World Homeopathy Awareness Week - April 10-16, 2008
Posted: 25 March 2008 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

Home page here.

Homeopathy supports optimum health in sport, which in turn helps the athlete to achieve equilibrium of body and mind.  Homeopathic remedies can be of use at the moment of injury as First Aid and also for long- term injuries that cause complications such as stiffening of joints and enduring pain.  A single remedy, which is selected after a personal interview with the individual concerned, can often enable athletes to perform with equilibrium and harmony preventing every kind of injury.  Winning and Losing with Grace!

Maybe we can use this to spread the word that homeopathy is nothing more than watered down placebo. The case of Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills would be an excellent counterpoint to the quack BS homeopathic practitioners spread. In case you aren’t familiar, Kevin Everett was injured Sept. 9, 2007, in a game against the Denver Broncos. Doctors used a newly developed technique of cooling his body to keep spinal swelling down. He might have died from his injury if not for the quick treatment. Although Everett will never play football again he is walking on his own. Google “buffalo bills everett paralyzed” for more information.

These homeopathic quacks really piss me off. They prey on people’s gullibility, and offer nothing in return but empty promises. And this year their theme is “Homeopathy in Sports.”

The first thing we do is kill all the lawyers, then we can throw all these quacks in jail where they’ll do no harm.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 25 March 2008 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Yep, homeopathic treatment is only another way of selling bottled water or sugar pills. Really, anyone involved in that racket should be ashamed of themselves.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 29 March 2008 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

I’ve decided that in honor of World Homeopathy Awareness Week I will dilute my bourbon with a splash of water. Just a splash. I don’t want to dilute it to the point of uselessness.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 29 March 2008 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I think you have it backwards, fotobits.  A basic tenet of homeopathy is that the lower the concentration of a “medication” the more powerful it is.  We all know the health benefits of water, therefore you should reduce the amount of water you add to your bourbon to the smallest minimum.  Rather than a splash, you may want to just use one drop of water, or even better, gently blow over the glass one time so it can pick up a few molecules of water from the moisture in your breath. LOL

Occam

Posted: 30 March 2008 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

You’re right, Occam. I think I’ll just skip the water altogether. Maybe I’ll shake the bourbon to enervate the life force therein.

Signature