4 of 4
UFOs detonating nukes?
Posted: 24 September 2008 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15399
Joined  2006-02-14
sate - 24 September 2008 05:18 AM

Personally I don’t see what’s so far-fetched about the alien-pyramid hypothesis. Surely advanced beings from across the galaxy would share important technologies like how to pile big rocks in interesting ways but not trivial, useless materials like paper or plastic.. not stupid ideas like sanitation, medicine, etc..,

Certainly said beings who had interacted with man for millenia would have to wait for Sagan’s arcane picto-gram to tell them what we’re like and subsequently have no way to respond other than by mimicing the effect of a handful of rope-weilding humans in a wheat field. What’s so strange about that?

In Fox’s “World’s Greatest Hoaxes: Secrets Finally Revealed” (1999) I think host Judd Nelson said it best (after video of men constructing complex crop circle in a couple hours with boards and rope): If aliens are indeed producing crop circles… they are doing it the hard way.

Well said, sate.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 September 2008 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

If something can be easily debunked by the Fox Network and Judd Nelson, well, it’s a pretty lousy hoax.  LOL

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 24 March 2009 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2009-03-24

That was a fun report from CNN. There has been claimed that it was just because of the Flying Lanterns. Sure there was a fun chasing UFO if that was what you want to believe, no wonder Robbie Williams is on his big leap on to discover a startling facts about Flying Lanterns and little green man.

Posted: 26 March 2009 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  323
Joined  2009-02-18

The pathetic plethora of pseudoscience crap on TV is to attract the ignorant flies and get RATINGS.

J. Randi has made this abundantly clear on countless occasions. It’s sad, but true.

There are, however, various cable channels [and PBS] which do not show this caca, and are very worth watching from a historical or scientific standpoint.

Posted: 26 March 2009 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
omnibus09 - 26 March 2009 09:56 AM

The pathetic plethora of pseudoscience crap on TV is to attract the ignorant flies and get RATINGS.

J. Randi has made this abundantly clear on countless occasions. It’s sad, but true.

There are, however, various cable channels [and PBS] which do not show this caca, and are very worth watching from a historical or scientific standpoint.

You still have to have a filter! Occasional woowoo crap gets through—-even there!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 26 March 2009 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03
asanta - 26 March 2009 03:14 PM
omnibus09 - 26 March 2009 09:56 AM

You still have to have a filter! Occasional woowoo crap gets through—-even there!

Some stations are worse than others. But none is safe. Even PBS has a nutjob. Yes, there is a strange doctor on PBS who claims he can prevent and cure Alzheimers. PBS uses him as a huge fundraiser, selling his “Alzheimers prevention strategy.” He claims Alzheimers is COMPLETELY curable if you follow his method.

Brain scam

“At the core of Amen’s crusade—both in print and on TV—is a type of functional brain imaging known as SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography), a radioisotope-enhanced CAT scan that measures blood flow in certain regions of the brain. Amen relies heavily on SPECT to make an early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s so that it can be prevented. But medical science does not support his view. “
““One of the sustaining factors in my work has been my own personal faith,” he declared in his 2002 book, “Healing the Hardware of the Soul: How Making the Brain-Soul Connection Can Optimize Your Life, Love, and Spiritual Growth.” “From the first month that I started to order these (SPECT) scans, I felt that they had a special place in science and that I was led by God to pursue this work.”

To make his program work, you must buy HIS brand of special vitamins, and his special scans “SPECT scanning provides “guidance in the application of specific medications or other treatments such as supplements, neurofeedback, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.” Did I mention he owns the clinics that run these scams, I mean scans?

PBS airs this quack program without so much as a disclaimer. People take PBS as FACT and it’s dangerous they allow this nutjob on there!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

4 of 4