Questions on Religiousness Thread
Posted: 12 June 2008 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18
Mriana - 12 June 2008 09:22 AM

cgallaga, this is arrogant, rude, insulting, and demeaning of others.  Even post #13 in this thread, also yours, was rude too.  Now I don’t know what the issue is that you seem to have with redcrayon’s post, but please stop with the demeaning attitude.  People are here to share thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc, not be insulted and demeaned.  You may not share the ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc that people post or not understand why they say things or ask questions, but that does not mean you have to be rude in your responses.

I respectfully disagree, and wonder if this has more to do with some personal issue, and our discussion on vegetarians. Other mods please weigh in.

Edit to add: Sorry I just remembered that the forum rules do not allow me to question this warning here. Mods please move my challenge to the proper forum.

Posted: 12 June 2008 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
cgallaga - 12 June 2008 05:56 PM
Mriana - 12 June 2008 09:22 AM

cgallaga, this is arrogant, rude, insulting, and demeaning of others.  Even post #13 in this thread, also yours, was rude too.  Now I don’t know what the issue is that you seem to have with redcrayon’s post, but please stop with the demeaning attitude.  People are here to share thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc, not be insulted and demeaned.  You may not share the ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc that people post or not understand why they say things or ask questions, but that does not mean you have to be rude in your responses.

I respectfully disagree, and wonder if this has more to do with some personal issue, and our discussion on vegetarians. Other mods please weigh in.

Edit to add: Sorry I just remembered that the forum rules do not allow me to question this warning here. Mods please move my challenge to the proper forum.

This has nothing to do with our disagreement in another thread, but rather what and how you said what you said to redcrayon.  I clearly specified that in my warning.  However, if Doug or Brennon want to weigh in, as you requested, I have no problem with that, but then again I already know where they stand.  You are right though, anyone who receives a warning from a mod is not suppose to challenge it, so it is really up to Doug and Brennen as to whether or not they reply to you or not.  My warning still stands though.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 June 2008 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2006-04-18
Mriana - 12 June 2008 10:16 PM

.  You are right though, anyone who receives a warning from a mod is not suppose to challenge it, so it is really up to Doug and Brennen as to whether or not they reply to you or not.  My warning still stands though.

Hmmm…enjoy your authority, but one must wonder why there is no open channel for appeal against authority in an alleged free thinkers forum.

[ Edited: 13 June 2008 04:03 AM by cgallaga ]

Posted: 13 June 2008 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

I’ve moved these posts here, since they don’t belong in the other thread.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 13 June 2008 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-04-18

And what about my request for an appeal?

I can show ample evidence in others posts from this very forum that my posts which were singled out “arrogant, rude, insulting, and demeaning of others” were actually well within the usual tone and timbre of dialogue on this board. Further I am stunned that a moderator is allowed to warn people because the moderator in a nearly esp like perception has determined that the poster has a “demeaning attitude.”

Posted: 13 June 2008 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Chris, we’re discussing it and will get back to you with a response later.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 13 June 2008 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2006-04-18

Thanks very much

Posted: 13 June 2008 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

NB: there are guidelines for posting in this folder. In particular, discussion can only be with the original complainant and Mods/Admins. All other posts will be deleted. (I’ve just deleted one post by another member).

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 14 June 2008 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

OK, we’ve discussed this issue and come to a general consensus:

The difference between strong criticism and abuse is vague and based on judgment calls which always can be called into question. The feeling of the Mods is that you should aim to tone down the rhetoric a bit, however the warning you were given was also somewhat out of proportion to the issue at hand.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 14 June 2008 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2006-04-18

OK,

When you say tone down the rhetoric, are you saying that my posts currently are lacking in sincerity or meaningful content? Or are you saying you prefer my posts to be less effective and persuasive?

Posted: 14 June 2008 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
cgallaga - 14 June 2008 08:39 AM

OK,

When you say tone down the rhetoric, are you saying that my posts currently are lacking in sincerity or meaningful content? Or are you saying you prefer my posts to be less effective and persuasive?

LOL

We want them just as sincere, meaningful, effective and persuasive. Perhaps a bit more sensitive to the possible feelings of other members, especially newer ones.

[ Edited: 14 June 2008 09:15 AM by dougsmith ]
 Signature 

Doug

Posted: 14 June 2008 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2006-04-18

Thanks, I’ll do my best.

‹‹ Subscription      Can’t access the wiki ››