Total Votes: 19
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Montauk Monster Photo
Posted: 08 January 2010 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
dougsmith - 08 January 2010 07:57 PM

Here’s my tale: an eight legged kangaroo drank the pacific ocean and took a motorcycle trip to Mars.

6.9 on Dawkins’s scale this is not true. cheese

Posted: 08 January 2010 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-01-07
dougsmith - 08 January 2010 07:57 PM
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 07:19 PM

... from every tale there is a truth in it…

Er, certainly false, unless you’re talking about poetic and/or metaphorical truths, which basically means you’re saying nothing.

Here’s my tale: an eight legged kangaroo drank the pacific ocean and took a motorcycle trip to Mars.

No truth there that I can see ...

when i meant about the truth is tales and myths is more serious than this… you can take the example of Atlatis… after all i got your point as well the points of the others.

“thx i will quote one by one better smile

Signature 

Mind can accept any boundary anywhere. But the reality is that, by its very nature, existence cannot have any boundary, because what will be beyond the boundary - again another sky.

Posted: 08 January 2010 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 08:09 PM

when i meant about the truth is tales and myths is more serious than this… you can take the example of Atlatis… after all i got your point as well the points of the others.

Er, then you’re getting into what I said before: poetic and/or metaphorical truths. Atlantis is a fictional kingdom, the story begun by Plato.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 08 January 2010 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-01-07

have you ever heard of the emerald tablets? it hold secrets and truths by Thoth the Atlantean… and many others tried to translate it and in search for the original tablets that says it’s in Giza, Egypt.

Signature 

Mind can accept any boundary anywhere. But the reality is that, by its very nature, existence cannot have any boundary, because what will be beyond the boundary - again another sky.

Posted: 08 January 2010 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 08:30 PM

have you ever heard of the emerald tablets? it hold secrets and truths by Thoth the Atlantean… and many others tried to translate it and in search for the original tablets that says it’s in Giza, Egypt.

Do you have any credible sources for this tale?

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 08 January 2010 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-01-07

We based our finding upon a paradetect team research into myth and legends surrounding that ancient character Thoth. And most of our research was conducted in the Mid. East, the region where the myth and legend originated from, there is an even more exciting possibility about the emerald tablet, we might have stumbled upon a location in the Mid East, where according to our pre finding it might have an ancient copy of the emerald tablets, it might even be in Phoenician language, this of course needs to be investigated thoroughly before presenting it to the public. We are working on it.

Read more about Thoth and the emerald tablets at our website and send us your comments and share with us your thoughts.

All are welcome to participate and help us find the truth behind myth and legend.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2010 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 10:18 PM

We based our finding upon a paradetect team research into myth and legends surrounding that ancient character Thoth. And most of our research was conducted in the Mid. East, the region where the myth and legend originated from, there is an even more exciting possibility about the emerald tablet, we might have stumbled upon a location in the Mid East, where according to our pre finding it might have an ancient copy of the emerald tablets, it might even be in Phoenician language, this of course needs to be investigated thoroughly before presenting it to the public. We are working on it.

Read more about Thoth and the emerald tablets at our website and send us your comments and share with us your thoughts.

All are welcome to participate and help us find the truth behind myth and legend.

The truth is that they are (to be extremely generous) MYTHS, LEGENDS with wild claims and suppositions without any proof or basis in reality. I would be very surprised if you are able to convince a forum of SKEPTICS who insist on concrete PROOF and not just more stories, of the validity of your claims.

If I stated what I really thought, I would risk being censured by, or banned from the forum.

[ Edited: 09 January 2010 03:58 AM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 January 2010 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Dandouna - 08 January 2010 10:18 PM

I’ll take that as a “no”.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 09 January 2010 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-01-07

it is a yes unless u don’t recognize the region we have researched is on the map and we r open to any suggestion on how myth is investigated.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2010 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Dandouna - 09 January 2010 08:45 AM

it is a yes unless u don’t recognize the region we have researched is on the map and we r open to any suggestion on how myth is investigated.

That is still a no. No proof…at..all

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

4 of 4