2 of 3
atheist cartoons
Posted: 30 April 2008 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2008-04-03

Already been said, but kudos to you once again.  I thought a lot of them were really funny and very well done!  -Jon

Posted: 30 April 2008 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
bill - 30 April 2008 09:33 AM

Adobe used to make an application called Streamline which could vectorize scanned images. I used it for a while with mixed results. I’m not using the most recent version of Illustrator, which may be able to vectorize automatically, but I can’t imagine that you’d get the same level of control or simplicity as drawing lines by hand. Mac isn’t supported very well where I live, so I reluctantly went over to Windows years ago.

I suspect you are correct about the control aspect of automatic vectorization. Mac isn’t supported well where you live - and where is that? (No information in your profile)

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 30 April 2008 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2006-03-19
traveler - 30 April 2008 12:00 PM
bill - 30 April 2008 09:33 AM

Adobe used to make an application called Streamline which could vectorize scanned images. I used it for a while with mixed results. I’m not using the most recent version of Illustrator, which may be able to vectorize automatically, but I can’t imagine that you’d get the same level of control or simplicity as drawing lines by hand. Mac isn’t supported very well where I live, so I reluctantly went over to Windows years ago.

I suspect you are correct about the control aspect of automatic vectorization. Mac isn’t supported well where you live - and where is that? (No information in your profile)

Redmond, WA maybe?

Posted: 30 April 2008 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

I’m thinking it won’t be that obvious. LOL

Signature 

Posted: 30 April 2008 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2008-04-19
traveler - 30 April 2008 12:37 PM

I’m thinking it won’t be that obvious. LOL

Indeed. I live in Japan.

Signature 

atheist cartoons

Posted: 01 May 2008 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

Cool! I thought I sensed a little Moe. Your “Free Hugs” art made me rethink my views on some recent secular morals discussions.

I spent a very short time in Tokyo, on my way to Shanghai. Tokyo seemed very exciting. Have you lived in Japan all of your life?

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2008 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-19
traveler - 01 May 2008 06:53 AM

I spent a very short time in Tokyo, on my way to Shanghai.

That reminds me of a quip Harry Chapin (the late singer/songwriter) used to make at his concerts. I think it was when he was introducing a song that referenced Dayton, Ohio. He’d casually mention that “I spent a week in Dayton one afternoon…”
Anyway, I’m an expat, and I’ve been in Japan long enough to have written a (cartoon) book about having been here too long.

Signature 

atheist cartoons

Posted: 01 May 2008 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-19

On second thought, Harry Chapin may have been talking about Scranton, Pennsylvania. Anyway, you get the picture.

Signature 

atheist cartoons

Posted: 02 May 2008 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

Yes I do (I think it was Watertown). He also said, “When you’re going nowhere, anywhere’s a better place to be.”
Anyway, thanks for sharing your wonderful talent and sense of humor with us!

Signature 

Posted: 02 May 2008 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-19
traveler - 02 May 2008 06:17 AM

I think it was Watertown.

Watertown it is (at least according to HarryChapin.com). Thanks for all your comments. Cheers.

Signature 

atheist cartoons

Posted: 11 May 2008 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-04-12

Awesome work, and thanks for the other info as well.. I emailed the link to my mom as well, nice page for mother’s day mention.. heh heh..

Posted: 11 May 2008 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-19

Cheers, MorituriMax. Is your mother a like-minded heathen, or are you just being mischievous? If I sent any of these cartoons to my mother I think she might keel over on the spot (although I suspect she’s all but given up on the idea that I will someday return to “the religion of my birth,” i.e., Catholicism.

Signature 

atheist cartoons

Posted: 11 May 2008 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-04-12

Nah, she’s also an atheist although she will fight tooth and nail not to admit to the “atheist” label, she says she doesn’t like being “labelled.”  But she is perfectly fine calling herself a liberal.. snicker.. ah well, nobody is perfect.

I never know how to break it to her, but even though she always says how amazed she is that people can be brainwashed to believe anything Religion puts in front of them, she is the same way, if not worse, when it comes to the Democratic Party.  Anything the DP claims has the weight of law, anything the not-Democratic Party does is suspect, borderline criminal, or outright criminal.

She literally broke down in tears when I told her that the price of gas, while expensive, is about where it should be with inflation compared to the price of everything else, contrary to lib-dem “dogma.”  Maybe you could do some cartoon for the lock-step liberal democratic drones?  (kidding)

Heh, but she will LOVE the cartoons, keep em coming if you get the chance…

Have a good one!

Posted: 12 May 2008 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-05-09

Bill, your cartoons site is a very nice site!

LOL! wink

Greetings from Italy!

Signature 

CFI Italia
SETI ITALIA Team G. Cocconi

“Assignment of the Science is not to open a door to endless know, but to set a barrier to the endless ignorance.”   
Galileo Galilei by Bertolt Brecht

Posted: 12 May 2008 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-19
Bruno Moretti Turri IK2WQA - 12 May 2008 06:44 PM

Greetings from Italy!

Buon giorno.Grazie. Your mail makes me wonder—Do they teach English in public schools in Italy? And to what extent can most people in Italy actually communicate in English?

Signature 

atheist cartoons

2 of 3