3 of 3
What is your philosophy?
Posted: 27 October 2006 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  2006-04-07

We should be with Peter Singer and the Spanish administration in wanting to gove the other great apes more protections in that their consciousness approaches ours enough. Rather than as some theists bray that we would give humanity less due without a god morality ,we extend moral protections to animals!  :idea:  :wink:

Signature 

Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism.He might be wrong!His cognitive defects might impact his posting. Logic is the bane of theists.‘Religion is mythinformation.“Reason saves, not that fanatic Galilean!
  ’ Life is its own validation and reward and ultimate purpose.”

Posted: 27 October 2006 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
[quote author=“skeptic griggsy naturalis”]We should be with Peter Singer and the Spanish administration in wanting to gove the other great apes more protections in that their consciousness approaches ours enough. Rather than as some theists bray that we would give humanity less due without a god morality ,we extend moral protections to animals!  :idea:  :wink:

I couldn’t agree more! Well said.

Posted: 28 October 2006 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2006-04-07

Thanks George! It just galls me when others assert a lessening of morals when they have improved since the birth of the Republic -no legal slavery, righst for women ,c hildren and workers. It seems to me the others are talking about sexual morality.And there things are better! :idea:

Signature 

Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism.He might be wrong!His cognitive defects might impact his posting. Logic is the bane of theists.‘Religion is mythinformation.“Reason saves, not that fanatic Galilean!

Posted: 28 October 2006 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

1.  Abortion:  I always get a kick out of those who claim it’s killing a life.  Let’s carry this to its logical conclusion.  The statement is that the zygote is alive so killing it is murder and a sin.  However, the sperm and the ovum are also alive.  I suppose the rt/to/lfrs would say they weren’t, but if one pre-heats the ovum and sperm to, say 140 degrees F, then puts them together, nothing happens.  They have to be alive to join and form a zygote.  The argument that life doesn’t begin until they are joined is silly.  Life began about three billion years ago and every zygote is merely a continuation of that same life.

So, if they are alive, it must be murder to kill them, and certainly allowing something to be killed by one’s inaction is just as much a sin.  Therefore, any activity which does not actively try to promote the life of sperm and ova is a sin.  That means that masturbation is murder, that any sexual act other than standard copulation during the woman’s fertile period is murder, and even abstinence is murder as is contraception.  The only sin free people would be children, those past menapause, and those who are having vaginal sex constantly during the fertile period.

And, I’d feel that the right to lifers were not quite so obviously sanctimonious liars if they were willing to take into their homes and raise every child that was born of a mother who couldn’t, because of physical, social, financial, or psychological reasons, care for the child.

Until our first poster does that, I have to think he’s a liar or incapable of mature reason.  I wouldn’t accept his argument that he’s just a high school sophomore since many girls who need abortions are also high school sophomores.

2.  The contention that homosexuality is a sin or not “normal”.  Animals, including humans (and especially males), are not genetically programmed to want children.  They are programmed to want orgasms.  This is a neat way of accomplishing pregnancy even if the animals weren’t hoping for it.

However, we can and do have orgasms many ways.  If one rejects homosexual orgasms, as the first poster did, then he must reject all the other non-pregnancy-producing orgasms (mentioned above) as being just as sinful as he judges homosexuality.

Occam

Posted: 05 November 2006 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2006-11-03

hmm?

If gayism is aloud to spread to much it could possibly cause the extinction of are species.

Please clarify: “gayism is aloud”, “to much”, “are species”

Thanks in advance

Signature 

"I’m probably wrong."

Posted: 06 November 2006 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  964
Joined  2005-01-14

Re: Doublemint

[quote author=“skeptic griggsy”] Why shouldn’t one appreciate that someone of ones own sex finds one attractive?  :idea:  :wink:

I sometimes wonder how women could possibly find men as sexually attractive as we find them.  But it’s a good thing for us that they do!  wink

Posted: 06 November 2006 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I sometimes wonder how women could possibly find men as sexually attractive as we find them.

I bet that’s what women often ask themselves.

LOL LOL

Posted: 14 March 2007 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-03-11

[quote author=“George Benedik”]

I sometimes wonder how women could possibly find men as sexually attractive as we find them.

I bet that’s what women often ask themselves.

LOL LOL

I like the bonobo’s philosophy: make love not war.

Posted: 14 March 2007 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2006-04-07

No doubt!

Signature 

3 of 3