Moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell Claims Alien Contact Cover-up
Posted: 25 July 2008 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell Claims Alien Contact Cover-up

You can hear audio of Dr. Mitchell claiming he knows about aliens on Earth at this link: 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fd_1216911065&p=1

It should be pointed out that:

Mitchell helped form the Institute for Noetic Sciences devoted to studying parapsychology.

Mitchell also believes that plants can perceive thoughts of human beings. 

Mitchell has also helped test Uri Geller and believes Geller has real psychic powers.

Mitchell engaged in his own private psychic test during his Apollo space flight.  Some believers claim it was a success…but only due to its failure!  The term “PSI Missing” was invented after this.  Here’s how they claim failure is a success:  Believers felt spectacular failures on ESP tests were too big to miss, so any big failure is seen as the person somehow not wanting to succeed, so they are purposely (or perhaps accidentally) off by one or two of their ESP symbol guessing, so they succeeded in failing to pass the ESP test - but they still have the ESP nonetheless.  Up is Down, Black is White, Failure is Success!

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 26 July 2008 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2190
Joined  2007-04-26

Its a shame when people use their position or title to lend credibility to a subject without providing evidence to support their point of view. The public needs to learn that evidence is what makes a theory credible not credentials. I see this same issue arising with the recent statement by an oncologist that cell phones are hazardous to your health. Despite the fact that numerous studies have shown no connection he felt the need to make this statement and it was splashed all over the news. This really should have been a “non-story”, but because the guy is a well known oncologist it was all over the media and people will give it credibility even though there was no new evidence or information in his statement.

Having a title or position of expertise gives a person the power to influence other people, but that power needs to be used responsibly. This is just another example of how our science education is failing the public. If the public had a better foundation in scientific principles they would be less likely to give credibility to statements like these without demanding hard evidence.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 26 July 2008 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
macgyver - 26 July 2008 04:29 AM

I see this same issue arising with the recent statement by an oncologist that cell phones are hazardous to your health.

I don’t see why people should worry.  The aliens should be able to provide us the cure to cancer!  wink

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 26 July 2008 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Are these the SAME ALIENS that are interfering with our military’s missile testing? (See my other post under paranormal.)

My mother and father were both in the Air Force (it’s where they met smile ) and were active for many years. Neither of them ever heard anything, not even a little rumor, about alien conspiracies.

I agree on the cell phone article that recently came out. Panic inducing nonsense. How much do you want to bet that sales of wireless headsets increase substantially now that the prominent oncologist has recommended them as a safety measure? I bet bluetooth is happy about this guy.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 26 July 2008 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

P.S. When you said “Moon-walker” I pictured a scientist impersonating Michael Jackson. Took a minute. (“Oh, MOON walker!) Guess I’m waiting for this big iced coffee to kick in.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 26 July 2008 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Jules - 26 July 2008 01:23 PM

My mother and father were both in the Air Force (it’s where they met smile ) and were active for many years. Neither of them ever heard anything, not even a little rumor, about alien conspiracies.

But don’t you see?!  That proves there is a cover-up!  Obviously if there are some people in on the cover-up, there have to be others who must be kept in the dark about it!  No evidence is proof of evidence!  wink  It’s just like Mitchell’s failed ESP test proved there really was ESP!

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 26 July 2008 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Ha ha - yes, that must be the reason! Their superiors must have been keeping the secret very, very quiet. Even my Dad, with high security clearance, didn’t know a thing about it! Of course, if he’d told me, he’d have had to kill me wink

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2008 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2006-08-12

One should try reading some of Mitchell’s papers, published on his website. They are quite interesting for the thundering barrage of quasi-scientific jargon. Here is a typical example:

I will use the word “perception” in its most generic sense to denote a basic subjective experience at all levels of complex matter. Thus the non-local quantum correlation between entangled quantum particles is considered the root cause of the phenomenon experienced as perception in more complex matter, but the non-local quantum hologram is the non-local carrier of information for molecular and larger scale matter. Thus, perception is not an object but rather the label for a nonlinear process involving an object, a percipient and information.  - Nature’s Mind: the Quantum Hologram - Edgar Mitchell, Sc.D.

We can see how few readily definable terms there are in this supposed explanation (which is just in the introduction to the whole ponderous article). What does “levels of complex matter” mean. When does matter become complex? He says “perception is not an object,” but who has ever claimed that perception is an “object”? Notice also the favorite phrase of the new agers and deconstructionists: “a nonlinear process.” We can see the typical pointless demonization of Newtonian science as “linear,” and by extension virtually all Enlightenment philosophy, pointless because Newtonian science was never exactly “linear” and science has moved on quite a bit since the 1600s and 1700s.

As an intellectual exercise, one can take the favored terms of these sorts of “scientific” investigations and apply them to just about anything one likes. Take these: nonlinear, non-local, hologram, quantum, entangled, and information. Here is one entitled “Cooking as Anticipatory Information Theory: The Quantum Holographic Spaghetti Effect.”  [Large parts of this are direct quotations with minor substitutions of Mitchell’s writing.] A host of observed, but very basic human phenomena, including cooking itself, have eluded rigorous scientific description by all disciplines of science. This is true, not because of insufficient evidence for a particular dish’s existence, but rather for lack of a theoretical construct which could fit within the prevailing paradigms of science. For millennia philosophers have pondered the nature of mind, cooking and mind/cuisine interactions but without sufficient knowledge and technical capability to propose properly testable theories. The basis of subjective cooking is rooted in the quantum attribute of nature called non-locality. I will use the word “cooking” in its most generic sense to denote a basic subjective experience at all levels of complex culinary phenomena. Thus the non-local quantum correlation between entangled noodle particles is considered the root cause of the phenomenon experienced as taste in more complex non-local gustatory perceptions, but the non-local quantum hologram is the non-local carrier of information for molecular and larger scale gustatory percpeptions. Thus, spaghetti bolognese is not an object but rather the label for a nonlinear process involving an object, a chef and information.

You may proceed at will with your exercise in quasi-scientific new age nonsense.

Signature 

The Doctor

“Each age has a special risk. Ours is letting half the world starve literally and nine-tenths of it starve educationally” - John Fowles, The Aristos

Posted: 26 July 2008 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I’m not sure what just happened, but I never want to eat spaghetti again!

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2008 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 26 July 2008 05:37 PM

I’m not sure what just happened, but I never want to eat spaghetti again!

Oh hell! I don’t think I want to cook again….in fact, I’m going out to dinner tonight! (Can you write some new age gobbledy-gook that would enable me to lose weight????, I mean, other than the obvious of not eating as much and exercising!) LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 27 July 2008 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-04

I always thought the UFO phenomenon was “encouraged” by governments to keep peoples minds off real issues…......  Ha, like the well known fact that he was the 3rd man on the moon, everyone knows that the first moon landing was a fake.. LOL

Signature 

“Is there a God in heven, a devil in hell, or is the only light to be seen the one at the end of my cigarette?”