“The Truth About Islam” blog
Posted: 15 May 2008 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

No, I meant Muslim extremists.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 June 2008 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-12-27

Has anyone been paying attention to the Brigitte Bardot cases in the news?

“Also, such utter disgraces as the recent conviction of famed French citizen Brigitte Bardot for “provoking race hatred,” when Islam is not a race and Bardot, as a citizen of that nation, clearly has a right to complain about the Islamic destruction of her country and culture, are quite demoralizing for those who are attempting to prevent the death of human civilization.”

Islam: Wholesale Slaughter in the Name of Allah

Posted: 03 June 2008 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25

This problem is getting serious by the hour if not the minute. At least the french are digging their own grave by supporting/backing such culture/religion. I read in I don’t remember what french magazine about 2 years ago, that upon one little criminal litterally burning another’s “girlfriend” by pouring gazoline on her and setting her on fire, supposedly becauses she was his rival’s property and since he could’s get to his rival, he had to get to him via destroying some of his “belongings”; the local french authorities didn’t do zip to work to arrest the thug and his acomplices, their pretext is “it’s cultural and they don’t want to interfere”. The article shows a pic of the funerals with the girl’s parents and ciblings standing by her grave site and not one else. She was only like 15 or 16 years old. The article also brought up several cases of muslim women who live in France under the tyranny and opression of their families with the blessings of the locals, many went on hunger strikes to work to pressure the french governement to do something. And they were still waiting. The french soil is being used as breeding field for all sorts of barberic practices and crimes and the french continue to just sit there and fine the likes of Brigitte Bardot for speaking up and working to raise the public’s general awareness. What an outrage!

Posted: 13 June 2008 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-12-27

Islam in America’s public schools: Education or indoctrination?

“With fatal terrorist attacks on the decline worldwide and al Qaeda apparently in disarray, it would seem a time for optimism in the global war on terrorism. But the war has simply shifted to a different arena. Islamists, or those who believe that Islam is a political and religious system that must dominate all others, are focusing less on the military and more on the ideological. It turns out that Western liberal democracies can be subverted without firing a shot.

Nowhere is this more evident than in the educational realm. Islamists have taken what’s come to be known as the “soft jihad” into America’s classrooms and children in K-12 are the first casualties. Whether it is textbooks, curriculum, classroom exercises, film screenings, speakers or teacher training, public education in America is under assault.

Capitalizing on the post-9/11 demand for Arabic instruction, some public, charter and voucher-funded private schools are inappropriately using taxpayer dollars to implement a religious curriculum. They are also bringing in outside speakers with Islamist ties or sympathies. As a result, not only are children receiving a biased education, but possible violations of the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause abound. Consider the following cases: “

“...While groups such as People for the American Way, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, and the ACLU express outrage at any semblance of Christianity in America’s public schools, very little clamor has met the emergence of Islam in the same arena. An occasional press release, such as the one put out by the Minnesota chapter of the ACLU regarding TIZA, will surface, but by and large, the arbiters of separation of church and state or in this case, mosque and state, have gone silent. The same can largely be said for the federal government and, in particular, the State Department. No doubt, Saudi dollars and influence are part of the problem.”

Please read the full article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/06/11/cstillwell.DTL

Here’s another one:

Review: Troubling passages in texts at Va. school

“McLEAN, Va. (AP) — Textbooks at a private Islamic school in northern Virginia teach students that it is permissible for Muslims to kill adulterers and converts from Islam, according to a federal investigation released Wednesday.

Other passages in the school’s textbooks state that “the Jews conspired against Islam and its people” and that Muslims are permitted to take the lives and property of those deemed “polytheists.”

The passages were found in selected textbooks used during the 2007-08 school year by the Islamic Saudi Academy, which teaches 900 students in grades K-12 at two campuses in Alexandria and Fairfax and receives much of its funding from the Saudi government.

The academy has come under scrutiny from critics who allege that it fosters an intolerant brand of Islam similar to that taught in the conservative Saudi kingdom. In the review, the panel recommended that the school make all of its textbooks available to the State Department so changes can be made before the next school year.

The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, a panel formed by Congress, last year recommended that the school be closed amid concerns that it promotes violence and too closely mimics the conservative Saudi educational system.”

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5igZiBbZdKa9Gvx8uwXlsIOxoBQ5wD91859CG0

Posted: 13 June 2008 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2008-02-27

I saw a report on tv about an honor killing in Jordan.  A woman was raped and as a result her family was shamed by the local community until they killed her.  It was chilling to listen to the brother calmly describe how he shot his sister 4 times in the face including describing where the bullets entered her skull.  When asked, he indicated that he felt no remorse and expressed no emotion about the loss of his sister.  He said his sister was ruined.  The man spent 6 months in jail which is typical for such killings.  One of the most upside down aspects of the report is the fact that he never says a word about finding or punishing the person who raped his sister.  I have a sister and if someone ever hurt her, i could understand harboring violent rage towards the attacker, but not my sister. 

Here is a similar article on Turkey:

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/dilberk.htm

If it’s this bad in what I thought was a moderate country like Jordan and an allegedly somewhat secular Turkey, I hate to think what the murder rates are in fundamentalist countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

When such principals are encoded in the judicial system of a country, I would say such views are not extremist, but mainstream of the Muslim world.

[ Edited: 13 June 2008 11:29 AM by JRM5001 ]

Posted: 13 June 2008 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

I agree JRM and I find such things appauling.  They seem to blame the victim, instead of the one who did the crime and something seems very wrong when a family does not go after the one who harmed one of their family members.  The man who raped her should be the one in jail and she should have gotten counselling, not killed because of it.  She wasn’t ruined, but she was harmed physically and emotionally.  It wasn’t her fault, but rather the man whose brains fell from his skull down to his manhood.  IMHO, this is neanderthal thinking, not modern day humans.  You’d think we would have advanced beyond such primitive thinking, but sadly, it seems some societies have not.  :(  I have my theories as to why, but they are only theories and don’t seem quite the answer, because men in the U.S. and other countries where Islam is not the major religion, work side by side with women, see their hair, make-up, even figures and most don’t rape them.  However, the theory falls apart because some men do rape women even in these counries.  Mental illness?  No, because it appears the majority of Muslim society has this mentality.  The whole lot of them can’t be mentally ill, even based on the DSM IV or V… can they?  So far, any theory I think of, seems to fall apart, so I’m not sure what the reason is behind this mentality- except religion.  A religion that has some VERY BIG problems.  That’s the one theory I have yet to find a flaw.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 14 June 2008 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

It’s all very scary. I don’t believe any of us have evolved more than others. If I were brought up in a Muslim country, I’m very afraid that I would be no better than they. It is the culture that must change - and that seems at this point to be impossible to do. The same is true to a much lesser extent here with fundamentalist xtians. I say much lesser extent because of the vast difference between xtians and muslims in advocating murder. Still, there are xtians who have absolutely no regrets after murdering abortionists. I feel helpless as I watch the world unfold before my eyes.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 14 June 2008 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Freethinkaluva - 13 June 2008 09:59 AM

Islam in America’s public schools: Education or indoctrination?
Capitalizing on the post-9/11 demand for Arabic instruction, some public, charter and voucher-funded private schools are inappropriately using taxpayer dollars to implement a religious curriculum. They are also bringing in outside speakers with Islamist ties or sympathies. As a result, not only are children receiving a biased education, but possible violations of the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause abound. Consider the following cases: “

“...While groups such as People for the American Way, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, and the ACLU express outrage at any semblance of Christianity in America’s public schools, very little clamor has met the emergence of Islam in the same arena. An occasional press release, such as the one put out by the Minnesota chapter of the ACLU regarding TIZA, will surface, but by and large, the arbiters of separation of church and state or in this case, mosque and state, have gone silent. The same can largely be said for the federal government and, in particular, the State Department. No doubt, Saudi dollars and influence are part of the problem.”

Please read the full article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/06/11/cstillwell.DTL

The Wall St. Journal for today Sat-Sun Jun 14-15 has a op-ed article by Katherine Kersten, a columnist for the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. The article is about this “TIZA” charter school (TIZA = Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy), a publicly funded charter school which has stepped well over the line and actively supports instruction in Islam. The article explains what an analogous “Catholic charter school” would look like:

It’s a safe bet that if the school in question here were essentially a Catholic school, this wouldn’t be a debate. Imagine a public charter located in the headquarters building of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Its principal is a priest and its board chairman is the archbishop. Catholic students there “are comfortable asking questions about their own religion.” Latin is required, and the cafeteria serves fish during Lent. Students break for prayer and attend Mass during the school day, and buses leave only when after-school Catholic Catechism classes are over. Such a school would never open.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121339952713673705.html

http://www.startribune.com/local/17406054.html

Posted: 14 June 2008 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I feel like I’m reading a lot of hate mongering on this thread. It’s making me uncomfortable. Am I mistaken?

Some of the claims look like they were pasted out of chain emails that I’ve seen forwarded around to spread fear.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 14 June 2008 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
Joined  2007-09-03
Jules - 14 June 2008 04:37 PM

I feel like I’m reading a lot of hate mongering on this thread. It’s making me uncomfortable. Am I mistaken?

Some of the claims look like they were pasted out of chain emails that I’ve seen forwarded around to spread fear.

If you are responding to my post, could you be more specific.
I had intended to make the Wall St. Journal op-ed a separate thread, but it seemed to link to the one post on this thread I quoted.  Maybe this was a mistake—is that your point?

There is indeed somehow by mistake in Minneapolis a charter school which is publicly funded and essentially an Islamic parochial school.  This doesn’t mean it is part of a general problem or part of a global conspiracy.  Somebody just did something dumb.  In that sense it doesn’t belong in the thread…

Posted: 14 June 2008 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Some of it makes me a bit uncomfortable as well, Jules, so I’d have to agree with you. But rather than let this descend into another bout of name-calling, why not try to put your finger on where you’re feeling uncomfortable.

One thing I’d say is that there are well-meaning and liberal practitioners of all religions (including Islam) and there are lunatics. We can and should point out the lunatics, and get clear on where the lunatics are getting their ideas, but still and all realize that there are well-meaning practitioners as well.

The same is true of moderate Christians in our country: although many of us here may disagree with moderate, liberal Christians about the existence of God and the divinity of Christ, nevertheless it may well be that we agree with them on virtually all moral issues.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 14 June 2008 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Joined  2007-09-03
dougsmith - 14 June 2008 05:44 PM

Some of it makes me a bit uncomfortable as well, Jules, so I’d have to agree with you. But rather than let this descend into another bout of name-calling, why not try to put your finger on where you’re feeling uncomfortable.

One thing I’d say is that there are well-meaning and liberal practitioners of all religions (including Islam) and there are lunatics. We can and should point out the lunatics, and get clear on where the lunatics are getting their ideas, but still and all realize that there are well-meaning practitioners as well.

The same is true of moderate Christians in our country: although many of us here may disagree with moderate, liberal Christians about the existence of God and the divinity of Christ, nevertheless it may well be that we agree with them on virtually all moral issues.

I basically agree with you Doug, but I also agree to some extent with Sam Harris (and in some sense Austin Dacey)  that the moderate, liberal Christians and the moderate, liberal Islamists have the responsibility to criticize their wacky co-religionists, and this just doesn’t happen enough.  As you know there were too few moderate, liberal Christians and too few moderate, liberal Islamists agreeing with the right of Salman Rushdie to write a book of fiction or looking at the truth behind the Danish cartoon brouhaha.

Posted: 14 June 2008 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Regarding the charter school, I agree it is unacceptable. Public schools should not give religious endorsement of any sort.

What made me uncomfortable was the general tone of the thread (edit for clarification - the entire subject thread, not one person’s post in particular.) It felt like a bad storm was brewing. There seemed to be an undertone of loathing and fear, and a lot of generalizing of Muslim people as a whole.

I would imagine that just as Christianity has various levels of normalcy and insanity, so would Islam. Have not prominent members of the Christian right called for the hatred of gays, Jews, and Muslims? I am just as bothered by Christian leaders calling for hatred of others as I am of Muslim leaders calling for hatred of others.

Maybe I’m just more of a lover than a hater.

- Julie

[ Edited: 14 June 2008 09:06 PM by Jules ]
 Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 15 June 2008 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25

Julie,

Love equals or projects tolerance, tolerance when practiced toward the wrong crowd can bring about the worst you know what, as in what we are currently reading about, and this is only the beginning. Islam, moderate or not, simply needs to be severely contained if not completely fenced off the western world. I personally believe it’s a monsterous threat to the people’s freedom, peace etc. And I speak from experience.  Muslims are clueless as to how hopelessly sick their religion is. It will take their complete removal from from that ‘hidious island’, for an extensive period of time, for them to start seeing its horrors. And the very last thing we need is an expansion of it. This thread is very proper, very decent and very informative. If muslims believe they are better, why can’t they limit their “goods” to their populations? wouldn’t that allow more of that “good” *** for themselves? we don’t see christians or jews opening schools, sinagogues or churches in the muslim world, working to spread judaism or christianity, though in An indeniable sense they are desperately needed. I would strongly recommend you be very superficial with your love when dealing with the muslims.

I remember when I was little they used to tell us to stay away from Christians because they will turn us to their ways, and also this is aaaaaalll over the coran. Every other chapter has it to stay away from your guys since you are really really baaaad LOL .  Just why can’t they walk their talk??? Once I converted and started to go to church and started to enjoy singing along with other guys and girls “The battle hymn of the republic” or “Joyful, Joyful we adore Thee” etc. and witnessing the healing regenerating power of those lyrics within me, started to hear about things like FORGIVENESS & LOVE then I knew all those bastards are working to keep their own people from IS being able to see the Light, get out and enjoying the world, etc.!!!! What gives them the right to think they have something to teach the world and yet not let the world teach anything to their blackened minds??? the only shade a blind person sees is dark whatever. Muslims are blind people and as such they are in no position to teach or spread anything.

[ Edited: 15 June 2008 03:54 PM by Daisy ]

Posted: 15 June 2008 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Joined  2008-06-03
Daisy - 15 June 2008 02:59 PM

Julie,

Love equals or projects tolerance, tolerance when practiced toward the wrong crowd can bring about the worst you know what, as in what we are currently reading about, and this is only the beginning. Islam, moderate or not, simply needs to be severely contained if not completely fenced off the western world. I personally believe it’s a monsterous threat to the people’s freedom, peace etc. And I speak from experience.  Muslims are clueless as to how hopelessly sick their religion is. It will take their complete removal from from that ‘hidious island’, for an extensive period of time, for them to start seeing its horrors. And the very last thing we need is an expansion of it. This thread is very proper, very decent and very informative. If muslims believe they are better, why can’t they limit their “goods” to their populations? wouldn’t that allow more of that “good” *** for themselves? we don’t see christians or jews opening schools, sinagogues or churches in the muslim world, working to spread judaism or christianity, though in An indeniable sense they are desperately needed. I would strongly recommend you be very superficial with your love when dealing with the muslims.

I remember when I was little they used to tell us to stay away from Christians because they will turn us to their ways, and also this is aaaaaalll over the coran. Every other chapter has it to stay away from your guys since you are really really baaaad LOL .  Just why can’t they walk their talk??? Once I converted and started to go to church and started to enjoy singing along with other guys and girls “The battle hymn of the republic” or “Joyful, Joyful we adore Thee” etc. and witnessing the healing regenerating power of those lyrics within me, started to hear about things like FORGIVENESS & LOVE then I knew all those bastards are working to keep their own people from IS being able to see the Light, get out and enjoying the world, etc.!!!! What gives them the right to think they have something to teach the world and yet not let the world teach anything to their blackened minds??? the only shade a blind person sees is dark whatever. Muslims are blind people and as such they are in no position to teach or spread anything.

There does seem to be a lot of hate. I’m sorry if I can’t help feeling uncomfortable about it - it’s just the way I feel.

Signature 

12 of 15