Total Votes: 19
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Montauk Monster Photo
Posted: 05 June 2009 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4536
Joined  2008-08-14
Jules - 05 June 2009 11:05 AM

I hope it wasn’t too gross, at least it was still “intact” and not bloody/gorey.  wink

I just thought it was kind of funny the boys gave the raccoon a “Viking Funeral at Sea.” How silly!  LOL

I like that one eye, just staring up at you. It’s like that carcass is saying, “go ahead laugh, you’ll be here one day!”

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 05 June 2009 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02

I have no clue. For all I know, it’s a dead boar.  :(  A bit disturbing whatever it is.  Not as an animal, but the fact it looks like it died a brutal death and, IF it had fur, it was skinned.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 07 June 2009 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-06-07

Decayed male carnivore for sure, based upon the tooth structure (long canines and carnassial pair), clearly visible phallus (in the later picture), and fur remnants (around the neck). The articles naming it a raccoon seem to me quite solid in their logic. The article regarding the boys’ “funeral” seems to be rather definitive, since the pre-funeral animal would have been more clearly identified.  However, unlike the blog author claims, skull structure does not completely eliminate a dog from the realms of possibility. A bull terrier would fit the physiology of these remnants rather nicely as well.

Posted: 08 June 2009 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I am leaning towards the boy’s “raccoon claim” given their elaborate (and rather silly and amusing) teenage tale of finding a dead raccoon and holding a viking funeral for it. At first, however, I suspected a dead pit bull. Dog fighting is not uncommon around the Tri-State area, sadly. Losing dogs that die are often discarded in strange ways, as the fight organizers do not want the dead dogs traced back to them.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 08 January 2010 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-01-07

well i have 2 things in mind…

1- it’s a cave creature which seems from its skin. it can stand on its feet and grab things like a squirrel and climb the trees. and it’s not a pure specie from the way it looks like. so maybe there is an evolution in its breed.

2- it’s from another dimension…

i have heard a story from an old spanish lady who mentioned a story that took place in one of the country sides in spain. while people were harvesting in a field, they found 2 children that they looked kinda human but still they are not pure humans. they tried to communicate with them but they couldnt since non of them understood the language of each other. So they captured the children and the Lord of the region in that time spoke to his daughter who knew many languages to try to interact with them. after a week the boy died because he couldnt eat our food. while the girl was able to adapt to eat only beans. she managed to live for like more 4 months and during this period the little girl was able to interact with the daughter of the lord by learning couple of words. at the end, the girl and the daughter managed to interact and the girl told her that we came from a different world. our sun is different than yours and its color is purple, our nature is kinda similar but still its different and the food is totally different. the daughter asked her of how you managed to come here with your bro? the girl replied that they were running away from a man who was chasing them and out of a sudden they found themselves in the field.

my point is, maybe this creature is from another dimension and a portal opened and transfered it to earth.

well this what crossed my mind :D and i shared it…

Signature 

Mind can accept any boundary anywhere. But the reality is that, by its very nature, existence cannot have any boundary, because what will be beyond the boundary - again another sky.

Posted: 08 January 2010 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Cute!  LOL

I still suspect it’s a dead raccoon, as the boys who claimed to have found it said before they singed the fur off it with a “funeral fire” in a college prank.  wink

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 01:41 AM

well this what crossed my mind :D and i shared it…

While reading your post something crossed my mind, but I better not share it…  cheese

Posted: 08 January 2010 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 01:41 AM

well i have 2 things in mind…

1- it’s a cave creature which seems from its skin. it can stand on its feet and grab things like a squirrel and climb the trees. and it’s not a pure specie from the way it looks like. so maybe there is an evolution in its breed.

They did DNA testing and confirmed what biologist told them. I don’t remember whether it was a dog or raccoon, but it was 100% earthly.

i have heard a story from an old spanish lady who mentioned a story that took place in one of the country sides in spain. while people were harvesting in a field, they found 2 children that they looked kinda human but still they are not pure humans. they tried to communicate with them but they couldnt since non of them understood the language of each other. So they captured the children and the Lord of the region in that time spoke to his daughter who knew many languages to try to interact with them. after a week the boy died because he couldnt eat our food. while the girl was able to adapt to eat only beans. she managed to live for like more 4 months and during this period the little girl was able to interact with the daughter of the lord by learning couple of words. at the end, the girl and the daughter managed to interact and the girl told her that we came from a different world. our sun is different than yours and its color is purple, our nature is kinda similar but still its different and the food is totally different. the daughter asked her of how you managed to come here with your bro? the girl replied that they were running away from a man who was chasing them and out of a sudden they found themselves in the field.

...and why didn’t the ‘lord’ seek medical treatment for the child? If this were a story from long ago….It sounds like a simple fairy tale without a shred of proof of reality. Anecdote is not proof. Imagination is not reality.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 January 2010 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15362
Joined  2006-02-14

Almost sure it was found to be a raccoon.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 08 January 2010 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I forgot how BIG and fat raccoons get up here! I used to see them all the time when I grew up out in the suburbs. Now that I’m in the middle of the city, I have only seen a couple of smaller ones at the park. But growing up there was “big daddy raccoon” which was as big as the neighbor’s bulldog. He would stagger onto our porch at night, and try to open up the grill and look for scraps around the table from summer barbeques. We lost a couple of housecats to fights with raccoons, over the many years in that house. I’m sure daddy raccoon had something to do with at least one of them. That was his territory.

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-01-07

i know imagination is not reality, but from every tale there is a truth in it… its just we have to dig and separate the exaggeration from the true part. the point is maybe it’s just a creature that new to us whether its DNA mutation or just from somewhr else. after all i never saw a raccoon that big. and it’s interesting to know what it is and why it looks like this with no question marks around it.

“im new to forums, so i dont know how to quote for several replies in one message, can anyone help please?” thx

Signature 

Mind can accept any boundary anywhere. But the reality is that, by its very nature, existence cannot have any boundary, because what will be beyond the boundary - again another sky.

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 07:19 PM

i know imagination is not reality, but from every tale there is a truth in it… its just we have to dig and separate the exaggeration from the true part. the point is maybe it’s just a creature that new to us whether its DNA mutation or just from somewhr else. after all i never saw a raccoon that big. and it’s interesting to know what it is and why it looks like this with no question marks around it.

“im new to forums, so i dont know how to quote for several replies in one message, can anyone help please?” thx

1) you can’t tell HOW big the ‘monster’ is, because anything in the background that can be used as a reference has been moved.
2) Raccoons get as big as 60lbs. I have seen them kill medium sized dogs. As a matter of fact, dog killing raccoons (it only takes one raccoon to kill a dog) became such a problem in the city where I used to live, that the newspaper printed a story to tell homeowners NOT to send their dogs out to confront the raccoons that were raiding their garbage cans at night.
3) it was POSITIVELY identified by biologists.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

i know imagination is not reality, but from every tale there is a truth in it…

Yes, you can, for example, make a puppet from wood. The puppet will, however, never become alive.

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

It’s difficult; basically you have to have more than one window open, and copy the replies into a single open screen. Easier just to reply to each one in series.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

... from every tale there is a truth in it…

Er, certainly false, unless you’re talking about poetic and/or metaphorical truths, which basically means you’re saying nothing.

Here’s my tale: an eight legged kangaroo drank the pacific ocean and took a motorcycle trip to Mars.

No truth there that I can see ...

Signature 

Doug

3 of 4