Event Idea: Pastafarian Pasta Party
Posted: 15 April 2008 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2002-09-09

So, I had a dream about this two nights ago. It’s a little silly, but here goes…

Pastafarian Pasta Party!

Somehow, it should be connected to “Talk Like a Pirate Day” on September 19th. Here’s a scenario: The student group tables in the Student Union for two days straight—dressed as pirates! Hand out information about the group, advertise the pasta dinner, and give out little flyers explaining the history behind the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Maybe sell pirate-themed items (pirate cupcakes, bandannas, eye-patches, etc.) and FSM items. This could be done, say, on September 18 and 19.

Then, a couple nights later, do a pasta dinner—spaghetti and meatballs, and salad. Maybe a pirate-themed pasta dinner, where people can dress up if they want. Perhaps this can be on TLAP Day. It would raise some funds for the group.

(If you don’t know the connection between Pastafarianism, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and pirates, check out the Wikipedia entry on the Flying Spaghetti Monster. And, the letter that originated the idea.)

Now, some of you might think that this is excessively silly—indeed, it is! And it’s especially silly when the “theology” behind the pirate outfits is explained. Hopefully people will get the point. smile I’m smiling just thinking about it!

Debbie

Posted: 26 April 2008 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-04-24

I love this idea!
smile

Posted: 27 April 2008 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2007-09-28

RAmen.

All hail his noodlyness. - He’s just as real as anyone elses god!

Ski.

Signature 

hmmmmm  π