No Programs About Darwin on Darwin Day?
Posted: 13 February 2008 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-12-03

Did anyone else notice the absence of any television programming relating to Charles Darwin yesterday? It was Darwin Day and I was fully expecting to see at least ONE program about Darwin on the History Channel or Science Channel. I went flipping through my satellite guide and didn’t find anything.

Did I miss something? Did anyone else catch any programs about Darwin?

Signature 

“How does a scientist know what’s true? Well, all facts begin as dreams, dreamt by a wizard. If the wizard crosses the path of a scorned widow, then he shares it at the town council. Now it is a hypothesis, and it is time to drown the wizard. If he floats, he is an evil wizard, and must be burned alive. If he drowns, then the hypothesis is true! The king is told, and he consults with his menagerie of birds. If the king is satisfied, then it becomes an old-wives tale and science is advanced.”

Posted: 14 February 2008 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-06-11

I didn’t even look, but that is too bad.  There was nothing in my entire province to acknowledge the day (that I could find online), though I did notice events planned in other major cities accross Canada.  I celebrated Dawin Day, alone, at home, with my kids.  Maybe next year I’ll plan a town wide event here and we’ll take our celebration to the park.  Although my guess is that it would be nothing more than a family picnic for the four of us :(

Signature 

JF