1 of 3
Graveyard picture in the dark
Posted: 18 April 2008 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-04-18

My roommate is into new age stuff and this picture was taken in a graveyard in the dark:

paranormal1.jpg

Is there a rational explanation for this? My roommate claims the picture shows ghosts channeling around the graveyard.  rolleyes

Signature 

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

Montana Infidels

Posted: 19 April 2008 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

It’s a guy (or a few folks) with a flashlight or LEDs. You can see them blinking on and off as the people move around. You just leave the shutter open on the camera and you get these lines.

In other words it’s fakery.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 19 April 2008 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18

paranormal2.jpg

paranormal3.jpg

paranormal4.jpg

These pictures were taken on November, 1st (Day of the Dead). The party consisted of a dog and one human. I didn’t want to go because I thought it foolish to wonder a graveyard in the middle of the night. I think the lines are not people with flashlights, but the camera flash.

Signature 

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

Montana Infidels

Posted: 20 April 2008 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4540
Joined  2007-08-31

Fully agree with Doug, simple tricks with open shutter, every photographer could make them.

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 20 April 2008 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7593
Joined  2007-03-02

Interesting tree.  However, I have to agree with Doug.  It’s trickery or rather tom-foolery

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 April 2008 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18

I think it’s light from the flash or lint caught in the flash. I did nothing to alter the pictures, no reason.

Signature 

Montana Infidels

Posted: 21 April 2008 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24
realchangeolympia - 20 April 2008 10:23 PM

I think it’s light from the flash or lint caught in the flash. I did nothing to alter the pictures, no reason.

You’re seriously saying that those bright lines on the pictures were not caused by someone holding a light or similar and waving it around during a long exposure because TBH, that’s what it looks like to me?

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK

Posted: 21 April 2008 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4540
Joined  2007-08-31

On the 3rd and 4th picture one can see exact parallel lines, which suggests there are reflections through a window or mirror.

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 21 April 2008 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
realchangeolympia - 18 April 2008 11:35 PM

My roommate is into new age stuff and this picture was taken in a graveyard in the dark:

Is there a rational explanation for this? My roommate claims the picture shows ghosts channeling around the graveyard.  rolleyes

Do you seriously believe this may be real? Or are you just pulling our legs? If you believe this is real, I have a large beautiful orange bridge that just happens to be lying around San Francisco to sell you for a few thousand dollars. LOL
geo

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 21 April 2008 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18
Kyuuketsuki UK - 21 April 2008 01:49 AM

You’re seriously saying that those bright lines on the pictures were not caused by someone holding a light or similar and waving it around during a long exposure because TBH, that’s what it looks like to me?

Kyu

I doubt there was anybody else out there running around with LED lights. I mean, what’s the point of trying to trick your roommates into believing in ghosts? The camera simply needs to be cleaned. For the record, the camera takes crappy pictures in the dark.

Signature 

Montana Infidels

Posted: 21 April 2008 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18
asanta - 21 April 2008 03:20 PM
realchangeolympia - 18 April 2008 11:35 PM

Do you seriously believe this may be real? Or are you just pulling our legs? If you believe this is real, I have a large beautiful orange bridge that just happens to be lying around San Francisco to sell you for a few thousand dollars. LOL
geo

I don’t believe in ghosts. I presented what one person claimed was ghosts. I am not the one making the claim.

Signature 

Montana Infidels

Posted: 21 April 2008 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14
realchangeolympia - 21 April 2008 03:27 PM

I mean, what’s the point of trying to trick your roommates into believing in ghosts?

I’d have thought that was obvious. For a laugh!

Sure, it could be some sort of internal reflection, double exposure (if the digital camera were programmed oddly), or other cause, but the form of these lines and the flashing along them makes it clear that these are lights that have been waved in the air while the shutter was open.

This practice apparently even has a name—it’s called “light graffiti”. See for example HERE.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 22 April 2008 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-02-24

Kyu

I doubt there was anybody else out there running around with LED lights. I mean, what’s the point of trying to trick your roommates into believing in ghosts? The camera simply needs to be cleaned. For the record, the camera takes crappy pictures in the dark.

People do it all the time and yes, IMO that is all the pictures are! IOW, assuming neither of you is exceptionally gullible, either you are trying to con us or your friend is trying to con you ... simple!

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

Posted: 22 April 2008 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18
Kyuuketsuki UK - 22 April 2008 02:23 AM

Kyu

People do it all the time and yes, IMO that is all the pictures are! IOW, assuming neither of you is exceptionally gullible, either you are trying to con us or your friend is trying to con you ... simple!

Kyu

Calling me a con? smile

Edited to remove abusive speech. The smiley isn’t really enough, here, RCO. Abuse is against the rules.

dougsmith—Admin

[ Edited: 22 April 2008 10:40 AM by dougsmith ]
 Signature 

Montana Infidels

Posted: 22 April 2008 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-02-25

why do ghosts have to come through a picture and not alive? what is stopping them?

Posted: 22 April 2008 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-02-24
realchangeolympia - 22 April 2008 10:32 AM

Calling me a con? smile

Actually I gave you a choice ... I assumed you & your friend weren’t gullible and said either you were trying to con us or your friend is trying to con you. If there is another explanation outside of the bogus claim that these pictures genuinely represent some supernatural event then I’d like to hear it.

This really isn’t rocket science.

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

1 of 3