1 of 2
Jesus Condenses on Window in Chapel
Posted: 15 April 2008 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-09-14

Eyewitnesses talk about the vaporous Lord who made an ethereal appearance on a chapel window:

http://www.local6.com/news/15875360/detail.html

http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news/15875497/detail.html

As for myself, I think it’s not Jesus but the same guy who was peering out from Mars.  Probably an extra-terrestrial spy. smile

Posted: 15 April 2008 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

I thought he was hanging out on slices of toast, or was that Mary?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 15 April 2008 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4520
Joined  2007-08-31

If I see it correctly he wears glasses…

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 15 April 2008 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-14
GdB - 15 April 2008 08:23 AM

If I see it correctly he wears glasses…

GdB

Preposterous!  Of course He had to have perfect vision… But then maybe His “perfect” is so different than ours that we can’t ever possibly hope to understand it.  On the other hand, after 2000 years, His corneas should be as solid and inflexible as quartz crystals, so maybe the glasses PROVE He’s the same guy that showed up in the Chicago overpass, the Most Blessed and Holy Tomato, some tree bark, etc.

I think He showed up once in a rhubarb pie I was gnoshing; though it could have just been Herb Folthwit of 2307 Maple Lane making a confectionary post-mortem instantiation - since Herb was famous for his beard.  Then again, perhaps it was Genghis Kahn!  The mind reels with the multeferous identies of possible personages who proliferate on our otherwise pedestrian and faceless foodstuffs and constructs. Oh well, I ate him anyway.

[ Edited: 15 April 2008 09:01 AM by tscott ]

Posted: 15 April 2008 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I like how the photo caption describes the image as “unexplained.” That’s the trick: as long as it reminds “unexplained” it must be Jesus. Explain it, and the magic disappears.

Posted: 15 April 2008 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-14
George - 15 April 2008 09:21 AM

I like how the photo caption describes the image as “unexplained.” That’s the trick: as long as it reminds “unexplained” it must be Jesus. Explain it, and the magic disappears.

Good point!

Posted: 15 April 2008 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

how do they know it is Jesus? How do they know what Jesus looks like? there are no pictures or paintings of Jesus from his lifetime. How do they know it’s not the ‘devil’, or the creepy guy down the street?
geo

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 15 April 2008 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-14
asanta - 15 April 2008 05:59 PM

how do they know it is Jesus? How do they know what Jesus looks like? there are no pictures or paintings of Jesus from his lifetime. How do they know it’s not the ‘devil’, or the creepy guy down the street?
geo

I was thinking the same thing during dinner.  What if it’s actually Mohammad, or Stonewall Jackson, or as you say, just your average dude.  But then, those darned scientists tell us recognizing random faces has more to do with the eye (and brain) of the beholder than the random smudges.  I remember as a kid there was a particular pattern of woodgrain in the door of my parent’s house, and I used to worry that the face I saw in the smudges was watching me as I fiddled with electronics and motors and my various time machines…

Posted: 15 April 2008 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08
George - 15 April 2008 09:21 AM

Explain it, and the magic disappears.

How about this for an explanation: an image projector. 

http://www.instructables.com/community/Projecting-onto-class/

Maybe that’s why the guy said “it glowed!” 

And it kind of looks like a blurry poster, doesn’t it?

That would also explain why it went away after said time.

Posted: 24 May 2008 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-04

LOL.

That’s a great photo… looks a little too white to be a Jew, probably the reflection of a reflection, from the Hospital Chapel down the hall.
In most artists’ interoperation of Jesus, he’s I white guy (kind of Roman looking).

“Witnesses said after a few hours, the image vanished.” ...or maybe the Chaplin shut the door of the Chapel.

I for one have seen the image of the devil on the back side of a Slayer CD, turned out it was the reflection of the cover art.

[ Edited: 25 May 2008 07:00 AM by Amos ]
 Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”

Posted: 24 May 2008 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7574
Joined  2007-03-02
Amos - 24 May 2008 05:59 PM

That’s a great photo… looks a little too white to be a Jew, probably the reflection of a reflection, from the Hospital Chapel down the hall.

I was about to ask for theories on what this might really be.  That is a good one and a most reasonable one.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 07 September 2008 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-08-09

Evolutionists flock to Darwin-shaped wall stain

Signature 

http://lambdadelta.wordpress.com/

Posted: 07 September 2008 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14
Tony Sidaway - 07 September 2008 09:17 AM

Evolutionists flock to Darwin-shaped wall stain

LOL

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 September 2008 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

That reminds me of a wedding many years ago a number of us had to go to that was held in a large, new Catholic church.  The wall behind the pulpit was made of large, expensive wood veneer panels, the type where the wood is sliced thin and butted edge to edge making lines of bilateral symmetry.  Sitting listening to the priest drone on and on, I stared at the panels.  Suddenly, I saw something.  I asked a friend sitting next to me what he saw there, without giving him any indication of what I saw.  I asked my wife the same.  This was quietly repeated along our row.  Soon, everyone was having a hard time avoiding snickering.  There was no way this could have been used in a Rorschach test without everyone seeing a very clear and complete representation of human female external genetalia.

We couldn’t help wondering how many of the congregation stared at these wood panels every Sunday and saw the same thing. LOL 

Occam

Posted: 01 October 2008 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-10-01

I think it’s extremely simple.
Either a coincidence or a hoax.

If anyone here has read Climbing Mount Improbable by Richard Dawkins, you’ll see his reference to “seeing what one wants to see”

Posted: 01 October 2008 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Well!!!!  I’m crushed.  Are you implying, mitch, that I wanted to see female external genetalia???  LOL

I know.  You were responding to the original item of this thread. smile

Occam

1 of 2