I had to share this really cool video.
Posted: 01 June 2008 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2229
Joined  2007-04-26

This may not be as sensational as the alien video released on friday, but for sheer beauty and wow factor you’ve got to look at this. Its a video put together by some people at Harvard. The video is an animation showing the inner workings of a cell put to music. There’s no narration, so unless you’ve taken a bio course in the past few years there may be parts where you don’t really know whats going on, but even if you don’t recognize any of the things you see in this video its amazing just to sit back, listen to the music, enjoy yhe animation, and realize all of this is going on in each one of your cells at one time or another and more amazingly, we actually know about it.

Here’s the Link. Enjoy!!!

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 02 June 2008 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Yep, it’s really cool. FWIW I think it’s been mentioned here before; I know I’ve seen it a few times.

Harvard has more clips on their multimedia page HERE.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2229
Joined  2007-04-26

Yeah, I thought it might have been seen before. That’s the trouble with not having been around here to long. I’m not sure what’s been discussed or shared before. Oh Well. Maybe someone will get to see it who hadn’t seen it before.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

I think actually that it may have been used in a woo-woo video as background ...

oh oh

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos