14 of 15
“The Truth About Islam” blog
Posted: 14 September 2012 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2681
Joined  2011-04-24
I.J. Abdul Hakeem - 14 September 2012 10:00 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/16/magazine/16Shariah-t.html

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

—Omar M. Ahmad, founder of Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

Is it just me, or can this statement technically be applied to anyone of any faith. I can easily think of jew saying this about Judaism only on spiritual or theologicla grounds

Any religious person could say that, but in this case a Muslim said it, and they’re going to be challenged over it by those who disagree.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Total Posts:  3073
Joined  2011-11-04
I.J. Abdul Hakeem - 14 September 2012 10:00 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/16/magazine/16Shariah-t.html

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

—Omar M. Ahmad, founder of Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

Is it just me, or can this statement technically be applied to anyone of any faith. I can easily think of jew saying this about Judaism only on spiritual or theologicla grounds

I don’t want any religion and its “holy” books to be the highest authority in America, ever.  I don’t want any religion to be the only accepted religion on Earth, ever.  —Not even the Church of Non-theistic Humanism.—

IMO, any religion that aspires to such is worthy of humiliating scorn and disdain.

IMO, dogma sucks.  And controlling others through dogma sucks big time.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 15 September 2012 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01

Quran on Intolerance

Edit

It’s just amazing how many hateful and antagonistic things are built in it, and what is the majority of the crimes listed? Not believing.

[ Edited: 15 September 2012 05:17 AM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 22 October 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2012-09-14

Pedophilia in Islam

Muhammed -The Pedophile -

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Sahih Bukhari Aisha: that the Prophet (Muhammed 53 years old) married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).
http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/muhtpammed.htm

Yet Aisha also said,    “None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could.”           (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299)

This may seem weird but I think there needs to be a little bit of study.

It is actually not unusual for girls to develop maturity at young ages.

For example   the Cambridge World History of Food says:

Albrecht von Haller (1775), for example, claimed that girls in the southerly regions of Asia, where the climate was warm, were marriageable in their eighth year and gave birth in their ninth or tenth year

page 1455

“Doctors generally consider puberty early if it begins before age 8 in girls and before age 9 in boys.”
The average age for when girls in the U.S. reach their first period is 12.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2220832/Boys-U-S-entering-puberty-younger-new-study-shows.html

If you notice, the hadith it says

“he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old,”

Aisha would have been physically prepared by this age.  She also would have been emotionally prepared. 1400 years ago, children were much more mature. For example. Professor Postman states in his famous book The disappearance of Childhood that children and adults of Medieval Europe.

lived in the same social and intellectual world

page 36

But why was she married so young if there was no sex? This is custom called betrothal.  betrothal is ” no more than a declaration to marry a certain woman”

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/family/engagement/174524.html

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, The Supreme Leader of Iran, the Shia Grand Ayatollah, 1979-89 said in his official statements:

“A man can quench his sexual lusts with a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate. Sodomizing the baby is halal (allowed by sharia). If the man penetrates and damages the child, then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however, does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl’s sister. It is better for a girl to marry when her menstruation starts, and at her husband’s house rather than her father’s home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven.”

Khomeini, “Tahrirolvasyleh” fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990

“It is not illegal for an adult male to ‘thigh’ or enjoy a young girl who is still in the age of weaning; meaning to place his penis between her thighs, and to kiss her.”

You have been misled because There is no fourth volume of the book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahrir_al-Wasilah

The most important rule as to the age of marriage of females as per the majority of Muslim scholars is that the female had reached puberty and that she can mentally carry the responsibility of marriage. She has to be physically and mentally able to fulfill the duties of marriage.

—-Islamic Scholar , Imam Mustafa Zayd
http://theliesaboutmuhammad.com/?p=190

Signature 

Say: He is God, the Unique.
God, the Self-Sufficient.
He does not give birth, nor was He born.
And there is none equal to Him.

Quran (112: 1-4)

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02
I.J. Abdul Hakeem - 22 October 2012 03:26 PM

It is actually not unusual for girls to develop maturity at young ages.

That does not mean they are fully matured physically and emotionally and more young girls die in childbirth than fully mature women.  Just because she has her first period at the age of 12 does not mean she is ready for sex, pregnancy, and child birth.

Aisha would have been physically prepared by this age.  She also would have been emotionally prepared. 1400 years ago, children were much more mature. For example. Professor Postman states in his famous book The disappearance of Childhood that children and adults of Medieval Europe.

I call B.S.  She was still playing with dolls and was just a little girl, despite any signs of puberty, but times were different back then and females were property and given away as such.

[ Edited: 22 October 2012 05:40 PM by Mriana ]
 Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Total Posts:  3163
Joined  2011-08-15

I don’t want any religion and its “holy” books to be the highest authority in America, ever.  I don’t want any religion to be the only accepted religion on Earth, ever.  —Not even the Church of Non-theistic Humanism.—

IMO, any religion that aspires to such is worthy of humiliating scorn and disdain.

As Dawkins mentioned in his speech at the Reason Rally, America is uniquely qualified to prevent this form of mind control via religion by the constitution’s first Amendment effectively preventing the creation of a theocracy. The “highest” authority here is a legal document and not a holy book of mindless anachronistic dogma. Let’s keep it that way. I know this is a cliche’ used by the cons but it’s original intent still has meaning: “live free or die”. Freedom from autocrats AND theocrats.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 22 October 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

No, she would NOT have been ‘physically mature’ at nine. Girls and boys physically matured LATER than they do now. In poorer areas of the world where the food supply and health is not on par with the first world countries, girls STILL mature later than boys and girls of the US and other first world countries. The food supplies 1600 years ago was even worse than it is now. What the book addresses is how we TREAT children and childhood. What was done then, was that children work and were expected to carry their load as soon as they were able. Childhood as we know it did not exist. That did not mean they were SEXUALLY mature. I’m not even going to address the other excuses for pedophilia in your post.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

...The most important rule as to the age of marriage of females as per the majority of Muslim scholars is that the female had reached puberty and that she can mentally carry the responsibility of marriage. She has to be physically and mentally able to fulfill the duties of marriage.

—-Islamic Scholar , Imam Mustafa Zayd
http://theliesaboutmuhammad.com/?p=190

I don’t understand what point you were trying to make with all of that crazy pedophilia stuff, in the rest of your post, so I cut it all out except for the part that seemed to me to at least border on sanity. See the quote above.

Do the scholars also set forth how it can be objectively determined that a pubescent female is physically and mentally able to fulfill the duties of mariage?  Or can any Muslim male (who may or may not be a pedophile) make this determination?

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-07-25

Followers of islam do not like to think. They must obey. That is the first flaw in this violent fairy tale. Do not try to use logic and science to engage them because they are not receptive to coherent thought. “If it is written in the book it is true….everything else is a lie and we must kill you.”...How do you argue with that ?

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
sine dues - 24 October 2012 06:26 AM

Followers of islam do not like to think. They must obey. That is the first flaw in this violent fairy tale. Do not try to use logic and science to engage them because they are not receptive to coherent thought. “If it is written in the book it is true….everything else is a lie and we must kill you.”...How do you argue with that ?

I think that you are overstating.  To some extent Muslims do think, so that they can understand what they are to submit to.  They have scholars who devote much of their lives to having and teaching a better understanding.  I, personally, agree that it is based upon a kind of a fairy tale that sometimes promotes violent aspects.  I agree that if it is written in the Koran, devout Muslims believe it is true.  If it is in the words of or the writings about Muhammed, they also believe it is true, but much of this is subject to the interpretation by the “scholars”.

[ Edited: 24 October 2012 10:01 AM by TimB ]
 Signature 

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

You are correct Tim. I am overstating. I have been told a million times about hyperbole but…...seriously….
I respect humans who show respect. If muslim scholars respected humans who do not submit to mohamed then I could respect who they are and what they do. I do not see very much tolerance from this religion. I do not believe or support any religion. Tax them and require them to provide evidence for the existence of their deity. I do not believe that they are better but at least xtianity and buddhism are tolerant in the teaching…. maybe less so in practice…..

Posted: 26 October 2012 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2010-10-14
Mriana - 24 January 2008 08:48 PM

Once again I am reminded of what I saw waiting for the campus shuttle yesterday and I admit I’ve said this else where, but it troubles me greatly.

In 5 min. time I saw 3 or 4 women enter the university building I was waiting in to keep warm. All wore the hajab (spelling?), bodies fully covered with what looked similar to habits (what nuns wear). One was without a doubt with her husband and small son. Her face and head completely covered and she too wore what looked similar to a habit. Only thing showing were her beautiful eyes surrounded by a nice dark complexion. I thought, it’s a shame she must hide such beauty. Is she really afraid she will be raped without it? Will her husband beat her to death if she doesn’t wear it? Why does it seem Muslim men don’t have their brains in their skulls, but down much lower? Why does it seem these men are so primitive in thought that they see the fur, the crowning glories on women’s heads as a turn on? I think a lion’s mane is quite attractive and beautiful, but I know better than to touch it. Why is it a religion that’s so primitive in nature is believed by so many and instills unrealistic terror?

Anyway, you get the picture as to what was running through my head as watched these women, each with their own intrinsic beauty hidden, enter the building, in separate groups with at least one male and mentally questioned their religion. If not for the cold, I would have taken off my hoodie to my sweat shirt and allowed my long hair to hang freely within their view in defiance of their primitive, oppressive, and archiac beliefs.

However, I also felt sorry and sadden for these women. Oh they will tell you they are not oppressed and don’t feel oppressed, but if they fear rape and alike so much, scared to show their faces, and can never be without male companionship in public, they are lying to themselves and have been so deluded, as well as had so much fear instilled in them, that they feel more comfortable with the hajab and naked without it. They have been brainwashed since birth to accept the oppression and feel comfortable within it, yet fearful without it. It’s really terribly sad and while they do not feel the misery of religion, I feel it for them.  :-(

I can only hope that such an oppressive, domineering, brainwashing, fear instilling, primitive religion does not take over the U.S. and/or Europe, because women like me would surely be the first to die and show that religion IS the source of misery. The problem is, few people may see that religion is the source of misery as they kill so many freethinking and independent women.  :-(  And Christianity is not without it’s flaws towards women either- the more extreme the Christian beliefs, the more oppressed women are.

Wow…this post right here shows how uncultured and ignorant you really are in the ways of this world we live in…

I think you need to actually speak to some muslim women and see how they think and feel and not assume their husbands have them under their thumbs!

So let me help you…Women in Islam: Liberated or Oppressed? - Myriam Francois Cerrah

Or better yet how about travelling to the east and checking out other cultures? It will be a real eye opener and life changing…I promise. wink

Signature 

As I look back on my life, If I could have the glorious moment
The wondrous opportunity to comprehend
The chance to see my younger self
One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 26 October 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

I disagree with you affluenza- She is not uncultured and ignorant. She may be opinionated but she is dead on correct in her views. I bet that there is nobody who tells you what to wear or think…..

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
sine dues - 26 October 2012 07:26 AM

I disagree with you affluenza- She is not uncultured and ignorant. She may be opinionated but she is dead on correct in her views. I bet that there is nobody who tells you what to wear or think…..

The hijab is not the problem.  It is the veil.  Mary Francois Cerah has a beautiful face, which as far as I know, she never covers up with a veil.  The veil is not even mandated by Islam.  It is just a tradition that grew from some past Muslim leader who didn’t want people to see his wives’ faces. 

No one tells me what to wear, but I bet that if I always wore a mask in public, wherever I go, with nothing showing but my eyes, I would have some problems functioning effectively in society.

Signature 

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2010-10-14
sine dues - 26 October 2012 07:26 AM

The Niqab and Burqa are the issue.

The Hijab is not an issue.

The fact that she thinks the hijab is a problem shows her ignorance.

If one is to participate in discussions one should make sure they at least understand a basic level of what is an issue in society. France banned the Niqab/Burqa. The Hijab is widely accepted.

Signature 

As I look back on my life, If I could have the glorious moment
The wondrous opportunity to comprehend
The chance to see my younger self
One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

14 of 15