it’s put on this page is kind of played down and made to look as if it’s more “generic” and “flexible” than it actually is. I remember when I was little, we were supposed to recite by heart many long parts of the koran each morning upon getting in the classroom (it wasn’t even a muslim school but a back then public one), and if one fails to do so, they get hit by a short thick 2X4 8, 10, 12 times really hard on both open palms of their hands. One time upon starting class the “teacher” started to get us up and recite, on my turn I didn’t do good job, when he started hitting my palms, I wouldn’t cry and he got mad, kept on hittin well past the 12 and the brute was hitting as hard as he could too, back then I must not have been more than 8 or 10 years old.  I think about clips like this and think islam needs to be disolved, plain and simple.

Daisy “the great commission? can you elaborate please?”

- This will give a clear basic explanation of it and the bible verses its based on.

“In Christian tradition, the Great Commission is the instruction of the resurrected Jesus Christ to his disciples, that they spread his teachings to all the nations of the world. It has become a tenet in Christian theology emphasizing mission work, evangelism, and baptism. It has been a primary basis for Christian missionary activity.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Commission

thank you.

Daisy, I appreciate you sharing your experience as a Muslim here with us.

thank you and I appreciate CFI for letting me talk as rather ex-muslim or you can call me kafir if you prefer grin  since I have un-officially been for at least a decade.

Folks *MUST* be allowed to be critical of Islam without being accused of hate speech. So, I provide this link from secular humanism .org as a reminder that there are a great MANY Humanists critically discussing Islam including some leaders within CFI. Which many members here seem to be unaware.

“Why Critical Scrutiny of Islam Is an Utmost Necessity” by Syed Kamran Mirza
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?section=library&page=mirza_22_2

I loved the islamwatchers link, I didn’t get around checking out the others yet. You have some really good material, thank you so much for sharing it. It is honestly appreaciated.

Posted: 15 May 2008 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Joined  2008-02-25
Mriana - 14 May 2008 08:58 PM

I would not put anything past the radicals.

do you mean that school is muslim?

11 of 15