Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24

Check these out:

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA pix.htm

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK

Posted: 29 February 2008 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15401
Joined  2006-02-14

Very cool and beautiful! Thanks for the links, Kyuu.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 29 February 2008 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Awesome!

I am also proud to say that a logo I designed for my cousin’s company, which manufactures parts for aerospace industry, will appear on some future space ships. Beam me up, Scotty! grin The same logo will, however, also appear on US airplanes killing Iraqi children. Asi es la vida… downer

Posted: 29 February 2008 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

Gorgeous!  Thanks for that.

George, congrats!

Posted: 29 February 2008 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25

Thank you so much K-UK, these Pictures made me cry, I felt just so emotional, they are that beautiful and Grandiose. I once told someone that Science is the real Holy Spirit of today, have it sucked out of our lives in vacuum type of motion and simply see our world turn into an instant pile of rubble and kayos. True, Science is life itself. Thank you so much for such cool present cool smile . I used one of them as a wallpaper, I hope you don’t mind. Dear Looord, these pics are gonna haunt me for “couple of days”... thank you for ever.

[ Edited: 29 February 2008 04:56 PM by Daisy ]

Posted: 29 February 2008 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05

Awesome photos. Thank you for posting the link.

Woo hoo, George!

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 01 March 2008 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-02-24

Hi again guys, glad you liked the pictures ... the second one is now my laptop backdrop (though I had to clean my desktop up to make it worth it grin).

Does anyone know what the piece of coastline in picture #2 is? I’ve been looking on Google Earth (others have been looking too) but have so far failed to figure it.

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

Posted: 01 March 2008 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2424
Joined  2007-07-05

That is indeed very cool.

But are there any contradictions in the BIG PICTURE?

This year will be the 100th anniversary of the Ford Model T.

Are we supposed to believe our scientists can’t figure out planned obsolescence is going on in automobiles and has been for decades?  So does that ultimately have more of an effect on us than what we see in the cool pictures?  So when do we hear the scientists say anything about it?  So what can we conclude from the fact that they don’t?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 01 March 2008 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-02-24

[quote author=“psikeyhackr”]But are there any contradictions in the BIG PICTURE?

This year will be the 100th anniversary of the Ford Model T.

Are we supposed to believe our scientists can’t figure out planned obsolescence is going on in automobiles and has been for decades?  So does that ultimately have more of an effect on us than what we see in the cool pictures?  So when do we hear the scientists say anything about it?  So what can we conclude from the fact that they don’t?

Er ... whut?

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

Posted: 01 March 2008 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15401
Joined  2006-02-14

psikey, totally OT in this thread. I understand that threads often drift pretty radically, but obsolescence appears to be an obsession of yours. Please confine discussion of it to threads in which it is a topic.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 01 March 2008 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Kyuuketsuki UK - 01 March 2008 01:39 AM

Hi again guys, glad you liked the pictures ... the second one is now my laptop backdrop (though I had to clean my desktop up to make it worth it grin).

Does anyone know what the piece of coastline in picture #2 is? I’ve been looking on Google Earth (others have been looking too) but have so far failed to figure it.

Kyu

Thanks for the pictures.  Don’t recognize the coastline—if you find it can you post the answer here….

Really Great.

Posted: 01 March 2008 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-02-25

I have a little humble remark, these Astronauts are clearly super-human (how many astronauts do statistically exist for the 6 billions + that live on earth?), since human can be translated to natural, wouldn’t it be fair to frame them as supernatural??!!? LMAO grin , I mean I don’t mean that in divine sense but simply in practical scientific one. I think they are indeed supernatural.

those pics are really getting to me, I feel like a hungry wolf, I wish there was a way for me to transfer and dive right into one of them. LOL. ...talking about an instant addiction.

[ Edited: 01 March 2008 10:00 PM by Daisy ]

Posted: 02 March 2008 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-02-24

[quote author=“Daisy”]I have a little humble remark, these Astronauts are clearly super-human (how many astronauts do statistically exist for the 6 billions + that live on earth?), since human can be translated to natural, wouldn’t it be fair to frame them as supernatural??!!? LMAO grin , I mean I don’t mean that in divine sense but simply in practical scientific one. I think they are indeed supernatural.

I know what you mean but I tend to think it’s more about about drive that anything else ... these astronauts are clearly driven to do somethign spectacular and to my mind have achieved it. If you think that way about them what must you think about the first Russian and US astronauts? Wouldn’t they be gods?  cool smile

[quote author=“Daisy”]those pics are really getting to me, I feel like a hungry wolf, I wish there was a way for me to transfer and dive right into one of them. LOL. ...talking about an instant addiction.

I wish too in fact I think you can almost do that ... looking at number 2 in particular, with the astronaut float near the ISS, I feel like I am almost falling into it! One day eh?

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

Posted: 02 March 2008 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  2011
Joined  2007-08-09

I’d say “incredible,” but it’s not. It’s all real, which is what makes it so wonderful.

Signature 

I cannot in good conscience support CFI under the current leadership. I am here in dissent and in support of a Humanism that honors and respects everyone.

Posted: 02 March 2008 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2008-02-25
Kyuuketsuki UK - 02 March 2008 03:19 AM

I know what you mean but I tend to think it’s more about about drive that anything else ... these astronauts are clearly driven to do somethign spectacular and to my mind have achieved it. If you think that way about them what must you think about the first Russian and US astronauts? Wouldn’t they be gods?  cool smile

Nah, about the 1st astronauts, from where I am sitting now I’d simply repeat “There is a first time to everything.” ...but also, I would still definitly revere how the first layed their initial experience as support to what these were able to re-inforce and surpass.

I wish too in fact I think you can almost do that

you are right, one can almost do that, imagine a virutal reality chamber linked or intertwined to such photos and spaces! ...I mean just as simulator, the photos really do suck one out/in regardless. These amazing people are clearly taking the word LIVING to new heights. Talking about real self-expansion. Just for couple of minutes, close your eyes and imagine yourself out there buidling a Space Hub!!!!!!!!!

... looking at number 2 in particular, with the astronaut float near the ISS, I feel like I am almost falling into it! One day eh?

Kyu

I wonder what their “attire” is made out of and the cables and everything else, do you know? I mean for it to withstand such an environment, pressure and conditions, it just makes one wonder what is its nature. I also wonder how long it would take humanity to made space tourism accessible to the common man.

Posted: 02 March 2008 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Kyuuketsuki UK - 01 March 2008 01:39 AM

Does anyone know what the piece of coastline in picture #2 is?

No idea. For a moment I though it could be Labrador (left) and Greenland (right). But it’s not. It is very difficult even to start guessing where on the map to look if you don’t know where in the photo are north, west, east, south. There is also the problem with the image being a 2D photo of 3D earth (since we are used to a 2D map of our world), which extremely complicates the whole thing. Very frustrating!

If you find out, please let me know…

1 of 2