3 of 15
“The Truth About Islam” blog
Posted: 29 January 2008 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-12-27

Thanks for that Rocinante. I didn’t check that video. It seems to be one of only a couple videos from http://islamwatchers.blogspot.com that aren’t working. The other was the CNN “War Within”. Now, you’re probably right that Muslims most likely had nothing to do with that. However, I’m reminded of when I did see something being passed around awhile back stating that Muslims were going around complaining about these types of things with the intent on getting them removed. I haven’t looked for it but it shouldn’t be hard to find. Also, they do have their very own Islam tube or something like that . Also, of course, the Christians now have godtube.

Here’s google video “Pedophilia in Islam”
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Pedophilia+in+Islam&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

Posted: 29 January 2008 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-10-21

Yeah, i think the incident was videos posted on youtube. A certain faction of muslims organized and had youtube remove a bunch of videos criticizing islam, or the koran.

Posted: 29 January 2008 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2008-01-06
Occam - 28 January 2008 10:42 PM

As far as the photo, it may or may not be Photoshopped, but I wasn’t basing my response on that.  Do you have any evidence that it was?

No I don’t, but that wasn’t really my point.  I don’t know why, but somehow I kind of expected a group of secular humanists at a “Center for Inquiry” to be a bit more inquisitive, and to have a healthy skepticism about unattributed photos like that.  We don’t know where it came from, who or what it depicts, what was going on at the time or even whether the main subject was a religious leader.

I’ve searched the ‘Net for this picture and I find it copied all over the place, but never with any source or other details offered.  As far as I’m concerned it might as well have been photoshopped, because without any corroborating information it tells us absolutely nothing.  (Nothing about Islam, that is.  It tells me plenty about the people who would post it as “evidence” of something or other.)

Posted: 30 January 2008 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

One has to use one’s time carefully and not bother being inquisitive about drivel.  The photo may have been real or may have been constructed.  I really don’t care.  As I said, “I wasn’t basing my evidence on that.”  If someone tells me about a tree that fell in the Amazon rain forest, I’m not going to be inquisitive or skeptical about that, and I’m not going to investigate further.  I recognize that being or doing so would be a waste of my time.  If you want to track the source of that picture down, that’s fine, but I have no idea why you would expect this group of secular humanists to be interested enough to do so.

Occam

Posted: 30 January 2008 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

The other problem is as the old saying goes, “The squeaky wheel gets the grease”, that the Islamic extremists are the loudest and cause the most headaches.  They throw journalists in prison and give them the death sentence for “blasphamy” if they say anything against Islam.  They have videos, cartoons, and other media removed from the net that they feel is offensive to Islam, impose their beliefs on others via Sharia Law, etc etc etc etc.  The extremist are the loudest and are causing the most trouble, as well as, harming people in their wake.  People cannot be silent about this and where are the liberal Muslims?  Why aren’t they fighting this just as vigorously as the extremists are loud?  None us, not even the liberal Muslims can sit back and just let religious extremists (this includes the Religious Reich) do as they please or we will be living in oppression and misery.  Sharia Law that is imposed on the masses in the Middle East and the past history of Christians (ie the Inquisitions, Crusades, and the Darkage) are evidence of such misery and human despair, IMO.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 30 January 2008 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

Speaking of sharia Law ...

Top ten reasons why Sharia is bad for all societies

10. Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped.

9. Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives.

8. Islam allows an injured plaintiff to exact legal revenge-physical eye for physical eye.

7. Islam commands that a male and female thief must have a hand cut off.

6. Islam commands that highway robbers should be crucified or mutilated.

5. Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed.

4. Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death.

3. Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non-Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself.

2. Islam orders apostates to be killed.

1. Islam commands offensive and aggressive and unjust jihad.

For all of the details view the full article please - http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Posted: 30 January 2008 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-06
Occam - 30 January 2008 12:33 AM

One has to use one’s time carefully and not bother being inquisitive about drivel.  The photo may have been real or may have been constructed.  I really don’t care.  As I said, “I wasn’t basing my evidence on that.”  If someone tells me about a tree that fell in the Amazon rain forest, I’m not going to be inquisitive or skeptical about that, and I’m not going to investigate further.  I recognize that being or doing so would be a waste of my time.  If you want to track the source of that picture down, that’s fine, but I have no idea why you would expect this group of secular humanists to be interested enough to do so.

I just think the photo needed to be challenged for the same reason that any other slander should be challenged.  You may just disregard it, but others will swallow it whole, and their perception of all Muslims (including their next-door neighbours) will be tainted accordingly.

I see crap posted like this all the time (not referring specifically to CFI), and if I don’t call them on it nobody else ever does.  People seem almost eager to believe the most outrageous slanders against Muslims.  I’m sure if I wanted to surf some less-than-savoury Web sites I could easily find similarly disgusting pictures with Christian themes, and similar disgusting quotes from (supposedly) Christian leaders.  If I posted them, I’m sure I’d get shot down in flames, and rightly so.  But you can attribute just about any atrocity you want to Islam and nobody bats an eye.  I find it frustrating.

[ Edited: 30 January 2008 11:51 AM by Ron Webb ]

Posted: 30 January 2008 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Freethinkaluva - 30 January 2008 09:49 AM

Speaking of sharia Law ...

Top ten reasons why Sharia is bad for all societies

10. Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped.

9. Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives.

8. Islam allows an injured plaintiff to exact legal revenge-physical eye for physical eye.

7. Islam commands that a male and female thief must have a hand cut off.

6. Islam commands that highway robbers should be crucified or mutilated.

5. Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed.

4. Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death.

3. Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non-Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself.

2. Islam orders apostates to be killed.

1. Islam commands offensive and aggressive and unjust jihad.

For all of the details view the full article please - http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Some of the things you quoted is why Ayaan Hirsi Ali had to leave her home land after she wrote that book Infidel- that and because she is now an apostate and atheist.  They don’t like either.  Also, those who are not Muslims are infidels and considered losers.  rolleyes

Ron Webb said,

People seem almost eager to believe the most outrageous slanders against Muslims.  I’m sure if I wanted to surf some less-than-savoury Web sites I could easily find similarly disgusting pictures with Christian themes, and similar disgusting quotes from (supposedly) Christian leaders.

It is not slander when Muslim extremists and the Religious Reich behave in such a manner that is undignifying to the human.  IMHO, any religious extremist (both Muslim and Christain) who is doing harm to others should be called out.  Of course, I have not been beyond calling out the UnRational Respond Squad for some of their behaviours either.  I’m an equal opportunist and if the behaviour is not right, then I say something about it. It doesn’t taint all Christians and Muslims, just the extremists, who should be called out and people should know what all they do.  Falwell was the most prejudice, sexist, homophobic, egotistical bigotted there ever was in this century- in part because he was the leader of many people.  His son is just as bad. I don’t plan on stopping now when they continue human injustices.

Yes, I know a Muslim family.  They are pretty nice, but got their business shut down because not everything they sold was legal.  However, that had nothing to do with their religious beliefs.  Their religious beliefs are very weird though- they didn’t sell liquor, but they’d sell illegal substances?  Something about that doesn’t make sense.  She, the mother, said they were Sunni.  How do I know it was illegal substances?  She was griping about the police harassing them for possessing and selling marajuana.  I wouldn’t have known if she hadn’t told me.  I would have just thought they went out of business.  4.gif  I didn’t say anything.  What could I say?  They’ve lived her long enough to know the laws.  So much for religion, much less all that confusion.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 30 January 2008 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2007-06-20
Mriana - 30 January 2008 04:21 PM

Falwell was the most prejudice, sexist, homophobic, egotistical bigotted there ever was in this century- in part because he was the leader of many people.

I think you’re being a bit melodramatic.  Yes, Falwell was all those things, as well as a major league A-hole.  But the biggest one this century?  As for being a “leader of many people”, the number of people he “led” was miniscule in comparison to those who led nations and did things far worse than anything Falwell did.  Let’s not forget:

Kim Il Sung: 1.6 million dead.

Pol Pot: 1,700,000 dead.

Adolph Hitler: 12,000,000 dead.

Joseph Stalin: 23,000,000 dead.

Mao Ze-Dong: 49 - 78,000,000 dead.

You and I could (and did) simply change the TV dial when Falwell was on.  That’s much easier than escaping from a concentration camp or waking up in the middle of the night with Stalin’s Secret Police pointing a gun to your head and you and your family being led away never to be seen or heard from again.  Millions survived Falwell.  The same cannot be said of dozens of other prejudiced, sexist, homophobic, egotistical and bigoted “leaders” in the past 100 years.  Let’s have some perspective here.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 30 January 2008 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Alright then, in the U.S.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 30 January 2008 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

“Over the last 1400 years, 270 million non-believers were murdered by Muslim jihadists. Islam destroyed the Christian Middle East and Christian North Africa. It is estimated that upwards of 60 million Christians were slaughtered during this conquest. Also, half the Hindu civilization was annihilated and 80 million Hindus murdered. Islamic jihad also destroyed over 10 million Buddhists. In other words, Islam is a killing machine.”

http://www.masada2000.org/islam.html

“Bill Warner of the Center for the Study of Political Islam says “Approximately 270 million nonbelievers died over the last 1400 years for the glory of political Islam.”
http://libertyandculture.blogspot.com/2007/02/islam-tops-list.html

Posted: 31 January 2008 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Freethinkaluva - 30 January 2008 06:08 PM

“Approximately 270 million nonbelievers died over the last 1400 years for the glory of political Islam.”

Any idea how they came up with that number?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 31 January 2008 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-06
Mriana - 30 January 2008 04:21 PM

It is not slander when Muslim extremists and the Religious Reich behave in such a manner that is undignifying to the human.

Except that this discussion is called “The Truth about Islam”, not “The Truth about Muslim Extremists”.  Blaming all Muslims for the views and the atrocities of a minority of extremists is slander.

Posted: 31 January 2008 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-27

from post 7 - “40 percent of muslims in the UK want Sharia law”

The problem is that the numbers of Muslim extremists is much higher than we care t admit. Is anyone else paying attention to the other countries being over-run my Muslims via immigration etc? Sweden, Denmark, UK, Canada, on & on it goes. It’s difficult not to take their agenda for world domination seriously.

I’m concerned about the ILLEGAL immigration issue and how it relates to Islam/Muslims as well as Aztlanders from Mexico (or within the US) joining forces against Americans. Out of the 12 to 20 million ILLEGALS already within the US we have no Idea how many are terrorists or Aztlanders here to “take back the American south west”

I’ve seen the reports about Muslims recruiting new Muslims via the prison system in the US and other means. Seems to me if they didn’t get along it would be a benefit to Americans. However, if they were to join forces against Americans that would be bad news that should be made public. I suppose it could be a national security issue at some point.

The problem is, I don’t see anybody having these discussions making these connections anymore. It is off the radar due to the Presidential campaign and the Democrats refuse to address the ILLEGAL immigration issue at all let alone add the Muslims terrorist/Aztlanders into it.

Now, we have Obama being supported by Kennedy who totally supports Amnesty. Hillary isn’t any better on the ILLEGAL issue.

While on the Republican side we have John McCain who also helped write the Kennedy/McCain Amnesty bill. From what I’m seeing right now, it doesn’t look like anything will be done in the ILLEGAL immigration issue at all. In fact, it is more likely that Amnesty is on the agenda.

70% of Americans who want border security, port security etc, and the ILLEGAL immigration invasion stopped are not being included. I find this very disturbing to say the least.

http://islamwatchers.blogspot.com

http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/aztlan.html

http://counterterror.typepad.com/the_counterterrorism_blog/2005/08/radical_indoctr.html

;

Posted: 31 January 2008 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-01-31

If you don’t mind my two cents, I think one of the problems when discussing a religion is the confusion when one doesn’t separate philosophy from sociology. What the religions says (as exemplified in the documents) and how nominal adherents behave may have nothing to do with each other. Let’s face it; people can be lax, lapsed, and hypocrites. I know many Muslims and Christians that use the labels as an ethnic identifier.

It’s the devout that are a problem. The problem is those who live as their religion demands—faith instead of reason and submission to authority instead of independent thought. Today’s problem is first and foremost Islam. Most Christians just don’t realize how secular they are. I think this is a great opportunity to point that out. Don’t others agree?

3 of 15